For those critical of our non conference schedule | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

For those critical of our non conference schedule

Everyone, I am aware that the RPI is the official computer ranking of the NCAA.

My point is that it is not a good way to gauge a team's strength of schedule at this time. Thus, using a high RPI SOS ranking as evidence that SU has played a strong schedule is not a strong argument.

Just think about it. The same set of data that is saying the Orange has played the 4th toughest schedule in the country thus far is also saying Southern Miss, Seton Hall, Northern Iowa and Ohio U. are top 10 teams. None of those four teams is close to truly being a top 10 team.

The RPI's accuracy will improve as more games are played.

Everyone, I am aware that the RPI is the official computer ranking of the NCAA.

My point is that it is not a good way to gauge a team's strength of schedule at this time. Thus, using a high RPI SOS ranking as evidence that SU has played a strong schedule is not a strong argument.

Just think about it. The same set of data that is saying the Orange has played the 4th toughest schedule in the country thus far is also saying Southern Miss, Seton Hall, Northern Iowa and Ohio U. are top 10 teams. None of those four teams is close to truly being a top 10 team.

The RPI's accuracy will improve as more games are played.
could say the same about kenpom and sagarin

could say the same about kenpom and sagarin

Look at the RPI's top 10 teams, then Sagarin's and Pomeroy's and tell me which you think is closer to having it.

Which isn't to say that any system wouldn't benefit from more data, but Pomeroy and Sagarin are miles more accurate than the RPI right now.

The teams we have beaten are 100-42 vs. everybody else and we've beaten them by 21.7 ppg.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom