For those of you wondering why Allen started the season, we have our answer | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

For those of you wondering why Allen started the season, we have our answer

First, there is no comment from Hunt or anyone else.

Second, if this is true, then I question what practice is like.

Finally, I still contend this is pure BS. A guy dragging a$$ won over the full team's support for game 1? It's not like Shafer just saw Hunt for the first time this preseason. So has Hunt been dogging it since he's been here?

They went all in to get Drew to come in. He didn't work out. You win some, you lose some. They lost on that call.

I totally agree. And I also wonder why the hell Shafer even decided to go there. I would have answered the question like this:

"To be honest, August was forever ago. Terrell has done a phenomenal job for us and we look forward to keeping up the production as the real season begins. And I still have faith in Drew if he goes in there. The kid is mature and a gamer. We're in great shape."

Do you post on a Giants board and act like a negative pr*ck 24/7 there too? Or is that all saved for Cuse?
people are smart on the Giants boards, can understand things.

know football.

know talent.

know competition.

know posting.

never played playstation.

Giants will still make playoffs, but that's a different topic for a different thread.
Ya. People don't realize that there is a great chance that the G-Men will only be one game out of first place in the NFC East after Sunday.

you know what i have played playstation... and i liked it a lot. It was fun, it was a nice break between double sessions during college when i was playing football. the giants will probably not make the playoffs, but the division is horrible. To say that they will make the playoffs with certainty is no different than some people saying that they think hunt is good. You kind of contradicted yourself

Is it really that hard to believe that under real game situations, where the QB is a live target and reading the D is much more complex, that Allen could not perform as effectively as he did in practice? That maybe Hunt was resigned to Allen looking better in practice? And, when Hunt was given the opportunity in live game action, his natural ability took over and he looked much more relaxed and in command of the O than he ever showed in practice?

Granted, the difference between Hunt and Allen appears to be dramatic, even given allowance for the quality of the competition.

I will be very interested to see how Hunt performs against Clemson. I agree with Kaiser to the extent that we just don't know yet. But I tend to think that, even if Hunt is terrible, Allen would have been even worse.

know football.

know talent.

know competition.

know posting.

Can the people that post on the Giants silly board block for Eli? Do they have the power to make him throw to the right team?...

Didn't think so.

Can the people that post on the Giants silly board block for Eli? Do they have the power to make him throw to the right team?...

Didn't think so.
what???

what???

Your crowning prince of a QB has been sacked 14 times in 4 games and has turned the ball over 11 times. The people on your board should know (and presumably you should know) that the talent that you're recognizing on the Giants is lacking. And that they ain't making the playoffs.

Your crowning prince of a QB has been sacked 14 times in 4 games and has turned the ball over 11 times. The people on your board should know (and presumably you should know) that the talent that you're recognizing on the Giants is lacking. And that they ain't making the playoffs.
listen, again...wrong topic and in the wrong thread...but if you are going to disparage Eli, please call him by his full name.

3x Pro Bowler, 2x SuperBowl Champion and 2x SuperBowl MVP....Eli Manning.

quickly...the problem with the Giants is not a lack of talent and is CERTAINLY not the QB, the problem is the OL.

an OL that currently starts its #1 draft pick.

a Syracuse guy.

so if you want to discuss the worst Offensive Line in pro football history and the Syracuse relevance to its shittyness...lets go.

but thats not for this thread.

listen, again...wrong topic and in the wrong thread...but if you are going to disparage Eli, please call him by his full name.

quickly...the problem with the Giants is not a lack of talent and is CERTAINLY not the QB, the problem is the OL.

a Syracuse guy.

so if you want to discuss the worst Offensive Line in pro football history and the Syracuse relevance to its shittyness...lets go.

It's useless even replying to you. So I'll move on.

It's useless even replying to you. So I'll move on.
please.

i have no time for children who dont get it.

thank you.

I'd be happy to wager money that Drew Allen was guaranteed to start.

I'd be willing to bet money that you have no way of proving that.

It's almost comical how a person performing markedly better in practice than in games is a foreign concept. It's as if Ethan Cole never existed...

i wonder if everyone on giants message boards starts a new paragraph for each sentence for emphasis? Do they also treat people like on the internet to make them feel better?

know football.

know talent.

know competition.

know posting.

Called for Coughlin's head shortly before a Super Bowl win.

Twice.

a Syracuse guy.

Pugh has played 4 freakin' games, and has been maybe the lone bright spot on the line as he has at least held his own. Let's hope that Giants board full of football geniuses like yourself has some better discussions than that.

Once again, you're going out of your way to take a Syracuse shot. Odd.

Hard to believe Hunt wasn't "going hard" in practice as he was fighting to return the starting position from Allen's challenge. It's easier to believe he wasn't tested by the practice defense but his skills should still have been apparent.

That's why the pro's have exhibitions, to see as close to possible in game conditions, how players react.

Too bad SU doesn't play the college version of exhibitions by opening up with a patsy in week 1 like 95% of all BCS schools. Looks like they'll finally do this in 2014.

It appears to me you are pulling the "sources" card and I can assure you I have my own and know how close they are to the program. Maybe in a very rare case where it could be a difference maker it is.

please take this "my source is better than yours" pissing match over the payside;)

Pugh has played 4 freakin' games, and has been maybe the lone bright spot on the line as he has at least held his own. Let's hope that Giants board full of football geniuses like yourself has some better discussions than that.

Once again, you're going out of your way to take a Syracuse shot. Odd.
Not what I said.

All we've accomplished here is out a bunch thin skinned nancy boys who clearly shouldn't be posting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom