For those of you wondering why Allen started the season, we have our answer | Syracusefan.com

For those of you wondering why Allen started the season, we have our answer

Not surprised. There usually is a good reason for these types of decisions instead of the coach is crazy or there was a conspiracy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many here figured this was the case. In practice conditions, knowing you can't get hit, a protypical qb with a good arm will probably outshine the guy without the arm. In the game, not so much.

Some kids are gamers, some arent.

That's why the pro's have exhibitions, to see as close to possible in game conditions, how players react.

First, there is no comment from Hunt or anyone else.

Second, if this is true, then I question what practice is like.

Finally, I still contend this is pure BS. A guy dragging a$$ won over the full team's support for game 1? It's not like Shafer just saw Hunt for the first time this preseason. So has Hunt been dogging it since he's been here?

They went all in to get Drew to come in. He didn't work out. You win some, you lose some. They lost on that call.

Complete nonsense - needs to justify a bad decision which is understandable. I'm glad he had the nuts to move on from it and am glad we've found our Qb for the next three years.

I am sure Allen looked decent in practice playing against our pass defense. But there is no way that the vast vast difference in play between Hunt and Allen was not at least somewhat apparent in scrimmage/practice situations.

anyway like I said glad they didn't hesitate too long before making the right call - just wish Penn state were this weekend and not week 1.

Finally, I still contend this is pure BS. A guy dragging a$$ won over the full team's support for game 1? It's not like Shafer just saw Hunt for the first time this preseason. So has Hunt been dogging it since he's been here?

They went all in to get Drew to come in. He didn't work out. You win some, you lose some. They lost on that call.
He didn't say he was dogging it.

Are you really good friends with this guy?

giorgiotsoukalos.jpg

I'd bet willing to bet you're 100% wrong

We can agree to disagree.

But I just want to clear up one thing, independent of Hunt/Allen, you do believe Syracuse coaches promise positions or no?

We can agree to disagree.

But I just want to clear up one thing, independent of Hunt/Allen, you do believe Syracuse coaches promise positions or no?
They don't. Recruits are quoted all the time saying about our coaches that they tell it like it is. I am certain this is the case. Drew was given a chance to start after proving in practice he could run the offense. Fact of the matter is he couldn't do it in a game. That's why Hunt is now our QB. Game player.

They don't. Recruits are quoted all the time saying about our coaches that they tell it like it is. I am certain this is the case. Drew was given a chance to start after proving in practice he could run the offense. Fact of the matter is he couldn't do it in a game. That's why Hunt is now our QB. Game player.

They do. I'm 100% certain.

We can agree to disagree. I respect you as a poster, I'm sure you are a fine person and I know you are a big fan. But you are unequivocally wrong on this.

They do. I'm 100% certain.

We can agree to disagree. I respect you as a poster, I'm sure you are a fine person and I know you are a big fan. But you are unequivocally wrong on this.
It appears to me you are pulling the "sources" card and I can assure you I have my own and know how close they are to the program. Maybe in a very rare case where it could be a difference maker it is.

It appears to me you are pulling the "sources" card and I can assure you I have my own and know how close they are to the program. Maybe in a very rare case where it could be a difference maker it is.

I'm sure you have more consistent sources. I just get information from time to time, but when I do, it's pretty good.

And to be clear, I'm not saying I know for a fact the Hunt/Allen thing was a guarantee. I'm speaking to using a guarantee to start in recruiting as a generalization.

Who knows, there is implicit and explicit language, the way things are conveyed and translated. A lot of gray area.

Anyway, Hunt is the starter now and let's hope he kicks butt on Saturday.

I'd bet willing to bet you're 100% wrong
I'm willing to bet hunt gets an absolute education on sat. I'm 100% positive on this.

I wonder how all the hunt to the HoFers will react??...

I'm willing to bet hunt gets an absolute education on sat. I'm 100% positive on this.

SU winning would go a long way to making the pain of the Giants season go away.

SU winning would go a long way to making the pain of the Giants season go away.
Giants will still make playoffs, but that's a different topic for a different thread.

Wait, you forgot the part where you say, "of course I hope I'm way off base on my call" :)

Michael Owens who was a Parade High School All American, and given the # 44 wasn't even guaranteed a starting position, didn't start until his Senior Season, even while we recruited His All American Brother Billy Owens.

I'd be happy to wager money that Drew Allen was guaranteed to start.

No idea if anyone was promised anything, but like I have said before, I know people who were at most, if not all, the practices along with the team scrimmages and not once did they ever indicate that Allen was not the best and wouldn't start. They always came away thinking Allen would start. And I am sure they weren't privy to any promise, so their opinion was not based on that but what they saw on the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No idea if anyone was promised anything, but like I have said before, I know people who were at most, if not all, the practices along with the team scrimmages and not once did they ever indicate that Allen was not the best and wouldn't start. They always came away thinking Allen would start. And I am sure they weren't privy to any promise, so their opinion was not based on that but what they saw on the field.

As I stated, I don't have definitive information to say that I'm 100% regarding this specific instance. Just my opinion.

Do you post on a Giants board and act like a negative pr*ck 24/7 there too? Or is that all saved for Cuse?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom