For those with ACC Network coverage/ESPN3 issues... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

For those with ACC Network coverage/ESPN3 issues...

The affiliate - WLNY - that carries the ACC Net (and did show last Saturday's Miami game) is not picking up the game Tuesday night choosing to show a repeat of Dr. Phil instead.

Just saw the above - yet another reason to thank the kids for the AppleTV birthday present. I'll watch this one on ESPN3.

im just worried espn3 is gonna black out the game for those of us in nyc.

Yes, unfortunately. In the past I've missed out on Syracuse CBS national broadcasts because the CBS affiliate here in the Raleigh/Durham market was showing a Raycom produced Ga Tech/NC State broadcast or a similar awful ACC game. Glad that won't be a problem any longer.

Yeah but now the issue is that our games on the ACC network get trumped by other local games if being played at same time (I'm in Charlotte). So tonight's game will be NC state vs Notre Dame instead of ours. Obviously we should still get it on espn3/watchespn but for me it is so much easier to watch on satellite/cable and not have to deal with streaming issues.

Connecticut viewers have only ESPN3 it seems. We are not far from Syracuse or NYC or Boston but too small to matter I guess. I have been able to watch all the games but watching ESPN3 on a tablet is not my ideal watching conditions. Better than nothing of course.

If I were you, I would investigate getting an Apple TV or Roku unit. Should cost less than $100 and allow you to watch ESPN3 games on your HDTV (assuming you have decent Internet access and a WiFi network at your home).

Only use Internet Explorer when viewing espn3.
Other browsers use so much memory that it degrades the picture quality.
Chrome is the worst.
It is the only reason I ever use I.E..

im just worried espn3 is gonna black out the game for those of us in nyc.

According to the map, NYC is not in the blackout area for the game. We should be fine. Just sucks that we have to watch on a computer.

Yes, unfortunately. In the past I've missed out on Syracuse CBS national broadcasts because the CBS affiliate here in the Raleigh/Durham market was showing a Raycom produced Ga Tech/NC State broadcast or a similar awful ACC game. Glad that won't be a problem any longer.

I'm in the Raleigh area as well. The Miami game was shown on the local Fox affiliate on Saturday, but I missed the first 30 minutes since they thought a 30 minute postgame soccer show was more important. And since the game was being broadcast on a local channel, ESPN3 was blacked out. Very frustrating!

Here's the ESPN3 blackout map:

1447642.jpg

Here's the ESPN3 blackout map:

1447642.jpg

I'm in the Lehigh Valley in PA (Service Electric TV). Even though it looks like we are in the green, the Miami game was blacked out. I will have to look again tonight. Is the blackout area set or does it switch based on opponents?

I don't understand why ESPN blacks out areas far from where the game is being played. Why is the east coast of Florida blacked out when the game is in Virginia?

I'm in the Lehigh Valley in PA (Service Electric TV). Even though it looks like we are in the green, the Miami game was blacked out. I will have to look again tonight. Is the blackout area set or does it switch based on opponents?

I'm not sure exactly where the Lehigh Valley TV radius extends to, but here are the PA stations carrying the game:

Pennsylvania
Harrisburg-LancasterPAWHP-D2MyTVmytwentyone.2
PhiladelphiaPAWPSJ-D2
PittsburghPAWTAE-D2This TV
Wilkes Barre-ScantonPAWQMYMy Network TVMy Network TV WQMY

I'm not sure exactly where the Lehigh Valley TV radius extends to, but here are the PA stations carrying the game:

Pennsylvania
Harrisburg-LancasterPAWHP-D2MyTVmytwentyone.2
PhiladelphiaPAWPSJ-D2
PittsburghPAWTAE-D2This TV
Wilkes Barre-ScantonPAWQMYMy Network TVMy Network TV WQMY

Appreciate it..we are stuck between Scranton and Philly so I have my fingers crossed.

I don't understand why ESPN blacks out areas far from where the game is being played. Why is the east coast of Florida blacked out when the game is in Virginia?

It's on local TV in Central/Eastern Florida (Orlando-Daytona Beach-Melbourne, West Palm Beach-Ft. Pierce), although I'm not sure why it isn't blacked out in other areas of the country that will be showing the game (i.e. Salt Lake City, Phoenix, New Orleans etc)

The only thing I don't understand is why WLNY in NYC didn't pick up the game tonight, like they did Saturday. Must be due to them running their nightly news at 9pm instead of the usual 11 PM the real stations have. Or I guess it could be the Judge Judy episodes after. I wonder if an SU game could garner higher ratings for that channel than their new/JJ reruns. I've watched that channel 3 times, the NC St/GT football games and the Miami game on Saturday, and have to reason to watch otherwise. I'm sure others would feel the same, and doubt there are that many people tuning into their news program...

Only use Internet Explorer when viewing espn3.
Other browsers use so much memory that it degrades the picture quality.
Chrome is the worst.
It is the only reason I ever use I.E..
This was a great tip, thanks!!!! I watched some previous games on ESPN3 and the quality of the stream was terrible. I tried it again last night using IE instead of Chrome and the picture quality was way better, at least 90% of the time. Usually I never use IE. So thank you for posting.

if there is a blackout on ESPN3, just download an IP address scrambler and you'll be fine. I did this for all the football games this year on ESPN3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom