Class of 2017 - For what it's worth part 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 For what it's worth part 2

As I mentioned previously my next door neighbor is a prominent AAU coach. Told me Quade verballed to Gmac...

Today I was trying to come up with explanations for why Green has not announced his commitment.

My best guess is that he is holding off so he can declare his intention to play for "the University of Syracuse" during a live recruiting special on the ESPN family of networks a la Tyler Roberson.

The coaches don't mind because it gives Cuse a little extra pub.

Today I was trying to come up with explanations for why Green has not announced his commitment.

My best guess is that he is holding off so he can declare his intention to play for "the University of Syracuse" during a live recruiting special on the ESPN family of networks a la Tyler Roberson.

My thoughts exactly

That would be great, but it only is a great scenario of Quade is able to tell our other recruits that he's Orange. Maybe he trusts some of them enough to do so. Obviously, a silent verbal is great because we are getting him but I'm referring to the second paragraph.

It's apparent that QG to SU has been a done deal for quite some time but the lack of an announcement is annoying at this point.

That would be great, but it only is a great scenario of Quade is able to tell our other recruits that he's Orange. Maybe he trusts some of them enough to do so. Obviously, a silent verbal is great because we are getting him but I'm referring to the second paragraph.

It's apparent that QG to SU has been a done deal for quite some time but the lack of an announcement is annoying at this point.
Calipari didn't get that memo apparently.

Welcome to Cuse basketball 2016.

No commitment to SU has been made at the moment. UK is a legit threat to steal him from us. I still think that we'll get him, but his recent visits to SU didn't give people the feeling that he was a lock to come like previous trips.
Do you think it has anything to do with positive early season reports on Howard? Or is it more UK striking out with its other pg recruits? I assume its the latter

No commitment to SU has been made at the moment. UK is a legit threat to steal him from us. I still think that we'll get him, but his recent visits to SU didn't give people the feeling that he was a lock to come like previous trips.

Thank you for the update, not what I think anybody wanted to hear, but good to know what's going on. You're the best.

f4a2b8e56f23f2dc2910b73fd036d26a.gif

yikes . . . giving it a like not for the news, but for the honest assessment of the state of play

Do you think it has anything to do with positive early season reports on Howard? Or is it more UK striking out with its other pg recruits? I assume its the latter
A bit of both. Calipari is promising him that he'll start from day one. On our side we have the potential emergence of Howard at the PG spot. I don't think that should be a big concern for Q, because both could share duties in the backcourt together. I guess it all depends if having the rock 100% of the time is a big deal for him. I imagine Cal is telling him that he'll be used similar to Ulis.

A bit of both. Calipari is promising him that he'll start from day one. On our side we have the potential emergence of Howard at the PG spot. I don't think that should be a big concern for Q, because both could share duties in the backcourt together. I guess it all depends if having the rock 100% of the time is a big deal for him. I imagine Cal is telling him that he'll be used similar to Ulis.
From what i have seen he is very capable of being an Iverson type scoring guard (as opposed to being strictly a PG) , if i were him i would want to play with another playmaker like Frank, but we ll see

Thanks for the insight! And with regards to Ullis, it is worth noting he had to share the rock within the uk system plenty with other guards, ie murray, briscoe

tumblr_nftp2plep81tdwamwo4_r1_400.gif

What is it flacusian he goin to Kentucky?
No, just a response to Francis's statement that the warm fuzzy feeling associated with a sense of surety that he would be committing to Syracuse was not as palpable during his recent visit and the fact that Kentucky is in play as well.

Thanks for the insight! And with regards to Ullis, it is worth noting he had to share the rock within the uk system plenty with other guards, ie murray, briscoe
Everything still ran through Ulis tho. Murray and Briscoe both had to play out of position and off the ball because Ulis had the keys from Cal to be man. He's basically promising Q that he'll be the main guy handling the rock.

Everything still ran through Ulis tho. Murray and Briscoe both had to play out of position and off the ball because Ulis had the keys from Cal to be man. He's basically promising Q that he'll be the main guy handling the rock.

Interesting how that plays with Young. He has been Cal's #1 PG priority for a while - would think that wouldn't sit well with him...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom