For your Newhouse, AP and ESPN-based PR tools... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

For your Newhouse, AP and ESPN-based PR tools...

Read LeMoyneCuse's post above to see why I asked for proof of that happening.

On another note, the interface here is great. Kicks the crap out of Rivals and Scout. Well done choosing it for your refugee camp here.

Refugee camp here? LOL. Wait until you see it in its completed stages.

BTW, don't forget to watch ESPNU tomorrow night at 6pm. A 30 minute feature on SU football.

You guys really need to come up with a new set of made up realities that don't come from the McNabb era. Saturday made it 6 out of the last 9 and although I am in the RU fan camp that readily concedes that you have the better tactician and strategist in Marrone, I will take our recruiting over yours during their shared time to be where we are.

And please show me somewhere that anyone employed by ESPN has had anything remotely bad to say about your move to the ACC.

1) You clearly still have a little man complex when you come to another teams forum to talk about a game you should never have one.
2)We have beat you 2 out of the last 3 and if you want to go back further why don't you take a look at the overall record.
3)Which team had more freshmen making plays? Our guys may not have had the star rankings that Snookie U did but they play harder and faster.
4)Did I mention Snookie?
5) I look forward to watching SU whip Snooki U in basketball and lacrosse; but don't worry I won't come to your board and act like a fool.
6) ACC > MAC/Conference USA

Just another ESPN mouthpiece that knows where here paycheck comes from when it comes to matters of Cuse, Rutgers and the perceived NYC market's importance to the ACC. Perceived is the important word here - being 5 hours away certainly explains the embarrassing marketing campaign to create another reality. Enjoy all those b-ball games in the MSG next year. Will the upstaters go for that AND the Meadowlands games?

We'll also be enjoying the RAC seeing as how we take over that arena too.

So you really actually believe that we don't have an equal right to cite the same thing with our almost 2 to 1 time of possession, a 130 yard passing yardage edge, our abundance of flat out dropped passes and THREE missed field goals? Your compatriots elsewhere keep blaming the turnovers that they swear weren't to our credit. Can we take back just the first then, too, and wipe 7 off the board for Cuse? We likewise think it should have been 30-6 us.

Come on, bees. Try to put your absolute hatred for Butgers or Rutgirls on hold for a little logic to shine through here.

There's not a neutral fan in the world who thought that was close to a 30-6 rutgers game. You're just getting delusional now.

So you really actually believe that we don't have an equal right to cite the same thing with our almost 2 to 1 time of possession, a 130 yard passing yardage edge, our abundance of flat out dropped passes and THREE missed field goals? Your compatriots elsewhere keep blaming the turnovers that they swear weren't to our credit. Can we take back just the first then, too, and wipe 7 off the board for Cuse? We likewise think it should have been 30-6 us.

Come on, bees. Try to put your absolute hatred for Butgers or Rutgirls on hold for a little logic to shine through here.

30-6?!? Do you even know what a football is?

Here you go --

1) Your girl Andrea (along with others on ESPN broadcasts with a vested interest in making the promised 5 extra million to each ACC team look worth it and not just a basketball move):
"The Orange blew the game against Rutgers. There really is no way around saying that. They had ample opportunities to put the win away, but too many turnovers doomed them." - http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/24463/big-east-power-rankings-7

2) Your alum John Kekis (who actually is so committed to his alma mater, he made HIMSELF orange) in the NY Post:
"Bailey appeared to be down on a television replay, but the ruling on the field was upheld, sending the Scarlet Knights (3-1, 1-0 Big East) into a frenzy after they had huddled along their sideline waiting." - http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/coll...nge_in_double_overtime_UYJkHGp1ow4Eb9rrYZni1L
(I can understand you missing that one though. It's from the NYC media which is 5 hours away.)

3) My favorite - on "College Football Talk" on the VS. Network, there was a segment with former Syracuse tight end Roland Williams. The host asked him "What was the outcome of that (Rutgers) game" and he just said "we ran out of time, officials made a bad call." (Sorry, no link - it was a TV show, where we have heard most of this nonsense.)

Enough already.

Just quoting this for Page 2. Everyone go and read this again. Hahahaha, oh man.

Then remind yourself you're actually arguing with this guy.

...that keep fueling this nonsense that the refs stole the game from you, please share the following with them-

Pertaining to the personal foul called on RU after the blocked FG and TD:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4fRoLTVkfg

And as for the game ending fumble being BS:
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn265/seels2662/fumble/fumble.gif

Hey numbnutz...the first youtube clip - with the block on the kicker was NOT the penalty. The penalty occured around midfield and there were 3 flags thrown on the play. I didn't see it live and have yet to see a replay but there were 3 flags thrown on the play. So whatever occured was likely the correct call; 3 flags were thrown, I know because I watched them pick up the flags and throw them all together in a pile and it was right at midfield.

You guys won a pillow fight - congrats. One thing I learned is that rutgers is a god awful sh!tty team. You guys have nothing to hang your hats and will scratch and claw to finish .500.

troll-people-be-gone.jpg

I am so thankful we will not be playing Snooki University again once we are in the ACC.

View attachment 68

I am so thankful we will not be playing Snooki University again once we are in the ACC.

I doubt that...I bet RU gets #15 slot. Even if they don't TGD knows a continuing h/h series is good for both fan bases.

I doubt that...I bet RU gets #15 slot. Even if they don't TGD knows a continuing h/h series is good for both fan bases.

Why would we play them OOC? If there are 9 ACC games then we likely have a 1AA game and a non BCS game OOC every year. That leaves one slot for a BCS OOC game. Why would we waste that on RU when we can play much more attractive teams? There is ZERO reason to ever play them again.

1) You clearly still have a little man complex when you come to another teams forum to talk about a game you should never have one.
2)We have beat you 2 out of the last 3 and if you want to go back further why don't you take a look at the overall record.
3)Which team had more freshmen making plays? Our guys may not have had the star rankings that Snookie U did but they play harder and faster.
4)Did I mention Snookie?
5) I look forward to watching SU whip Snooki U in basketball and lacrosse; but don't worry I won't come to your board and act like a fool.
6) ACC > MAC/Conference USA

So I'm the "little man" here with links to statements and video records yet you go with the Snookie nonsense?

When will you guys own up to the fact that she is actually from upstate NY? I would think you would be proud of her, especially since she is orange.

I am exaggerating with the 30-6 to make a point about the absurdity of bees imagined 30-3.

Have a nice day, folks. I have work to do. Thanks for allowing the sparring as in the old place, I would have been banned long ago.

Rutgers doesn't schedule teams that could beat them OOC. So I doubt they would agree to a series and plus I doubt honestly TGD would schedule them unless it would be a neutral site game like at Metlife Stadium and it was maybe a 1 shot deal. I want nothing to do with Rutgers and UConn in football once we leave the Big East. Pitt, BC, Miami, Virginia Tech will be enough Big East teams for the local SU fanbase and we won't have to deal with bulls#it of RU fans who claim they are the next super power. I will miss RutgersAl that guy is pure 100% class and is a true fan to the core. Please post more on the Syracusefan RutgersAl.

Hey numbnutz...the first youtube clip - with the block on the kicker was NOT the penalty. The penalty occured around midfield and there were 3 flags thrown on the play. I didn't see it live and have yet to see a replay but there were 3 flags thrown on the play. So whatever occured was likely the correct call; 3 flags were thrown, I know because I watched them pick up the flags and throw them all together in a pile and it was right at midfield.

You guys won a pillow fight - congrats. One thing I learned is that rutgers is a god awful sh!tty team. You guys have nothing to hang your hats and will scratch and claw to finish .500.

I don't even know what those 2 links show. The block in the back was a block in the back. Don't care if it was 20 yards behind the play. As to Baileys fumble, Rutgers is just lucky it was called a fumble on the field. Whatever was called on the field was going to stick because that video at least is inconclusive thus the fumble stuck. You see the ball moving but there is no way of telling if his hand was still on and around the ball. He very well may have had his whole arm moving forward but there is no way to tell from that if the ball was actually out of his grasp before his other hand touches the ground a split second later.

Have a nice day, folks. I have work to do. Thanks for allowing the sparring as in the old place, I would have been banned long ago.

Strange, the exact same admins and mods are here as the "old place".

Hey numbnutz...the first youtube clip - with the block on the kicker was NOT the penalty.

Block on the kicker? First, you are confused. Second, you are absolutely WRONG. #42 was given by the official as the one committing the personal foul. He would be the one just barely visible as your big ugly lowers his right shoulder into him. Feel free to watch any video you can find and you will hear #42.

I would be happy to admit that I'm wrong once you find the video to show me otherwise.

I don't even know what those 2 links show. The block in the back was a block in the back. Don't care if it was 20 yards behind the play. As to Baileys fumble, Rutgers is just lucky it was called a fumble on the field. Whatever was called on the field was going to stick because that video at least is inconclusive thus the fumble stuck. You see the ball moving but there is no way of telling if his hand was still on and around the ball. He very well may have had his whole arm moving forward but there is no way to tell from that if the ball was actually out of his grasp before his other hand touches the ground a split second later.

On one of the replays the ball was CLEARLY out. I didn't see the penalty live at the Dome. On the TV it looked like Hay took a shot at the RU guy and the RU fell then tripped Hay. I think we got away with one there. The rest of the stuff that idiot RU fan (is that redundant?) is pure stupidity.

On one of the replays the ball was CLEARLY out. I didn't see the penalty live at the Dome. On the TV it looked like Hay took a shot at the RU guy and the RU fell then tripped Hay. I think we got away with one there. The rest of the stuff that idiot RU fan (is that redundant?) is pure stupidity.

The only replay I saw of the fumble was the one linked. It's not clear there was my point so I didn't know why he would link it. As to Hay, imagine Hay not leaning to his right some. What happens? The RU kids runs right over him and gets the penalty. I think Hay leaned right just to brace himself of sorts cause he was gonna get hit.Like others have said, 3 guys tossed flags. But whatever, like I told our rutgers friend, that is all late in the game after SU had already pissed away a chance at a bug win where these things don't even happen. We gave it away.

...that keep fueling this nonsense that the refs stole the game from you, please share the following with them-

Pertaining to the personal foul called on RU after the blocked FG and TD:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4fRoLTVkfg

And as for the game ending fumble being BS:
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn265/seels2662/fumble/fumble.gif

I would think it would be in your best interest to stop having your interviewed alums and affiliated media (or in some cases, Cuse grads working for the AP) stop embarrassing themselves with this nonsense.

Please also spare us the nonsense about the game being given to RU by Cuse. Did you want us to reach a 4th missed FG to even consider we tried to do the same? When it comes to the turnovers, were you paying attention to how our defense caused them in each of the previous 3 games with regularity?

Yes, BOTH teams at times played ridiculously horrible football. Your boy Nassib certainly made mistakes but he is the second QB with a previously high completion percentage that our secondary gave problems. You might want to take him at his word - our D is very, very fast. I think he is going to end up one of the smartest, most efficient QBs in the northeast over the next few years. In watching film, I'm sure the fact that our D is much faster than URI, Maine and Toledo probably came as no surprise to him.

You seem to have lost your way. I assume you meant to go here, since it is where most Rutgers fans will be posting shortly:

http://www.cusa-fans.com/boards.html

You guys really need to come up with a new set of made up realities that don't come from the McNabb era. Saturday made it 6 out of the last 9 and although I am in the RU fan camp that readily concedes that you have the better tactician and strategist in Marrone, I will take our recruiting over yours during their shared time to be where we are.

And please show me somewhere that anyone employed by ESPN has had anything remotely bad to say about your move to the ACC.

Other than the last 9 what is your record against SU? You lose to us during Marrone's first season a 4-8 finish ... lose to him again last year during an 8-5 finish ... then win this one ... you are looking at 9 matchups to expand the argument ... I am expanding it even further ... we've taken 2 of the last 3 ... Marrone is over .500 against RU ... keep changing the parameters to support a handful of your "glory seasons". Your fan base is pathetic and your argument is a 9 year stretch ... too bad most schools have been playing football far longer ... funny how much the birthplace of college football forgets history. Don't worry Marrone's recruiting will continue to improve and you will be a MAC cellar dweller soon enough ... Even when our program was at our worst you couldn't dominate us for a decade or put 70 points up on us ... of course your claim to fame is finishing 3rd in the BE one season, wait was it even third ... and your program has stooped as far as to come over here and brag about beating SU during a lean period ... that is your program's claim to fame. Go back and look at the resume of the SU football program and stop wasting time coming here. It must suck being the red headed stepchild in this relationship.

The RU-SU game was an embarrassment to both teams and to the game of football. It was extremely painful to watch as it was like one team saying to the other team "here is the football see if you can score with it because we dont know what to do with it".

If either team had played WVA last Saturday the score would have been so lopsided as WVA would have won by 50 points.

Rutgers doesn't schedule teams that could beat them OOC.

So wait...You are aware Ohio was the MAC champ last year, NOT Toldeo, right? How long will you ride that they "gave trouble" to a now clearly overrated OSU team? You do also know Navy and Army went to bowl games last year, right? Did URI or WF? It's debatable to many that NC may prove to be at least an equal to USC this year but I suppose I'll give you that one.

My point is how long will you ride this argument in a season when it's not true?

The RU-SU game was an embarrassment to both teams and to the game of football. It was extremely painful to watch as it was like one team saying to the other team "here is the football see if you can score with it because we dont know what to do with it".

If either team had played WVA last Saturday the score would have been so lopsided as WVA would have won by 50 points.

I completely and utterly agree. So therefore how does either claim they gave the other the game when we were both awful?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DolphinDad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom