For your Newhouse, AP and ESPN-based PR tools... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

For your Newhouse, AP and ESPN-based PR tools...

The only replay I saw of the fumble was the one linked. It's not clear there was my point so I didn't know why he would link it. As to Hay, imagine Hay not leaning to his right some. What happens? The RU kids runs right over him and gets the penalty. I think Hay leaned right just to brace himself of sorts cause he was gonna get hit.Like others have said, 3 guys tossed flags. But whatever, like I told our rutgers friend, that is all late in the game after SU had already pissed away a chance at a bug win where these things don't even happen. We gave it away.

Wow. Just wow. How you can watch both of those and come up with that...wow.

This is probably the funniest thread of the new board. Nothing like making up to complain about.

Why would we play them OOC? If there are 9 ACC games then we likely have a 1AA game and a non BCS game OOC every year. That leaves one slot for a BCS OOC game. Why would we waste that on RU when we can play much more attractive teams? There is ZERO reason to ever play them again.

We'll play them OOC, because we will need to have some cupcakes on the schedule, and they'll finally try to beef up for the big conferences.

So wait...You are aware Ohio was the MAC champ last year, NOT Toldeo, right? How long will you ride that they "gave trouble" to a now clearly overrated OSU team? You do also know Navy and Army went to bowl games last year, right? Did URI or WF? It's debatable to many that NC may prove to be at least an equal to USC this year but I suppose I'll give you that one.

My point is how long will you ride this argument in a season when it's not true?

Well that was just flat out a lie. They weren't even their division champs. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Mid-American_Conference_football_season

And FWIW, Toledo beat Ohio last year, but who cares.

So wait...You are aware Ohio was the MAC champ last year, NOT Toldeo, right? How long will you ride that they "gave trouble" to a now clearly overrated OSU team? You do also know Navy and Army went to bowl games last year, right? Did URI or WF? It's debatable to many that NC may prove to be at least an equal to USC this year but I suppose I'll give you that one.

My point is how long will you ride this argument in a season when it's not true?

Ummmm Toledo hammered a pretty good Temple team last week and we are WF's only loss. Regardless, your team won last weekend so friggin RELAX! It was ugly, but you got the W and that's all that really matters.

As for the "work to do" comment. Again, RELAX. Pretty sure he was just busting your balls. Hell I'm at work right now as are quite a few others on this board I'm sure.

Easy, I used my eyes. You?

BTW son, since you have all this video there. Why don't you rewind that blocked kick return about 30 seconds. What you will see is a Rutgers defender on the back of our WR before the ball gets there raking his arm. That was the play that led to the blocked FG opportunity.

You guys really need to come up with a new set of made up realities that don't come from the McNabb era. Saturday made it 6 out of the last 9 and although I am in the RU fan camp that readily concedes that you have the better tactician and strategist in Marrone, I will take our recruiting over yours during their shared time to be where we are.

And please show me somewhere that anyone employed by ESPN has had anything remotely bad to say about your move to the ACC.

I love how you choose to use the last 9 games to make yourself feel better that you are a fan of Rutgers. I'll use the last 42 games though seeing that's a tad more accurate in regards to our school's respective places in CFB history. 30-11-1. Have fun in the Big MAC. Right where your school belongs. I'm sure those battles with SMU will be epic.

Hey buddy Miami(Oh) won the MAC last year. I know they play in Ohio but they aren't Ohio University. Rutgers schedules NOBODY in the non-conference.
Rutgers has played the following BCS teams in OOC.
2011-North Carolina
2010-North Carolina
2009-Maryland
2008-North Carolina
2007-Maryland
2006-North Carolina, Illinois
2005- Illinois
2004- Michigan State, Vanderbilt
2003- Michigan State
2002- Tennessee, Notre Dame

You guys HAVE PLAYED 2 BCS teams OOC 3 times in the last DECADE. Its a joke Rutgers fans crap on the Big East when you guys have done NOTHING TO BUILD THE PRESTIGE of the conference. Rutgers has never finished better than tied for 3rd. Schiano won't want to play tough non-conference games because he wants to pad his resume beating Army, and Navy every year. Its a joke the Big East lost Virginia Tech, Miami, and Boston College in 2004 and your schedules have gotten SOFTER and yet your fanbase doesn't realize your 3-9, 4-8 seasons are 7-5, 8-4 because you don't play anybody OOC and 2 of the top BE teams left the conference.

Syracuse BCS OOC opponents
2011- Wake Forest, USC
2010- Washington, Boston College
2009- Minnesota, Penn State, Northwestern
2008- Northwestern, Penn State, Notre Dame
2oo7- Washington, Iowa, Illinois
2006-Wake Forest, Iowa, Illinois
2005- Virginia, Florida State, Notre Dame
2004-Purdue, Virginia, Florida State
2003- North Carolina, Notre Dame
2002- North Carolina Auburn.
SU has NEVER played less than 2 BCS OOC games EACH year and have scheduled 3 BCS teams 5 times in the last DECADE. The reason your program has gone from dogs#it to mediocre is because you guys UNDER SCHEDULE. SU went into the toilet because our coaching was awful with Coach P and GRob and WE OVER-SCHEDULED. So when we go to the ACC look for us to continue playing good OOC schedules, and Schiano will water down your schedule even more and sell you guys on how much progress you have made, and don't make the you played Navy argument because I withheld the BYU, Central Florida, East Carolina, Louisville, and Cincinnati series we played when they weren't/aren't in BCS conferences.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom