Former Florida pro athlete says SU needs to mine the Panhandle State | Syracusefan.com

Former Florida pro athlete says SU needs to mine the Panhandle State

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
The other day I played golf with a former pitcher who was also a football player in high school. He was signed by the Astro's. He spent about nine years in the minors. He is from a small town just outside of Gainesville with a population of around 2500. He said there were at least four better athletes than he was who never got a shot anywhere at anything. His quote, "I was very, very lucky to have been in the right place at the right time." There are so many great athletes in the state who get overlooked."

My bad on Panhandle, Oklahoma is the Panhandle State, the northwest part of Florida is called the Florida Pan Handle but since there is no edit function for headlines I'm stuck with it.:confused:

Florida: America's Wang
Not quite sure what you meant by "Florida: America's Wang" as it relates to my post that so I looked it up Florida - America's Wang hmmmmm

Found this too:

This group is dedicated to the Wang that is Florida. Many square miles of hot and sticky wasteland jutting out from the rest of the United States. It is just crawling with fake-baked, obese, boob-jobbed old people who have no idea how to vote, handle a hurricane, or attend a decent college. Thanks for being this country's phallic symbol. I hope you break off...

There are even T-shirts & sweats with that expression

Help me here Scooch, guess I'm out of the loop on this one?

Not sure the amount of time it would take for Syracuse to find the undiscovered athlete in really small towns in Florida is going to be well spent. Syrcause used to recruit Florida a lot more, but its now so heavily mined by SEC programs, and the additional of half a dozen FBS programs in the state of Florida makes it a lot harder. And all those programs are interested in that needle in a haystack kid as well. We should put a little effort into Florida...but not think that's the key to turning recruiting around

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom