Former OC Beck not with team in Boca, Lynch to call offense | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Former OC Beck not with team in Boca, Lynch to call offense

I went back and watched Davis recruiting videos and he’s a very good passer. I think he may surprise. First play w him at qb run a deep pass like on Penn St .USF won’t be expecting it keying in running play.
I will have what you are smoking. Good lord

Reactions: CIL
As has been pointed out, USF has the worst pass defense in the FBS, so Davis getting his first real shot against bad competition(from a pass defense standpoint) is as much as can be asked
Agree. He's really being set up for success against this defense and with the practice time to at least look respectable and if not, for the staff to realize they need better depth.

next yr we have a transfer and and and? CDRW might stay who knows? we have a walk on and a FR coming in.. As this yr showed to many teams, even 3 isnt always enough depth at the QB spot.

Do we really not even have other QBs? I mean who is throwing for the scout team all yr when everyone was injured?

Agree. He's really being set up for success against this defense and with the practice time to at least look respectable and if not, for the staff to realize they need better depth.
They know they need better depth.

Villari was our 3rd? Best passer, but they wanted to use that athleticism at TE. If we're throwing, I suspect it will be him. After that? Whoever is less likely for the INT. If we're playing from behind, we may find out.

Davis throws like Lamar from Revenge of the Nerds.

Unless we can use a specially designed football made for his limp wristed throwing style, he isn’t going to be the answer.
Revenge Of The Nerds 80S GIF

We should have had a team of students from here working on it since the Wake game.

Maybe Davis is one of those guys who is just a gamer. His unconventional style doesn’t come across well in practice but when the lights are on, and it’s game time, he can just play?

I’m interested to see how he does. At worst we just switch back into the wildcat and play how everyone assumes we will.

Davis was offered by a ton of good teams. Lets give the kid a chance and see what he can do.
Exactly. So many seem to write him off. I have not seen him play or practice. Maybe people have witnessed his play and know more about his skills and heart than I do. Seems unlikely he would have climbed the ladder to get to Syracuse if he isn't quite talented. Going into the season we knew Shrader was going to get the main snaps in practice and with the ones. Maybe Davis will fail I don't know. I hope he doesn't.

The number one reason why winning this game is important is that it gives us a winning season instead of a losing season. That goes on our record for all time!
the sandlot GIF

Revenge Of The Nerds 80S GIF

We should have had a team of students from here working on it since the Wake game.

I disagree Shrm beacuse I have seen him throw. mLimp wrist bull-sh!!! Also here are his HS stats for you to get mad at:

High School: Gatorade Delaware Player of the Year ... Led the Cavaliers to an 11-1 record and the state championship as a senior … selected for the Under Armour All-America game … Completed 114-of-156 passes for 1,872 yards and 20 touchdowns through nine games … Also rushed for 638 yards and three scores on 46 carries under coach Zach Blum … One of six members of the prestigious Franklin D. Watkins Memorial Award Class of 2022 … Ranked as the top player in the state of Delaware, the 23rd-best quarterback prospect in the country and No. 378 overall by 247Sports Composite … Considered the second-best prospect in the state by Rivals … Rated No. 237 on the ESPN300.

Beck isn’t just going to quit over something like that, he’s a professional

Unless he was released or terminated by SU he’d still be coaching

I disagree Shrm beacuse I have seen him throw. mLimp wrist bull-sh!!! Also here are his HS stats for you to get mad at:

High School: Gatorade Delaware Player of the Year ... Led the Cavaliers to an 11-1 record and the state championship as a senior … selected for the Under Armour All-America game … Completed 114-of-156 passes for 1,872 yards and 20 touchdowns through nine games … Also rushed for 638 yards and three scores on 46 carries under coach Zach Blum … One of six members of the prestigious Franklin D. Watkins Memorial Award Class of 2022 … Ranked as the top player in the state of Delaware, the 23rd-best quarterback prospect in the country and No. 378 overall by 247Sports Composite … Considered the second-best prospect in the state by Rivals … Rated No. 237 on the ESPN300.
Was it a good offer?

Watch his tape he has a baseball throwing motion which a lot of taller rangy kids do. Given how Dino kept everything so secretive I doubt many on here have seen enough of him to accurately judge him.
Either way he gets his shot on Thursday lets hope he plays well