Former WVU Coach Stewart is dead | Syracusefan.com

Former WVU Coach Stewart is dead

Wow. That is terrible. Too young, only a year out of coaching, R.I.P.

Wow. I wonder how many folks over at BlueGoldNews feel terrible about some of their posts.

Seemed like a good guy.

What did Durocher say about nice guys?

Sad.

Wow. I wonder how many folks over at BlueGoldNews feel terrible about some of their posts.

Not enough. They have the most immature fan base in college sports as far as their internet community. There is almost no redeeming quality to the WVU internet fan base.

Every account of Bill Stewart is that he was one of the few legitimately nice guys in college football. I cheered hard for him and his team against Oklahoma and hated the way WVU treated him when they let him go; a good man who deserved better.

I had the pleasure of meeting him three times due to my boss being a WVU guy and hosting major fund raisers at his house in Great Falls, VA. Every single time he took time out to talk to me about coaching and just to small talk. Very down to earth and was just pleasant to everyone around him. He also sounded like he cared about the kids more then winning which is a nice change of pace in this day and age. WVU might have gotten a better X and O guy when they let Stewart go however the got much less of a man. My prayers go out to his family

Sad. According to nearly all accounts, he was a better person than football coach. Which is better than the reverse.

Because of the extremeness of their views, they are unable to reverse field with out sounding to others like complete hypocrites.

No fan base was as outraged at schools who left the Big East for other conference. They branded them as "traders" (sic). But they took the first stage out of Dodge City when they could and now feel completely justified.

Wow, that is horrible. Always seemed like such a great guy.

Bad news...Always was very classy in every interview and exchange I ever heard or saw with SU. Really did seem like a truly nice guy in a profession that seems to be sorely lacking those types of people.

SUOrange44