Fort Drum Adopt a Platoon Program | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Fort Drum Adopt a Platoon Program

Troop, what about recently released DVD's? Did you guys (and gals) like getting movies? Did you keep a shared library of them?

Depending on where they are, that might be a great idea. Alot of times tho, you can get bootleg dvds from haji for cheap as shiit. Or, if they are a place where they have good internet connection alot of guys did the Torrent thing, and shared them around. We should judge that one off their location.

With the shared library thing, if someone has a bunch of movies downloaded on their computer and wanted to throw some on a cheap flash drive (can you fit a movie on a flash drive?) and send them that way. They could pass it around to everyone and send it back for more.

Last edited:
Depending on where they are, that might be a great idea. Alot of times tho, you can get bootleg dvds from haji for cheap as shiit. Or, if they are a place where they have good internet connection alot of guys did the Torrent thing, and shared them around. We should judge that one of their location.

With the shared library thing, if someone has a bunch of movies downloaded on their computer and wanted to throw some on a cheap flash drive (can you fit a movie on a flash drive?) and send them that way. They could pass it around to everyone and send it back for more.

Sounds like that is covered. Just a thought. I guess iTunes and the internet kind of changes the need for the discs. I'll stop throwing out suggestions and just wait for the list. :)

Alright, sorry it took so long. I wanted to cross my list with a few other people. I didnt want to just have a list of things that I like, lol.

heres what we got

body wash, baby whipes, loofah sponges, cheap flip flops, deodorant, lip balm, lotion, shaving gel, razors, sunblock, bug spray, floss, detergent, foot powder, antacids, toothpaste, toothbrush, baggies, hand sanitizer, slim jims, beef jerky, pepperoni, speghettios, channed chili, sliced salami, chowder/stew, chef boyardee, salsa/hotsauce, popcorn packets, gatorade powder, oatmeal, pop tarts, putting, fruit cups, drink singles, pouched/canned tuna, dried fruit, trail mix, coffee, cocoa packets, pringles, cheetos, cheese/peanut butter crackers/tuna or chicken salad kit, cheezits/doritos/combos, carnation breakfast packets, granola/cereal/protein bars.

So, right now we are waiting on the information about our platoon. My contact said it would be sometime in november.

TexanMark, do you still want to get things together for a big shipment for when they first get over? If the Wake game is to close, I'll be in town for the BC game.

I won't be up in Syracuse until next year. I have the money for postage. I can pay you or someone else to box it up. Also, if we get Priority Mail Boxes...get the APO/FPO boxes. They are larger than the normal Priority Mail boxes.

I won't be up in Syracuse until next year. I have the money for postage. I can pay you or someone else to box it up. Also, if we get Priority Mail Boxes...get the APO/FPO boxes. They are larger than the normal Priority Mail boxes.

We would have to find someone willing to hold on to everything until the unit gets boots on ground.

Worst case, we can just ask everyone to mail a box to their assigned soldier when they first get BOG. For some reason tho, I dont think we could get mail our first 30 days on ground. I'll check on that.

Is the WF game tailgate drop off on or off?

Is the WF game tailgate drop off on or off?

If someone who is going to be at the WF game steps up, and will hold everything until we can mail it out, then for sure.

I wont be around until the BC game.

If the big drop off doesnt work out, then we can just have everyone mail a box to their respective soldier once we get word that they are boots on ground.

If someone who is going to be at the WF game steps up, and will hold everything until we can mail it out, then for sure.

I wont be around until the BC game.

If the big drop off doesnt work out, then we can just have everyone mail a box to their respective soldier once we get word that they are boots on ground.

Who is in charge of the Fine tailgate now that Mark has migrated south for the season? I might step up if I know who to coordinate with.

Who is in charge of the Fine tailgate now that Mark has migrated south for the season? I might step up if I know who to coordinate with.

JeremyCuse, tomcat, bees, I think they would be the ones to get ahold of

$135 in collections plus some serious drop-offs of shaving gel and snack bars by some beautiful ladies! Even my bro-in-law kicked in for $25! Climb to glory! And GO ORANGE!

I will be there for the final two tailgates with my donation station. Step up! Be counted!

$135 in collections plus some serious drop-offs of shaving gel and snack bars by some beautiful ladies! Even my bro-in-law kicked in for $25! Climb to glory! And GO ORANGE!

That's awesome man. I'll shoot you a msg later, but I'm down to so it again at the BC game. I can hit up my local VFW and Legion to get a collection going as we'll

That's awesome man. I'll shoot you a msg later, but I'm down to so it again at the BC game. I can hit up my local VFW and Legion to get a collection going as we'll

Let me know what I can do, man . I'll be there for the last two tailgates!

Can you PM me your address so I can send some cash? I live in DC, but would like to contribute.

Cusetroop...try to find out how much time the guys will spend outside the wire. We can adjust some of the stuff we send. I bought some shave cream in a tube for that contingency.

Cusetroop...try to find out how much time the guys will spend outside the wire. We can adjust some of the stuff we send. I bought some shave cream in a tube for that contingency.

Will do. I emailed my POC this morning, and he said he is still waiting on the info from the unit. Once we get that, we will be good to go. We should be able to contact their commander, and get all that info info from him/her.

UPDATE-

FairfaxOrange has offered to donate his tickets to the SU-Binghamton game!! As soon as I get the units contact info, I will contact the unit commander and have him choose a deserving soldier (or two single soldiers) to attend the game!

Thanks Fairfax!!

Hey folks!

Northacuse will be set up at the Fine lot by 10:30 Saturday morning. Look for the 10th Mnt Division flag.

Here's a quick run down of some items that we could use:
body wash, baby whipes, loofah sponges, cheap flip flops, deodorant, lip balm, lotion, shaving gel, razors, sunblock, bug spray, floss, detergent, foot powder, antacids, toothpaste, toothbrush, baggies, hand sanitizer, slim jims, beef jerky, pepperoni, speghettios, channed chili, sliced salami, chowder/stew, chef boyardee, salsa/hotsauce, popcorn packets, gatorade powder, oatmeal, pop tarts, putting, fruit cups, drink singles, pouched/canned tuna, dried fruit, trail mix, coffee, cocoa packets, pringles, cheetos, cheese/peanut butter crackers/tuna or chicken salad kit, cheezits/doritos/combos, carnation breakfast packets, granola/cereal/protein bars.

We will also be set up at the BC game!

I heard back from the contact at Drum, he is still waiting for the units info, to be able to pass on to us. As soon as I hear something, I'll let you guys know, and we can start moving forward. The items being collected at the tailgates will be used to send out one big shipment which should arrive soon after the soldiers do.

After that, everyone who was interested will have their own soldier.

Let me, or northacuse know if you have any questions!

See ya at the BC game!

For our soldier can we request a female who looks kinda like this?
idfgirl.jpg

Edit: hmmm just forgot my Wife doesn't have a sense of humor

Just get me two male Army Soldiers from Ft Drum who like SU and would like to have Cuseregular and myself take them out on the boat in Lake Ontario. Are they scheduled to get back by September?

For our soldier can we request a female who looks kinda like this?
idfgirl.jpg

Edit: hmmm just forgot my Wife doesn't have a sense of humor

Just get me two male Army Soldiers from Ft Drum who like SU and would like to have Cuseregular and myself take them out on the boat in Lake Ontario. Are they scheduled to get back by September?

If they actually deploy on time, then September seems about right.

And hey, I never got offered a boat ride!!

If they actually deploy on time, then September seems about right.

And hey, I never got offered a boat ride!!
Was TexanMark ever offered a roof sled ride? ;) Fair's fair, right?

Like to give a big thanks to the syracusefan member who donated $100 to the cause.

We are going to have some happy soldiers come January.

Big thanks to everyone who donated/dropped off goods yesterday. I'll see you guys Saturday!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom