Four In - Five Out - Question for the Gurus... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Four In - Five Out - Question for the Gurus...

cuseguy said:
Think the same effort will yield better results? I think the new scheme will need to provide a few unexpected victories and that, along with news of Dome renovation, will help jump start recruiting. I do think this staff is energized and may pull a few recruiting surprises early on. Perhaps they already have.

I think your underestimating the system. We will need better players, but that's always true. I think we'll get unexpected victories - but it will be how we play and win that will get recruits attention.

I think the staff could put forth the same effort in recruiting that Shafer and co did and will see exponential growth based on system and perception of that system.

TheCusian said:
I think your underestimating the system. We will need better players, but that's always true. I think we'll get unexpected victories - but it will be how we play and win that will get recruits attention. I think the staff could put forth the same effort in recruiting that Shafer and co did and will see exponential growth based on system and perception of that system.

I'll buy that.

We won't know until we see the final class. If the last kids added are less than some of the de-commits, it will be valid to question the coaches decisions. If on the other hand, the last kids are equal or better than the de-commits, then it will be fair to say that the coaching staff made the right decisions. If the kids are equal, it is a win, as we can assume they are better fits for HCDB's system.

I am hopeful, though I have serious doubts that the coaches can fill this class out with kids that are better than Scott & Riggins. Especially as they are positions of need.

I'd really like to hold on to them as well as Palmer.

Think the same effort will yield better results?

I think the new scheme will need to provide a few unexpected victories and that, along with news of Dome renovation, will help jump start recruiting.

I do think this staff is energized and may pull a few recruiting surprises early on. Perhaps they already have.
I think I misread what you meant. I took it that this staff would need to work harder to get the same results and twice as hard to get better results. I actually think the system will make it easier to recruit for the offense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom