Fran being interviewed on ACC huddle | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Fran being interviewed on ACC huddle

If it is, I'll post it somewhere.
Its replaying every hour for the next 3 hours, and then again at 7 AM tomorrow for 5 hours. Couldn't find it online, but the condensed game is already up.

I think if you watched it fully, he was trying to keep Simmons focused and with a positive mindset. He slapped him on the shoulder then low fived him as the camera cut away. I saw it more of a pep talk than a dressing down.
I saw that. I’m not saying he isn’t also trying to pep him up some, but he got after him, then gave him some love. McCord said something similar in the MacLean interview, that Fran will chew you out and then end the shout telling you he loves you. I don’t hate it, just mentioning it as an observation.

I can’t stress enough how hard it is to win and to win consistently. half the battle is getting kids to learn how to win and to know how to win. You can’t just show up and you can’t take a play off, you have to bring it every second of every rep. kids I’ve been around who win play this way and kids I’ve been around who don’t win take plays off. It’s a mindset. I kid you not but we evaluate how hard kids run off the field when they’re subbing. I can understand Frans ire for that play.

Me too. The older I get, the more it bothers me. It's wild, dudes celebrating basic 1st downs in the 2nd quarter when their team is down. Generally speaking.

Didn't like the dude waving to the NCSU fans after we secured the win. I mean, why? What purpose does it serve?

I do like a little post TD celebration.
In fairness, NC State fans are the worst. I have no doubt they were saying vile stuff to our guys.

But I agree that we shouldn’t engage with them until the game is over.

Loved him on the sidelines tonight. Compared to what we have seen before.
Most guys dont like gettin yelled at and honestly Dino probably never yelled truly. This guy will yell at kids, coaches, and anyone else who . I remember Mac Mother fin everyone

Me too. The older I get, the more it bothers me. It's wild, dudes celebrating basic 1st downs in the 2nd quarter when their team is down. Generally speaking.

Didn't like the dude waving to the NCSU fans after we secured the win. I mean, why? What purpose does it serve?

I do like a little post TD celebration.
I think Brown hopefully will fix that. Actlike ya been there before. As Bobby Knight said if ya act up u will learn Ass meets bench which helps ass realize to not do dumb

I can’t stress enough how hard it is to win and to win consistently. half the battle is getting kids to learn how to win and to know how to win. You can’t just show up and you can’t take a play off, you have to bring it every second of every rep. kids I’ve been around who win play this way and kids I’ve been around who don’t win take plays off. It’s a mindset. I kid you not but we evaluate how hard kids run off the field when they’re subbing. I can understand Frans ire for that play.
Great thought. I never thought of that

Mark him down as one not buying in. Have a feeling he'll be buying in soon.
He is playing though. The dressing down was for a mistake on the field, not for not buying in.

Fran Brown is everything. I am amazed and so appreciative and laugh at the Dan Mullen drama. This guy is more authentic than I could only hope I could be. Keep it up HCFB. I am so all in and sold. Let’s keep this going. Amazing feeling right now in what will be let alone what is.

In the lead in to McCord’s interview on ACC Huddle, they showed a clip of HCFB addressing the team in the locker room. He acknowledge some coaching mistakes that they need to improve on to help the team win. Nothing specific, but it was good to hear him take responsibility so directly.
He applies the Culture he's asking the kids to embrace, on himself. When your leader acknowledges his mistakes, his Alpha's are going to be quicker to acknowledge their own. Accountability is far more affective than blame.

I’d like this post 1000 times if I could. 100% agree. Too many great athletes don’t get “It”. The ones that are difficult to coach lack focus, discipline and football IQ. And at younger levels, you have to leave them in the game because of their obvious superior skill sets, but as they get older, they are more easily replaced with guys that won’t hurt you.

looking at your posts, it’s obvious you coached.

you almost never see a lot of the bonehead plays with players from like army or navy because they are getting a certain kind of kid who is selfless, disciplined, accountable, and “gets it”.

as Fran said. Culture is everything. (and gave shady no credit as a mentor!)

He is playing though. The dressing down was for a mistake on the field, not for not buying in.
Fran said that there were mistakes from guys not buying in. That was a mistake, I just assumed that the two were connected since I didn't see anyone else getting slapped repeatedly after a mistake, which there were a lot of.

Most guys dont like gettin yelled at and honestly Dino probably never yelled truly. This guy will yell at kids, coaches, and anyone else who . I remember Mac Mother fin everyone
Dino went YEARS without even speaking to the OLine. He went down ONCE before the Cav firing,(never again) and every single guy was What is going on?

Fran sits down with a couple dozen guys a week. This is the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom