Fran Brown Coaching Staff | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown Coaching Staff

Lots of negatives in that post. We just announced Fran, he has a DC sitting in the Dome, an OC rumored (NFL guy) - how much faster can he go?

You think Fran and his crew won’t develop players? Why?

The staff isn't complete yet. The guy from the Giants is a RB coach, but I do recall he has prior OC experience under Matt Ruhle, I think it was.

So, yes, the staff looks like it's coming together nicely. I saw the DE Coach, who looks like a great get, I didn't realize Robinson had actually signed, too.

I would like to see Addazio as the offensive line coach. That would add some grit to the flash, if you will. I think we need some of that.

If we come out next year and have a really solid season, bowl game, ranked - this thing is going to explode.

Yes, I think so, too. I don't see Fran as anything like Deion, but I just don't want to see this explode on us. It's too fragile a time.

Yeah, Ithaca Matt...you nailed it.
I was one singing the praise of this year's('23) coaching staff.
But as the season wore on, some things became obvious.
Shrader's injury(s) showed CDRW hadn't been "coached up".
Injuries showed the 1) lack of talent(depth) and 2) too few players were
developing physically to come off the bench and play at a P5 level.

Late in the year, Villari made the remark that the culture needed to change.
I think over the next 18 months, we're going to hear the sound of some "mass construction"
preceded by some serious demolition up on "the hill".

Brown and Co. has arrived.

Well, it's his first head coaching job, so anything could happen.
The ACC is the easiest path to the College Playoffs. Clemson were a pretty solid 8-4 / 9-3 type of team under Tommy Bowden for most of his 10 years at Clemson before Dabo Swinney took over, and took them to another (championship) level.

Dabo has peaked, and Mike Norvell is only in his 4th year, I believe, at Florida State, and now they look back to powerhouse status again. It feels like it's their run coming next. But Fran could assemble the talent and coaches here to make a run at an ACC championship. I expect his vision to be nothing less than that, and I believe that will be the belief.

But the evidence on the field has to be competitive from the outset, not a 4-8 kind of year. We have to make a bowl, or people will ask if these recruiters actually know how to coach. I'm optimistic, but like with Autry, we'll get a good 1st recruiting class, but the quality of the 2nd class will depend on what recruits see on the field / cou
Two things in any organization. If the leader is solid, it will come down to managers and talent.
Brown certainly seems solid based on the due diligence JW spoke about. It looks like he is going to hire some very good managers and if history repeats itself, he is going land some solid talent.

Dino was a solid leader, but he failed in the manager and talent areas. I have seen companies do ok if they have two of the three components which did happen a few times under Dino but if you want to be consistently good you need to be solid in all three areas.

Two things in any organization. If the leader is solid, it will come down to managers and talent.
Brown certainly seems solid based on the due diligence JW spoke about. It looks like he is going to hire some very good managers and if history repeats itself, he is going land some solid talent.

Dino was a solid leader, but he failed in the manager and talent areas. I have seen companies do ok if they have two of the three components which did happen a few times under Dino but if you want to be consistently good you need to be solid in all three areas.
I LOVE that Fran sought out the job. We didn’t find Fran, he found us. To get a job like this when you weren’t really on the radar to start is extremely difficult. That’s a significant difference that says a ton about Fran.

Well, it's his first head coaching job, so anything could happen.
The ACC is the easiest path to the College Playoffs. Clemson were a pretty solid 8-4 / 9-3 type of team under Tommy Bowden for most of his 10 years at Clemson before Dabo Swinney took over, and took them to another (championship) level.

Dabo has peaked, and Mike Norvell is only in his 4th year, I believe, at Florida State, and now they look back to powerhouse status again. It feels like it's their run coming next. But Fran could assemble the talent and coaches here to make a run at an ACC championship. I expect his vision to be nothing less than that, and I believe that will be the belief.

But the evidence on the field has to be competitive from the outset, not a 4-8 kind of year. We have to make a bowl, or people will ask if these recruiters actually know how to coach. I'm optimistic, but like with Autry, we'll get a good 1st recruiting class, but the quality of the 2nd class will depend on what recruits see on the field / court.
Yepp...

Loving the hype, possible uptick in recruiting, etc.

It is completely reasonable to have some hiccups, next year. New schemes, New Qb, New recruits not quite ready, etc... All the pieces not in place. We all know that.

The casual fan(and some here)? Want a magic pill, to go back to the 90s. My hope is that we have a respectable year. If so, I think HCFB can continue to ride the good will, and get decent recruits. A reasonable restructuring year? 17 year olds, and casual fans may think, "same ole, same ole." He'll be fighting against preconceived notions. Fingers crossed for a solid year.

Rhule went 1-11, before going 11-3, two years later, at Baylor. Hoping Fran has an easier path.

Rutgers
This Is Fine On Fire GIF by StickerGiant

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom