Fran Brown Coaching Staff | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown Coaching Staff

Questions. Which coaches have been officially announced by the university? I know there are a lot of reports of new staff but just wanted to know which ones were confirmed by the university.

Questions. Which coaches have been officially announced by the university? I know there are a lot of reports of new staff but just wanted to know which ones were confirmed by the university.

Curious if a coach is already on the staff, they don't need to be announced again...correct?

True, but I have seen any announcements from the school other than brown. We know Robinson, Reed and Williams are recruiting so seem unofficially confirmed. Just wondering about the others.

Understood and agree.

True, but I have seen any announcements from the school other than brown. We know Robinson, Reed and Williams are recruiting so seem unofficially confirmed. Just wondering about the others.
Good question. I’m wondering too.

Good question. I’m wondering too.
I wonder if they are going to expand the "analyst" staff with more proven coaches vs limiting themselves with the 10 coach limit that includes off-campus recruiting.

Coach Fran will be coaching the corners (why wouldn't he?) and bringing in a GA or Quality Control guy to assist him.

So, it appears we need someone to coach the safeties.

Where does Coach Devin Redd fit in? He is listed as "Assistant WR". Coach Redd has been on the road making several offers this week to 2025 players in the DMV area. Is he allowed to be out recruiting during this transition, but when the new staff is full will he be more of an analyst?

In 2023 Syracuse had 4 graduate assistants, 4 Quality Control position and two Analyst positions.

In 2023 Georgia had 6 graduate assistants, 13 quality control people, 3 analysts and 3 student assistants.

Not only is Syracuse football grossly understaffed in comparison to an elite program like Georgia, but some of our hires seem to have been low budget hires. ADJW must have saved a few bucks when he hired a position coach to be the HC. I can't see HCFB making $4 mil as his predecessor did. I'm sure we had to pay a pretty penny for E Rob and Nixon, but I'm also sure Anae (in 2022) as well as Long and White also didn't come cheap. I wonder how the money for Brown's assistants compares to Dino's assistants.

Either way, the salary pool for assistant needs a bump and the number of support personnel needs a bump. Please save your breath if you're going to tell me "this is the most money SU has ever spent on coaches and the best facilities we have ever had". I'm sure that is correct, but SU also has a 97-146 record over the last twenty years. If you want a different outcome, we are going to need to do things differently.

We are doing things differently.

Any chance Brown just absorbs the DB duties ? Seems like a very hard ask for a HC, especially who plans to recruit as much as he does, but I suppose its not impossible?

So to put aside analysts etc. I got this:

OC/RB: Nixon
QB: Campanile
WR: Douglas
TE: Johnson
OL: Purdue guy?
DC/DT: Robinson
DE: Williams
LB: Wright
DB: ?
ST: Ligashesky?

Then there's Redd who presumably is recruiting for now but likely an analyst/QC.
Purdue guy? I guess because some rogue guy from Purdue spewed over here and so the board has decided this is the worst hire in the history of any sport at any school that Dale Williams didn't deserve to have his name inserted. I'm sure he feels very welcome.

Purdue guy? I guess because some rogue guy from Purdue spewed over here and so the board has decided this is the worst hire in the history of any sport at any school that Dale Williams didn't deserve to have his name inserted. I'm sure he feels very welcome.
I was being lazy, meant no disrespect. It's not even official yet either so could always be someone else.

Coach Fran will be coaching the corners (why wouldn't he?) and bringing in a GA or Quality Control guy to assist him.

Where does Coach Devin Redd fit in? He is listed as "Assistant WR". Coach Redd has been on the road making several offers this week to 2025 players in the DMV area. Is he allowed to be out recruiting during this transition, but when the new staff is full will he be more of an analyst?

In 2023 Syracuse had 4 graduate assistants, 4 Quality Control position and two Analyst positions.

In 2023 Georgia had 6 graduate assistants, 13 quality control people, 3 analysts and 3 student assistants.

Not only is Syracuse football grossly understaffed in comparison to an elite program like Georgia, but some of our hires seem to have been low budget hires. ADJW must have saved a few bucks when he hired a position coach to be the HC. I can't see HCFB making $4 mil as his predecessor did. I'm sure we had to pay a pretty penny for E Rob and Nixon, but I'm also sure Anae (in 2022) as well as Long and White also didn't come cheap. I wonder how the money for Brown's assistants compares to Dino's assistants.

Either way, the salary pool for assistant needs a bump and the number of support personnel needs a bump. Please save your breath if you're going to tell me "this is the most money SU has ever spent on coaches and the best facilities we have ever had". I'm sure that is correct, but SU also has a 97-146 record over the last twenty years. If you want a different outcome, we are going to need to do things differently.

Time to make a large donation?

Comparing a large state school budget to that of a smaller private school is a bit of a stretch here

It wasn't you. I'm just amused about the ripping this guy took from a bunch of people that know nothing, or at least very little , about him.
Don't disagree. I bet the new staff will get this guy good talent to mold and then we can make our own decisions after watching the OL next season.

You are allowed 10 coaches on the road recruiting I believe. Yet to be seen what his role will be when the staff is completed, but I agree that he may take a non-recruiting analyst type role.

Yes, Syracuse may be understaffed compared to Georgia, and Syracuse is also underfunded compared to Georgia. Now compare current level of support and quality of assistant coaches to where Syracuse stood in 2016 when John Wildhack became AD. You could count the number of non-coaching staff positions dedicated to football on both hands and have fingers left over. There are 34 listed in the directory today and we will be adding more as Coach Fran rounds out his staff. Progress has been quite impressive to those of us who have been around for a whlie. And with on field success and community support there is no question it will continue. Don't think it will ever compare to Georgia or the big state supported factory schools. But it will be sufficient to compete and a conference and occasionally national level.

You are allowed 10 coaches on the road recruiting I believe. Yet to be seen what his role will be when the staff is completed, but I agree that he may take a non-recruiting analyst type role.

Yes, Syracuse may be understaffed compared to Georgia, and Syracuse is also underfunded compared to Georgia. Now compare current level of support and quality of assistant coaches to where Syracuse stood in 2016 when John Wildhack became AD. You could count the number of non-coaching staff positions dedicated to football on both hands and have fingers left over. There are 34 listed in the directory today and we will be adding more as Coach Fran rounds out his staff. Progress has been quite impressive to those of us who have been around for a whlie. And with on field success and community support there is no question it will continue. Don't think it will ever compare to Georgia or the big state supported factory schools. But it will be sufficient to compete and a conference and occasionally national level.
Yeah Liggy almost has to be moved to a specials analyst or quality control role. No way Fran is coaching the entire group of DB's but maybe just CB's i guess. So we need to add a safeties coach yet or possibly DB's coach yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom