Fran Brown Coaching Staff | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown Coaching Staff

I got laughed at when I suggested that we might emerge as the Notheast destination for recruiting, cutting into PSU’s dominance. 48hrs later it seems even more plausible now.

Geez, I sure hope there are enough good coaches among these guys, and not just salesmen. Development is still going to be very important for us.

We have to make these guys better. It has to be more visible, and more linear progress from year to year.

I missed one. There are, I believe, 10 assistants and the HC.

So there is room for a QB coach too and we will probably have one. Made the change to my original post.

Would like to see a defensive coach added with some DC experience to help Elijah.

I expect at least one coach added with a lot of ties to Florida recruiting. That is why I have Travis Fisher and Gross-Armiento on the staff. Gross-Armiento is on the TA&M staff and has coached with Elijah. We might well add another defensive coach from A&M as Elko is probably installing his defense and bringing most of the defensive staff he had at Duke with him.

In a perfect world, there would also be a coach on staff with ties to the DMV area. Another with deep ties to Pennsylvania. Another coach with ties to NC/SC/GA would be great but these guys can probably handle it.

Guessing we hire no one with strong ties to recruiting the Midwest. We got a few good players from there but I think Dino spent a lot of time trying there and didn’t get the results needed to justify the time and resources spent there.

Addazio and Brown only coached together briefly. He gave Fran his first big coaching job but I am not sure they are tight. But he needs a good OL coach and it would be a big help to him to have a guy who has been a HC in the ACC in the recent past.

Hoping we look to recruit Canada more than Dino did as well. With this staf, I think we have a chance with the stud players out of there.

Very encouraging stuff! Thank you!

Anything on Nunzio's fate?
Make him a deal he can't refuse.
marlon brando GIF

Not to be Debbie downer. If we do become a force over the next 1-3 years. Our coaches will be poached and the next staff will likely not have the presence we’re going to see right now. These are the elite of the elite recruiters, in their recruiting area, and NE born. This may be our unicorn moment at SU. Relish every moment of it because i think on the recruiting/portal front, it’s going to be very exciting.
It’s ok. We'll just keep hiring coaches that win NJ recruit battles to replace them.

I would just like Brown to get his staff in place soon. We are in the recruiting conatact period 12/1-12/16 and I am seeing too many tweets of coaches of other schools out on the road and making in-home visits.
I think he knows who he wants. SU will have to background check all if them and that can takes time. Look how long it took last year to get coaches approved. Maybe they will all show up next Monday.

I would just like Brown to get his staff in place soon. We are in the recruiting conatact period 12/1-12/16 and I am seeing too many tweets of coaches of other schools out on the road and making in-home visits.
Well I think 2 championship rings would be a pretty good bargaining tool. He is sticking with Georgia throughout there playoff run. Hes prolly going to do a lot of zoom calls and have others on the staff running around.

I think he knows who he wants. SU will have to background check all if them and that can takes time. Look how long it took last year to get coaches approved. Maybe they will all show up next Monday.
i feel like he already has his guys picked, came to Syracuse and said these are my guys these are there demands, this is my vision. I would think this was a major reason wildhack chose him. He already stated he has a clear vision and plan.

Last edited:
It's like we have FB coming to exercise our NJ recruiting demons

LOL wut?! He's gonna put those demons thru workouts?

The last thing we need is recruiting demons gettin SWOLE.

You meant "exorcise".

THE POWER OF CUSE COMPELS YOU!!!!

power compels GIF

(the demon dog could be any of: Dohn-grade, Toad, or Shady)

Last edited:
I like a lot of the names mentioned in this thread. No matter what.. we just need some staffers in place, so we can get out on the recruiting trails.

No chance on Stout. He is beloved in Philly.. and loves it there. And as mentioned.. gets paid well.

What about a Duce Staley? Excellent coach/motivator who players love and respect. I bet he'd be excellent on the recruiting scene, but Duce may not want to move to the college level as he has been someone interviewed for NFL HS vacancies in recent years. He didn't dn’t get a fair shake in Carolina imo.

Two position coaches who are vital are OL & DL, I haven’t heard or may have missed mention of who these coaches are likely to be. Anyone with any insights on these coaches?

Well I think 2 championship rings would be a pretty good bargaining tool. He is sticking with Georgia throughout there playoff run. Hes prolly going to do a lot of zoom calls and have others on the staff running around.
That's why I said I hope he gets a staff in place soon. Zoom calls aren't the same as standing in a prospects living room with the player and his mom or dad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom