Fran Brown Coaching Staff | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown Coaching Staff

Told everyone earlier this week…Nunzio is staying.

Also told everyone to expect Nixon and Preston Brown.

Elijah Robinson still the dream DC. Hoping we have enough cash and/or the dream of coaching with FB is enough!
Sounds like the dream came true.

If Preston Brown is hired, I would guess he would end up the WR coach. He was a very good one at Tulane. That probably mean no Taquan.

That would be another coach who has never done the position he is being hired for.

I will be excited to hear talk of hiring a coach with Florida or DMV ties soon. I don’t think we can field a team exclusively from NJ.

Can we? ;(

We will be fine in Florida. Im sure Brown has solid connections there and he knows the importance of that State for Syracuse.

Came across this Ped State podcast. “Syracuse will fail” is their take. Interesting that they are at least worried a little. Gosh I hate Penn State.

Pedo State Podcast (Click Here)
It’s a tough listen. They talk about Pedo State like it’s a perennial national champion when it’s not even a Big Ten contender. If all for nothing, it’s gotten their attention. Lol

Came across this Ped State podcast. “Syracuse will fail” is their take. Interesting that they are at least worried a little. Gosh I hate Penn State.

The fact that they feel the need to say we’ll fail speaks volumes about this hire. Don’t recall any school making comments like that about Dino when we brought him on board. This hire (and the hires that fill out the staff) are really going to shake things up in the east and Ped state knows it.

Well I think 2 championship rings would be a pretty good bargaining tool. He is sticking with Georgia throughout there playoff run. Hes prolly going to do a lot of zoom calls and have others on the staff running around.
Why wouldn't ADJW have negotiated the opposite? You can stay on at GA for the champ game, then get your ass to syracuse in this critical time. If any support is required for UGA, it is they doing so over Zoom. He's the head guy.

Not to be Debbie downer. If we do become a force over the next 1-3 years. Our coaches will be poached and the next staff will likely not have the presence we’re going to see right now. These are the elite of the elite recruiters, in their recruiting area, and NE born. This may be our unicorn moment at SU. Relish every moment of it because i think on the recruiting/portal front, it’s going to be very exciting.
These guys are jersey boys, and know Syracuse history, as well as Penn States.
They probably like the idea of kicking Penn States butts.
They can build a legacy together here for all the inner city kids up and down the East Coast.
As long as the pay is competitive, Fran, and Drob could stay a long time.

These guys are jersey boys, and know Syracuse history, as well as Penn States.
They probably like the idea of kicking Penn States butts.
They can build a legacy together here for all the inner city kids up and down the East Coast.
As long as the pay is competitive, Fran, and Drob could stay a long time.

Yeah I don’t agree. It’s highly unlikely Fran stays for a long time. Coaches in general don’t stay for a long time nationally. I’m not crapping on SU at all but bigger payroll schools will come calling and he’ll be gone. We always try to convince ourselves on this board whether it’s recruits or coaches, that they’ll want to come here instead of almost doubling their pay. Coaches are constantly on the move. I’ll be more than happy to eat crow if he’s still here in 5 years I’m just being realistic. It would be a unicorn sighting if he was still here by then.

IMG_0522.jpeg

It’s a tough listen. They talk about Pedo State like it’s a perennial national champion when it’s not even a Big Ten contender. If all for nothing, it’s gotten their attention. Lol
Congrats to Pedo State for being a perennial champ against Rutgers, Indiana and Maryland every year

I listened to their segment. Their "Syracuse will fail" conclusion is mostly cause of what's already been said about SU, it's a tough job with not a ton of good local talent + SU facilities aren't SEC/Big Ten caliber. But hey both agree that Fran will recruit NJ strong and even steal a couple of recruits from Penn St. However, they want to see what the SU staff looks like before determining how concerned they/Penn St fans should be.

Not to be Debbie downer. If we do become a force over the next 1-3 years. Our coaches will be poached and the next staff will likely not have the presence we’re going to see right now. These are the elite of the elite recruiters, in their recruiting area, and NE born. This may be our unicorn moment at SU. Relish every moment of it because i think on the recruiting/portal front, it’s going to be very exciting.

It's crazy that for 7 years Dino had very little effort recruiting NJ and the east.
Hawaii, texas.. ridiculous
it drove me nuts

We will be fine in Florida. Im sure Brown has solid connections there and he knows the importance of that State for Syracuse.

Hope he rounds out the staff with someone with strong Ohio ties... We're too close regionally not to have a footprint there and the talent pool is perennially deep.

That's why I said I hope he gets a staff in place soon. Zoom calls aren't the same as standing in a prospects living room with the player and his mom or dad.
100% with you as far as getting staff in place and out on road recruiting. I’m assuming we have an order of having press conference to officially welcome coach and build up more hype then start releasing some official names for coaches that we can. If it’s Nixon as OC might take a little longer because of his season but guy like Addazio should come out immediately if he is the guy because he’s already been let go by A&M.

Yes it’ll be much better to have Fran out on road vs zoom calls but even if he ends up sticking w Georgia until playoff he’ll be on road recruiting for us or up in cuse most of time imo. Most teams have a skeleton crew of coaches running practices during bowl season anyways so that coaches can be out on road and take care of recruiting. I’d think the only time he’d be all in at UGA practices would be week after Christmas before bowl then following week if win.

Sounds like the dream came true.

If Preston Brown is hired, I would guess he would end up the WR coach. He was a very good one at Tulane. That probably mean no Taquan.

That would be another coach who has never done the position he is being hired for.

I will be excited to hear talk of hiring a coach with Florida or DMV ties soon. I don’t think we can field a team exclusively from NJ.

Can we? ;(

I’d leave PBrown at running backs. Nixon can just be OC. Not a fan of having a guy coach a position he’s never coached with all these new hires and first timers.

Steelers O assistant Glenn Thomas has been mentioned a few times he makes the most sense logistically as he also coaches QBs.

I get this feeling to that Mike Johnson might be retained as wide receivers coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom