Fran Brown Coaching Staff | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown Coaching Staff

Okay. Thinking if we get to the point where we are in the top half of the ACC and have gone to 3 or 4 bowl games in a row, recruiting starts getting easier. Don’t need a top 10 recruiter to get good players then.

Sustaining is far easier than the initial turnaround.

Yeah, I agree with all that. Again, I’m just pointing out right now we may be in an almost historic (not to be dramatic) point in SU history as far as recruiting. If we get 2-3 of the guys we think are possible, we’ll have never had a recruiting staff like this. It’s a huge deal and there’s nothing wrong with the fact we may never replicate this level of recruiting staff again.

Last edited:
From a Penn State viewpoint, Syracuse has failed for decades. We beat them about a quarter of the time.
From a Syracuse standpoint, their assistant coach buggered young boys in the team showers, and the program’s patriarch looked the other way.

Ok, I back from the basketball board... What did I miss?

Need some positivity.

If Robinson does come here can we not call him ERob? It gives me flashbacks to the mid 2000s.
Elijah the Prophet

I’m a bit slow
But you were correct, there are names thrown about with no basis as wishful thinking as opposed to names mentioned where there are serious discussions going on, not guaranteed, but a strong possibility.

So the plan seems to be hire every young higo potential African American coach with recruiting chops you can and go get studs instead of dudes.

Paradigm shift. No half measures.

Make the Dome a place to be again.
Don’t think race has anything to do with it. It’s about who he’s friends with & who he knows are elite recruiters & can coach

There are some A&M fans saying that Erob is staying but obviously very fluid and who knows what is decided yet. He’s supposedly out recruiting for A&M currently but we’ve been down this route before with a couple of our old staff guys previously where they were recruiting for us 1 day and on another staff the next day. I’ve been a little worried since the Erob chatter came so fast and intense that A&M fans/school would freak out and throw a bunch more money at him. Ideally we could have pulled it off quick and behind the scenes before too much leaked out.

Hopefully we can get this done and their friendship and Erob’s desire to run his own defense wins out.

Don’t think race has anything to do with it. It’s about who he’s friends with & who he knows are elite recruiters & can coach
I didn’t say it’s a bad thing but and he’s definitely leveraging his network doing a version of Shafer getting the band back together, but there seems to be an aspect on how he wants create a brand to market to prospects. It’s to create a competitive advantage in recruiting. It’s fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom