Fran Brown Coaching Staff | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown Coaching Staff

I totally agree about Dino. I was not one of his fans. I was pointing out your comments about HCFB and other coaches not being around after a few years as they will move on to other gigs. I just don't understand why anyone would even being that up now.

Re Nixon. Tell me I shouldn't be worried we are yet again going to abandon the passing game if the OC is a RB coach?
Well we don't have a QB and according to many we don't have any WR

But we have a proven RB and showed we can pound it

So fluuck it, next year we are ground and pound all the way

2nd and 24?

Run and run again

I totally agree about Dino. I was not one of his fans. I was pointing out your comments about HCFB and other coaches not being around after a few years as they will move on to other gigs. I just don't understand why anyone would even being that up now.

I brought that up in response to someone saying he’d be here a long time. I wasn’t being a jerk saying he likely won’t be. TONS of posters have said this for a week but you choose to attack my post? I was merely pointing out the reality is he won’t be here as long as we’ll hopefully want him to be but hopefully he’s laid the groundwork for us to be relevant again. Nothing I said was wrong or said to be a jerk. If we don’t see eye to eye on that so be it.

I brought that up in response to someone saying he’d be here a long time. I wasn’t being a jerk saying he likely won’t be. TONS of posters have said this for a week but you choose to attack my post? I was merely pointing out the reality is he won’t be here as long as we’ll hopefully want him to be but hopefully he’s laid the groundwork for us to be relevant again. Nothing I said was wrong or said to be a jerk. If we don’t see eye to eye on that so be it.
I'm good with that. I don't think you or any other posters on here are jerks. I'm more of a focus on the now kind of person. For me that is the hiring of staff and the recruiting outlook.

Re Nixon. Tell me I shouldn't be worried we are yet again going to abandon the passing game if the OC is a RB coach?

Yeah I’m not excited about the Nixon talk. If it’s one of these NFL guys I think I’d rather have Glen Thomas from the Steelers. (Neither are that exciting)…..Thomas at least has 5 years as OC and 8 years as a QB coach.

They threw the ball plenty when he was co-OC at Baylor, averaged 290 yds passing per game in 2018. Of course that was in the Big 12 where everyone is pass happy. Just need to him to run the offense that best fits our personnel.

Would it be a concern that both coordinators would be moving up from position coaching jobs, or am I overthinking this?
It is for me since the head coach is another position coach. If it’s Nixon as OC, he hasn’t been in college game in four seasons, and our head coach comes from defensive side. This team is in dire need of quarterback in portal. Carlos Del Rio-Wilson is not the one. Any offense we position will be based on theory. This can work for a high school junior, but it’s less attractive for a portal quarterback who will be looking for the best fit with a more practical track record than what a RB coach from NFL is looking to sell. That unknown might not be enough to even keep Gadsden around.

It is for me since the head coach is another position coach. If it’s Nixon as OC, he hasn’t been in college game in four seasons, and our head coach comes from defensive side. This team is in dire need of quarterback in portal. Carlos Del Rio-Wilson is not the one. Any offense we position will be based on theory. This can work for a high school junior, but it’s less attractive for a portal quarterback who will be looking for the best fit with a more practical track record than what a RB coach from NFL is looking to sell. That unknown might not be enough to even keep Gadsden around.
I’m not sure I would completely write off Del Rio. May not work out at all but I would have never thought Devito would every be in the nfl let alone win games. Anything is possible.

look, i need to stake out a number of complaints so if things dont go well i can point back at them and how smart i am
And when things go well, we can always come back and see how dumb you were.

I’m not sure I would completely write off Del Rio. May not work out at all but I would have never thought Devito would ever be in the nfl let alone win games. Anything is possible
CDRW may win games but it will probably be at another program. G5 or FCS.

First of all, sorry for asking if you get triggered but kind of p-sses me off calling me that. No, I’m actually not at all. Sorry you feel that way. I haven’t wanted DB here for awhile, ultimately I don’t think I was wrong.

But I’ve been nothing but positive about developments since then. I’ve been happy about every possible choice from Chesney, Mullen to now Fran. I’m excited about the future and I’m excited about the possible groundwork Fran can lay down for the future. I’ve never once criticized JW even, I think he’s done an amazing job with the situation as it is.

I don’t think it’s fair to call me a half glass fan for criticizing a previous coach and his recruiting for the last few years, who ultimately failed and now I’m 100% on board for the new coach. I’m more excited for SU FB than I’ve been in a really really long time. I’m even possibly going to order my daughter that stupid plastic flavor flav style SU chain I posted last night that’s a ridiculous $34. That’s how excited I am.

So like I said, I genuinely have no clue what the issue is. I’ve been incredibly positive since we fired DB every single step of the way.
* Full disclosure LOL, I didn’t like the idea when Fran’s name was thrown out originally. I was on board with Chesney, didn’t know enough about Fran except what I read too quickly online, and then the whole DM thing killed my buzz for about half a day. I joked around with some posts for half a day about Fran but ultimately got excited about all the possibilities and have been behind all of it 100% since before he was even officially hired.

Don't disagree at all. I was Candle , not Chesney, but same trajectory on Brown since the hire.

That said, don't get the chain for your progeny... Put the the $34 to one of NIL collectives and get her something nice.:)

Lol so because a guy is an RB coach you think they don't want to throw the ball ever? Quite the take.
The takes from some people on here you’d expect to see on the Rutgers & LSU board lol #dobetter

I’m not sure I would completely write off Del Rio. May not work out at all but I would have never thought Devito would every be in the nfl let alone win games. Anything is possible.
Once he got away from Dino he really prospered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom