Fran Brown Coaching Staff | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown Coaching Staff

Welcome to the Player Development Staff​

IMG_4122.jpeg

Interesting move here that appears to be a nice bounce back from losing Ahmad. Omar appeared to have an excellent reputation for developing connections with recruits and their families while at Nebraska. Nebraska fans weren’t happy when it came out that he was no longer going to be there. Finished school at Temple and worked at Rutgers as recruiting assistant. He has been with Rhule at Baylor, Panthers, and Nebraska.

Not a lot of information about his departure from Nebraska. Most stuff says they let him go but seems weird seeing that he was only 2nd year in as personnel guy there who appeared to be doing well and had been with Rhule for 3 stops so he must known him well. My guess is maybe for some reason Rhule was told that he couldn’t bring him back via administration but would seem to be fairly insignificant if Fran was to take him surely after discussing with his mentor Rhule.

Or maybe Omar is just the coach to be named later in the Tony White trade?!?

Omar grew up in Philadelphia. Attended Germantown HS. Went to Lackawanna JUCO and then Temple, where he and Rhule connected. Another guy with strong roots in the Northeast.

There’s no way this guy is working for free.

I like this hire better than the guy we just lost. He was a player, has on field experience and on field coaching experience, brings way more to the table in my opinion.
I have my suspicions as to why Ahmad moved on so quickly and it doesn’t surprise me this role was backfilled by a trusted Fran associate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom