Fran Brown Interview With Matt Park | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown Interview With Matt Park

His respect for George D who is probably the most intelligent coach to ever wear Orange.
Not wanting to be OC or DC because he wanted to " Touch " the entire team.
Work ethic.
Competitiveness.
Straight forward.
No excuses.
This guy has more than coaching in his future.
Extremely impressive.

We didn’t hire him to be head cheerleader. Have you ever seen a Bill Belichick interview??
I didn’t say it was necessarily a bad thing, just weird to see the word passion being used to describe what I watched. Donations are a good thing and so is optimism for next season and a manageable schedule but everyone on here who was all-in on Mullen a week ago is now acting like this guy is the second coming of Christ

He actually said trying OITNF is the wrong thing to do; and he won't being doing it. DEFEND the run, and RUN the ball.

George DeLeone was a HUGE influence - maybe his most important mentor. Who'd a thunk...

He knows more about SU FB than Daryl Gross, Mark Coyne, and Dino Babers combined. (none of whom attended the Wisconsin game in the Kick Off Classic).

Living in Cali I don't really buy tickets to support the team so I have been donating a small monthly amount for a while now. I made some comments to a couple of people I share DMs with that I was going to stop that after the entire Mullen in drama. I felt like the same ole same ole and I told them that Syracuse would have to earn my monthly donation again. Watching this interview he is someone I can get behind and I will not be stopping my donations going forward. All-in on Coach Brown.
After watching the video, I joined you.

Fran’s DNA traits is D.A.R.T.

Detail
Accountable
Relentless
Tough

“Everybody wanna win? I mean yea. Well winning costs, winning is hard, winning hurts, winning will make you upset. If you really just rely on those DNA traits of detail, accountable, relentless, and tough, everything else will itself out”.
That really resonated.

Is there a link where I can donate so it directly affects the football program?
yes. It has been linked a whole bunch of times in these threads. The site lets you do just that.

Awesome interview. He's coming in ready to work hard, and you can already tell he will be great with recruits and player rapport.

One part that stuck out is his line about never wanting to be a coordinator. This tells me he's ready to bring in talent on the staff and properly delegate. It makes the job more attractive because the coordinators will have lots of room to put their stamp on the program

I'm fired up!
I have to admit, that to me was the low point of the interview. I loved the entire thing until that. Didn't mae sense to me. That all being said, the interview caused me to sign up for a monthly at Orange United, so...

I didn’t say it was necessarily a bad thing, just weird to see the word passion being used to describe what I watched. Donations are a good thing and so is optimism for next season and a manageable schedule but everyone on here who was all-in on Mullen a week ago is now acting like this guy is the second coming of Christ
I saw passion. Just because he speaks with a relatively softer tone does not mean he lacks passion. He speaks with direct intent. I’d take that over rah-rah coach speak.

I have to admit, that to me was the low point of the interview. I loved the entire thing until that. Didn't mae sense to me. That all being said, the interview caused me to sign up for a monthly at Orange United, so...
It does make sense. He prefers to take a non-conventional path. He believes in his ability. He beat out two experienced head coaches for the job, mainly because he showed he knew Syracuse and showed a desire along with articulating a plan to bring Syracuse football back to prominence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Top Bottom