Fran brown presser at 3:45 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Fran brown presser at 3:45

Now let's remarket the team back to the "Orangemen". How hard could that be to do?
89alh2.jpg

Just too politically charged rn tbh.

I love stuff like that. I've seen some people on here say other coaches that require that stuff are out of touch with today's players and where they're from. Well we know Fran isn't that. He wants the players and any outsiders watching the team to know that this team will treat the game with respect and it will be a program that demands respect.

This guy came to do work and he'll expect the same of everyone associated with him.
My son’s high school hockey team wears suits to school the day of home games. They all love it. A lot of kids like this kind of stuff, as long as it’s not ridiculous. And it 100% helps build a culture.

My son’s high school hockey team wears suits to school the day of home games. They all love it. A lot of kids like this kind of stuff, as long as it’s not ridiculous. And it 100% helps build a culture.
It probably helps coming from a millenial head coach vs. some old guy with a crew cut who only has these rules because that's how it was back in the 70s.

I like it too. And am not personally a hat wearer.

But how many of us - speaking broadly to the board - refrain from wearing a hat indoors?

Standatds have become pretty sloppy.
I'm sure Fran establishes a difference between just hanging out versus when you're "at work."

It probably helps coming from a millenial head coach vs. some old guy with a crew cut who only has these rules because that's how it was back in the 70s.
It probably does but it shouldn't as long as the reasoning is the same and the coach genuinely cares about his players. If anything, a young coach like Fran expecting it validates the old guy.

Man, what a breath of fresh air. Some may not like it as he’s not as media polished as babers was, but Fran is awesome.
He really is a breath of fresh air. Dino did a lot of great things for us, but we needed this change. He already seems much more engaged in the community than Dino's been for a long time. Hopefully his coaching staff being available to the press will increase the engagement. Syracuse football has to be in your face. It can't be out of site, out of mind.

Fran wants the exposure. Go talk to assistants. Why the heck would ya not. We were groomed to accept so many weird things under Dino. This is a perfect situation and cultural shift. Thank you Fran
After today’s barrage of events, I think I have an upper body injury…oh wait, new regime! I think I tore a rotator cuff from fist pumping the air. And does someone have an Excedrin and a chaser for my dizzying headache? Staring at a phone screen for hours will do that to you. ;)

Thank you, Franta! You’ll get cookies every week for life!!!

I’m ready to throw JoeCollege through a brick wall for Fran Brown!!!

Seriously, he is a gem! He’s not a rah rah, me me me guy that will take over a show like this. He is straightforward, no BS, and real in every sense of the word. I love it! Can’t wait to see him on the practice field with his staff.

That was a great Q&A (Mostly the answer part). You can tell just by listening him for 10 minutes that he gets it and will be an excellent leader of men. You can also see how parents would trust sending their kids to be mentored by Coach Brown. No used car salesman pitch, i bet no negative recruiting, just genuine, straight up truth. I can’t help but feeling such a breath of fresh air listening to Fran. I have a feeling we are going to have a lot more transparency and a more access than we’ve ever had before.

I just keep coming back to the “I just cant wait for practice man. Meeting on the 15th, lift on the 16th, and that’s going to set the entire tone for everything. I just can’t wait for practice man”

dude loves his job, the minute details that will make you better, and cannot wait for it all to start.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom