Fran Brown, Syracuse Football New Head Coach, Official Announcement | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown, Syracuse Football New Head Coach, Official Announcement

Yep. Especially when he's denying it 100%.

Either he's a liar or he's a fall guy. Either way what he did is pretty minor in the grand scheme of things.
Same. YES!!

IMG_0510.jpeg

At least one Georgia guy will be coming

Just doesn’t seem logical that none of them would follow him that aren’t getting their deserved playing time.

I’m thriving on the Fran Brown train right now. Obviously nothing is set or official yet, but the names being thrown around right now, I just question if Chesney would be able to match it or come close to the kinds of guys that are being talked about for our staff. So far it seems like this was the right move 10 times over.
Agreed. Very early, but, as it seems to be playing out, this is the obvious choice and the ideal fit.
Where's the bowl game and when is the Spring Game?
american-football.png
american-football.png

There are some at Penn State who are concerned about losing their position as the dominant program in the East.

And our guy Khalil Ahmad, who is tight with Fran.

Their expert is in denial. Good for him.

Turning the recruiting tide against PSU is critical for our success moving forward.

I don't expect us even with Fran and his staff to win the majority of battles, but when Schiano's rosters started to get some more serious talent was when his staff started beating out PSU for at least a few of the top 10 NJ kids and Eastern PA kids that PSU wanted.

Elijah Robinson could be our version of Larry Johnson. Wouldn't that be some fun and some payback. That guy roped more Dline prospects away from us over the years...Tamba Hali in particular.

Last edited:
Staying at UGA does not help the program that is literally HIS. UGA from here on out is the opponent (literally every other D1 CFB team is the opponent) and he should think of them as such come Monday at 10am. I don’t see how a man taking on a challenging HC job would ever want to hinder the immediate progress needed to set the tone of HIS program. Wait did I forget to mention that Syracuse football is FRAN BROWNS program? Lol

Who said he’s staying till January lol?

I thought he was only staying for the SEC championship
Staying until after the season unfortunately. Was reported elsewhere.

Not true, it wasn't reported anywhere. And there is NO WAY he's working for Georgia through the most critical time for the program. I just can't believe that for a second.
I don't either since we are already seeing recruits being pined for the current class.

Not true, it wasn't reported anywhere. And there is NO WAY he's working for Georgia through the most critical time for the program. I just can't believe that for a second.
Mike Mcallister says otherwise, unfortunately. Double duty.

If they make the playoffs, those games are usually on New Year's Eve. He will still be able to help while Georgia waits for their games. Practices aren't 24 hours. He will have time for the Orange.

He’s a position coach. He has ZERO REASON to stay at Georgia. He wants to finish out the conference championship on Saturday? Fine. Staying until January is absolutely asinine. He is not Georgia’s head coach; he is Syracuse’s.
What the heck are you talking about? He is only coaching for UGA for the SEC championship game which is tomorrow. Then he will have an official presser Monday at SU as Syracuse's new HC.

Nothing like prioritizing your former employer over your new one, who happens to be taking a huge gamble on you by giving you a much more prominent position lol. It's like taking someone who's a low level manager at their current job and making them CEO of your company and they're like "yeah, you gotta wait a month before I come onboard because I'm not done with my tasks for my current employer" . Crazy!