Fran Brown, Syracuse Football New Head Coach, Official Announcement | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown, Syracuse Football New Head Coach, Official Announcement

I hope no one was thinking I was claiming he hasn’t been working! I just want Elijah Robinson, who is his best friend in the profession, to join!

Someone of those text like the coaching ones should have already happened.

Part of how he got the job was he had some initial planning for the coaching staff done. He has definitely already had several conversations with coaches. Just waiting for early next week to finalize

He's been working already, he gave the talk to the Dye brothers that's why they decommitted.
Do you know for sure this is why they decommitted, or are you just speculating that's the reason? (genuinely curious)

But how many Tuba players do we have!!!?
We have 8 returning on the two deep.

No access to the tuba portal. But I am hoping between a good class of incoming frosh and a few portal transfers, we can at least get up to 12.

ball playing GIF

Kirby's comments from yesterday about Fran:

Brown is fulfilling his duties still this week as the Georgia football defensive backs coach after being named Monday to his new position.

Coach Kirby Smart on Thursday afternoon was asked if he plans to fill his staff opening before the start of the first signing period on Dec. 20 and how long Brown may continue to coach with the Bulldogs after Saturday’s SEC championship game against Alabama.

“We’ve been really focused on Alabama,” Smart said. “I mean, that’s all we’re really thinking about. Those decisions that you’re talking about, they’re not important, right? They have no relevance whatsoever to this game. Our focus and energy are on this game so I really don’t have to decide that right now and don’t even look to.”

He said what’s more important is that Brown, a New Jersey native who worked at Temple, Rutgers and TCU, landed a Power Five head coaching job in the ACC after two seasons at Georgia.

“What’s newsworthy is he got a hell of an opportunity and he’s done a tremendous job for us and we’re super happy for his family and for Syracuse to be getting someone for his character, but we’re not worried about anything past Alabama,” Smart said.

Coach Brown is already putting in work. Offered a 4 star CB who he was previously recruiting to Georgia. https://www.dawgnation.com/recruiti...y-fran-brown-move/6B4DJUESXBGCZOPGOI5INEPNHE/
Good find, SDC.

Brown already working for SU:
  • Georgia cornerbacks coach Fran Brown let him know before the official announcement came out about his move to Syracuse. He got a lot of notice and a proper heads-up on that one.
  • Brown also offered Barnes to come play for him at Syracuse. Barnes said he’ll consider that offer and ponder taking an official visit to see Brown even though he noted it is quite cold up in Orangemen territory.

Good find, SDC.

Brown already working for SU:
  • Georgia cornerbacks coach Fran Brown let him know before the official announcement came out about his move to Syracuse. He got a lot of notice and a proper heads-up on that one.
  • Brown also offered Barnes to come play for him at Syracuse. Barnes said he’ll consider that offer and ponder taking an official visit to see Brown even though he noted it is quite cold up in Orangemen territory.
It really is a good find.

And I like that Brown is targeting kids he already has a relationship with.

You don't shoot your shot, then you got no shot.

Nunzio is interviewing for other jobs he's not recruiting for Syracuse Football. We have a new coach who's going to be learning on the job as it is. If it was a HC, or even a coordinator, I could possibly understand, but not a position coach who has Muschamp and Smart himself coaching the secondary. I don't see many serious programs hiring a HC but have to wait for him to start so he can coach another teams game. I can care less what people think, it is what it is.
I thought he was named the interim head coach which and he would be continuing to recruit to hold the class together. I really hope he is retained. I did see his tweet about CFB and congratulating him. Interviewing while still hopefully continuing to coach is one thing, interviewing without coaching and recruiting is another. Is that what you are saying? I do see we lost two recruits today from New Jersey, I do not know the specifics on that, I could speculate.