Fran Brown, Syracuse Football New Head Coach, Official Announcement | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown, Syracuse Football New Head Coach, Official Announcement

If I eat crow I eat crow, but McAllister is wrong. HCFB will coach GA this weekend and then start full time at Syracuse on Monday when he’s announced.

just so we're clear we're upset our new HC is going to be our HC on 12/3 when the portal opens the next day?

If he was our HC right this second, he's only allowed to talk to Syracuse athletes. So What difference does it make?

Well, other than everybody cheating about that rule ...

...or resigns

Do you guys not understand that you don't burn bridges when you got an upgrade from the program you were with, especially if it is in the first tier of college programs?

You don't tell Nick Saban or Harbaugh or Dabo or Kirby Smart to go piss up a rope, "I'm outta here". When you coach on a team like that, you don't burn bridges. Those are going to be among the best jobs you ever have in your whole career, if you play for a team that made the college playoffs, or even won a championship.

It's only a couple more days, now. Just breathe. He'll be here soon enough.

What the heck are you talking about? He is only coaching for UGA for the SEC championship game which is tomorrow. Then he will have an official presser Monday at SU as Syracuse's new HC.
I'm not the one that's saying it, take it up with them.

How often has this been done in the transfer portal era? If Kirby did this at Georgia it was before a massive shift in the sport.

You're either in or you're out. I know he's still busting his ass but this is bananaland if it ends up being true.

Fran Brown has a plan and I’m 110% behind it.

He’ll retain staff that makes sense, and upgrade wherever possible. Same goes for the recruiting class.

You want a program that can compete in the upper half of the ACC? This is what it takes.

Yes, if guys want to decommit, I'm not too worried about who should get the better player - Dino or Fran Brown. If Brown can't draw better than Dino's recruits, then this won't work out anyway.

Turning the recruiting tide against PSU is critical for our success moving forward.

I don't expect us even with Fran and his staff to win the majority of battles, but when Schiano's rosters started to get some more serious talent was when his staff started beating out PSU for at least a few of the top 10 NJ kids and Eastern PA kids that PSU wanted.

Elijah Robinson could be our version of Larry Johnson. Wouldn't that be some fun and some payback. That guy roped more Dline prospects away from us over the years...Tamba Hali in particular.

The fact they're even talking about it shows they're worried. The freely admit they're going to lose some kids over the next few years.

Whatever workaround Kirby did with his Georgia/Bama transition to coach until after the NC game is I’m sure how HCFB is doing it with his Georgia/Syracuse transition. Clearly there is a workaround if the coaches and schools involved are all on the same page.

The distance between those two schools is a 4-1/2 hour drive and they use helicopters to get back and forth. (Saban uses a chopper to recruit Atlanta.) But if you were in Albany, NY do you think it'd be a little easier to pull double duty if you're new job was in Buffalo? It's not remotely close to being the same thing.

The distance between those two schools is a 4-1/2 hour drive and they use helicopters to get back and forth. (Saban has taken a chopper to recruit Atlanta.) But if you were in Albany, NY do you think it'd be a little easier to pull double duty if you're new job was in Buffalo? Just sayin
I’m not disagreeing with you, like I said I want him to start on Monday full time too it’s obviously the most ideal situation for us. But just pointing out that there are workarounds to make it happen and a very well sourced in the know reporter who doesn’t miss often said he was pulling double duty until after their title run. I hope this is a rare Mike miss.

Do you guys not understand that you don't burn bridges when you got an upgrade from the program you were with, especially if it is in the first tier of college programs?

You don't tell Nick Saban or Harbaugh or Dabo or Kirby Smart to go piss up a rope, "I'm outta here". When you coach on a team like that, you don't burn bridges. Those are going to be among the best jobs you ever have in your whole career, if you play for a team that made the college playoffs, or even won a championship.

It's only a couple more days, now. Just breathe. He'll be here soon enough.
I understand and agree with everything you've written and haven't been advocating for HCFB to drop everything and start here. I'm not sure why you're lecturing me.

I’m not disagreeing with you, like I said I want him to start on Monday full time too it’s obviously the most ideal situation for us. But just pointing out that there are workarounds to make it happen and a very well sourced in the know reporter who doesn’t miss often said he was pulling double duty until after their title run

This would be McCallister's first scoop in this entire coaching story. I'm going to have to see it to believe it.

He actually was the first to report Fran Brown’s name in with the Syracuse job. When DT said JW was in Chicago he was saying he was actually in Georgia interviewing Fran.

The first time I saw Frans name surface was on our board but I don’t know the timing btw that and when MM mentioned it.

I think it's a lot easier to pull double duty if you have a very trusted associate HC / DC who just served as an interim coach at A&M and is someone you've known from your childhood. I have no doubt he can pull double duty and I think it's an admirable thing to do. Let them talk all on TV about how he's taking the syracuse job and we're already getting high recruits during the playoff games. These guys know how to do it.

I had a chip is a disrupter on grindr all set to go and thought, better check replies, damn it

Should been monitoring syrfan instead of grindr, too slow, wait
How many tubas did you see on Grindr?

just so we're clear we're upset our new HC is going to be our HC on 12/3 when the portal opens the next day?

If he was our HC right this second, he's only allowed to talk to Syracuse athletes. So What difference does it make?

I don't think that is accurate.

December 1 - 16; contact period - all communication between athletes and coaches is fair game. Coaches can email, text, call, direct message and generally contact athletes and their parents through any NCAA-approved method. In-person contact can occur on the college campus, as well as at tournaments, at the recruit’s school and home. In other words, the communication floodgates are open, so take advantage of this opportunity to get unlimited access to talk to coaches.

High school players can sign their NLI's starting at 7 a.m. local time on Dec. 20.

And technically the portal is open now for graduate transfers and players on teams where the HC has been fired (like Syracuse). Approximately 470 players are currently in the portal and available for signing NOW.

I think it makes a difference. We need to identify our staff so players know who they are committing to and what offensive and defensive schemes Syracuse intends to run, so they know how they will be used or how they fit.

The first time I saw Frans name surface was on our board but I don’t know the timing btw that and when MM mentioned it.
Yeah Mike M was mentioning Fran as top 3 guy of interest he had heard at beginning before the Mullen frenzy and as TheHaze said he had JW heading to meet with Fran in Georgia Sunday morning when there was still a little public optimism on Mullen.

I don't think that is accurate.

December 1 - 16; contact period - all communication between athletes and coaches is fair game. Coaches can email, text, call, direct message and generally contact athletes and their parents through any NCAA-approved method. In-person contact can occur on the college campus, as well as at tournaments, at the recruit’s school and home. In other words, the communication floodgates are open, so take advantage of this opportunity to get unlimited access to talk to coaches.

High school players can sign their NLI's starting at 7 a.m. local time on Dec. 20.

And technically the portal is open now for graduate transfers and players on teams where the HC has been fired (like Syracuse). Approximately 470 players are currently in the portal and available for signing NOW.

I think it makes a difference. We need to identify our staff so players know who they are committing to and what offensive and defensive schemes Syracuse intends to run, so they know how they will be used or how they fit.

Fair. I thought it was all quiet until 12/4

Yeah Mike M was mentioning Fran as top 3 guy of interest he had heard at beginning before the Mullen frenzy and as TheHaze said he had JW heading to meet with Fran in Georgia Sunday morning when there was still a little public optimism on Mullen.
Fran Brown was mentioned by a poster on the FB forum on 11/19.

Per Emily Leiker on Syracuse.com

Syracuse, N.Y. — During an hour-long Zoom call Thursday night with Syracuse football’s class of 2024 verbal commits, new Orange head coach Fran Brown teased who he plans on hiring as his coordinators.

“He said the offensive coordinator is coming from a job in the NFL, and the defensive coordinator’s coming from the SEC,” Noah Rosahac, a three-star lineman from Pennsylvania, told syracuse.com by phone Friday.