Fran Brown | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end of the day, if he's the hire I'll get behind him, and I hope I'm wrong.

The coordinator hires are going to be huge here. Can't just stick with Jason Beck and Rocky Long and expect to win.
Just curious why you don't like Beck? I feel like he was held back at times by Dino with play calling and he called a pretty decent game on Saturday.

At the end of the day, if he's the hire I'll get behind him, and I hope I'm wrong.

The coordinator hires are going to be huge here. Can't just stick with Jason Beck and Rocky Long and expect to win.

Think he had to present a realistic plan for his likely coordinators and what he wants to do from an offensive standpoint.

I think Wildhack will say Browns recruiting ability outweighed the fact he only has experience as an Assistant Head Coach & Co-Defensive Coordinator.
Probably. I started thinking about guys like Allen who will probably stay and guys in the portal he should be able to bring in, the idea is growing on me. Keep Nunzio and get some experienced dudes on the staff and it could be interesting

Listen...I'm not saying this guy will/wont work out, but the idea that he and nunz are going to keep Mich, PSU, OSU, Bama and ND out of NY/NJ/NE PA and those recruits are going to come here is laughable.

What happened to all the posts the last decade that recruiting is national now? The FLA 3* is better than the NY/NJ 4*? Those posts that have been posted ad-nauseum here.

Here's the thing...

That's going to help. A lot.

He's going to be a portal magnet.

It's wide open.
I mean, he could literally sell building an offense around players based on their talents / style.

That has to be a big sell to portal kids.

Probably. I started thinking about guys like Allen who will probably stay and guys in the portal he should be able to bring in, the idea is growing on me. Keep Nunzio and get some experienced dudes on the staff and it could be interesting
Just suppose that Addazio does come on to coach the line.

We'd feel pretty good about that, yeah?

I mean, he could literally sell building an offense around players based on their talents / style.

That has to be a big sell to portal kids.
EXACTLY

Listen...I'm not saying this guy will/wont work out, but the idea that he and nunz are going to keep Mich, PSU, OSU, Bama and ND out of NY/NJ/NE PA and those recruits are going to come here is laughable.

What happened to all the posts the last decade that recruiting is national now? The FLA 3* is better than the NY/NJ 4*? Those posts that have been posted ad-nauseum here.
They’re not. But will they be able to pluck a few kids we couldn’t get before? I don’t think that’s too far fetched. All it takes is 4-5 kids a class that we were closed out on before to make a major difference.

We don’t know if he can run a program or handle the I s and outs of game day. This is a huge risk and could be on the hook for 4-5 years. I thin brown would be a monumental mistake. At least we know Chesney can runs practice.
I’d take this guy in a heartbeat at DC, for HC not a fan. Bad look for the university this entire week if this is what we end with

I got a leaked transcript from Brown’s planned introduction to the fan base

"Visualize this. You're in the Carrier Dome. The house is filled. The feeling is electric. The noise is deafening. You have a defense that's relentless. You have a special teams that has been well-coached. You have an offense that will not huddle. And you have a game that's faster than you've ever seen on turf.

Open your eyes. That's going to be a reality. That's going to be Syracuse football."

I'm so excited, let's all go bang Sam Elliott!
IMG_0545.gif

Here's the thing - we're in the portal era now.

Missing on a guy the first time isn't necessarily the end of it.

Brown isn't going to stop the factories from getting great players.

But what he is going to do is put us in excellent position to be their second stop.

And, he's going to upgrade our own highschool recruiting too.

Just suppose that Addazio does come on to coach the line.

We'd feel pretty good about that, yeah?
Have to think Dazzler gets a bigger gig than that…but I don’t want him running O

I would rather take a new head coach with great recruiting prowess over someone who is proven at the FCS level. Talent wins games, period. Even if he isn’t an amazing coach, if we have enough talent we should still win more than we have recently. Coordinator hires will be important here. Hopefully he can recruit here as he has in other places.

Here's the thing - we're in the portal era now.

Missing on a guy the first time isn't necessarily the end of it.

Brown isn't going to stop the factories from getting great players.

But what he is going to do is put us in excellent position to be their second stop.

And, he's going to upgrade our own highschool recruiting too.
Yup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors