Fran Brown | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maurice 'Mo' Linguist was known as one of the top recruiters too. Ask UB fans how they think of him as a coach so far. He took over a team that Leipold had ranked #24 and then he went out and got two #1 recruiting classes yet he's sunk the program fast.

If Fran Brown is the choice I guess I'll try my best to give it a chance but I won't exactly be overly giddy. Hopefully he proves me wrong if he's the guy.
Go look at what Stan Drayton (former cuse coach) is doing to Temple. He is 6-18 and also was an “elite recruiter.” How is this going to be any different?

Think he had to present a realistic plan for his likely coordinators and what he wants to do from an offensive standpoint.
Yeah, what I'm banking on at this point is he absolutely crushed the interview in that regard, and knows how big of an opportunity he has here. There's a lot I like about him as a coach and recruiter, and his character stands for a lot too.

I'm just really concerned about how big of a step up this is.

Watch, Fran will have a good record next year on a cake schedule and drop us for an SEC school and we’ll be back to debating Mullen and Chesney at this time next year.
Now that would be hilarious. Are we talking 10 wins though? I could life with that lol.

I'm so excited, let's all go bang Sam Elliott!

OiG jumps Sam Elliott.

Pacusewife jumps Sam Elliott.

Gang-bang!!!

It’s good to be the Orange.

Watch, Fran will have a good record next year on a cake schedule and drop us for an SEC school and we’ll be back to debating Mullen and Chesney at this time next year.
I would gladly welcome that scenario because it would mean we had a winning season and got the program back on track.

What other options are better honestly? At best these 3 are equals. At worst???
Definitely all on the same level with question marks about them. We went with the best recruiter by miles, in the day and age of the portal, I can’t be too mad at it. If I completely buy in will be determined by the staff he’s able to put together.

Just curious why you don't like Beck? I feel like he was held back at times by Dino with play calling and he called a pretty decent game on Saturday.
It's nothing at all against Beck. But with Fran's lack of experience, we need as much experience as possible with the X's and O's. I don't know if Beck is that guy.

Also, why would Dino be holding him back on play calling? That's a weird narrative I've seen that doesn't make a ton of sense for a guy like Dino that was trying to save his job.

Yeah, what I'm banking on at this point is he absolutely crushed the interview in that regard, and knows how big of an opportunity he has here. There's a lot I like about him as a coach and recruiter, and his character stands for a lot too.

I'm just really concerned about how big of a step up this is.
Impressed by some of the articles about him. I can see him wowing JW and others. Certainly a risk but not like anything else safer has done wonders for us either.

With a reputation as a top-notch recruiter, Swinney was chosen over Clemson defensive coordinator Vic Koenning (former head coach of Wyoming), and associate head coach Brad Scott (former head coach of South Carolina).[31]

Despite his recruiting reputation, Swinney was an unpopular hire among some Clemson fans. Some fans and pundits noted that he had never been more than a position coach.

This makes me nervous

An ace recruiter nailed the interview? Go figure

IMG_1747.jpeg

At the end of the day, if he's the hire I'll get behind him, and I hope I'm wrong.

The coordinator hires are going to be huge here. Can't just stick with Jason Beck and Rocky Long and expect to win.

I agree I am especially looking at the offense. He needs to bring in X and O type coordinators if he is going to do the heavy lifting on the recruiting side.

He IS African American. A plus factor for the school and conference that is now down to one head coach. &scape writers will note.
And I got crucified for reminding some on here that the school prioritizes minority hiring. Yet again they prove it. Who knows if it had anything to do with board of trustee approval, but I wouldn’t be surprised in the least

It's nothing at all against Beck. But with Fran's lack of experience, we need as much experience as possible with the X's and O's. I don't know if Beck is that guy.

Also, why would Dino be holding him back on play calling? That's a weird narrative I've seen that doesn't make a ton of sense for a guy like Dino that was trying to save his job.
Point taken on Beck.

Why wouldn't Dino tell Beck then to throw the ball downfield more than 1 time against GTech when we saw what DV did this past Saturday on a few throws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom