Fran Brown | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go look at what Stan Drayton (former cuse coach) is doing to Temple. He is 6-18 and also was an “elite recruiter.” How is this going to be any different?
Well, I’d start with they are different human beings with different experiences and that lots of guys get HC jobs and some do well and some do less well and probably extrapolating anything based on 1 case study is silly

We need a coach who knows how to RUN A P5 PROGRAM.
Stop it. Just stop it.

The dude has been with Kirby at Georgia.

We don't have anybody that has had that kind of proximity to what the pinnacle of success is in college football today.

He knows what running a P5 program looks like.

If he'd already shown he can do it, he wouldn't be a candidate for us.

I'm sorry but I see a lot of people talking themselves into this hire. This time last week we were bosting about playing "big boy football" with Mullen, Golden, etc. Now we hire a DB coach and everyone is pumped about it. I get the recruiting angle here but to me this is exactly the type of coach we didn't want this time last week.

Wildhack betting his career on two unknowns in Autry and now Fran Brown is some type of gamble for him. Hope he's right on one of them.
I’d rather Brown than a retread in Golden. This is a high risk, high reward move. I kind of put Chesney in the same bucket. And I’m OK with either.

Well we don’t know if he can or can’t coach as a HC. But if he can plus all the other variables, then you have some extreme upside here over any other candidate.
Agreed but if the only thing we do know he can do does not guarantee success in any regard, this feels extremely risky

How many Sam Elliott gifs are we up to in this thread? Not enough?

Aubrey Plaza GIF by Rita Pepe

I hope I'm wrong, but this feels like a disaster in waiting. Three years ago this guy was carrying on a recruiting beef publicly on Twitter. I'm going to assume it didn't come up in the interview.
I’m with you. I’ll be absolutely shocked if this isn’t a disaster. I can see him trying to assemble a roster of misfit toys. I also don’t think he will magically improve recruiting to Syracuse.

I'm sorry but I see a lot of people talking themselves into this hire. This time last week we were bosting about playing "big boy football" with Mullen, Golden, etc. Now we hire a DB coach and everyone is pumped about it. I get the recruiting angle here but to me this is exactly the type of coach we didn't want this time last week.

Wildhack betting his career on two unknowns in Autry and now Fran Brown is some type of gamble for him. Hope he's right on one of them.
Uh yeah, Brian...most of us don't really know ball...we just like to eat glizzys, get drunk and root for 'Cuse. Of course we're going to blindly support whoever we hire.

Agreed but if the only thing we do know he can do does not guarantee success in any regard, this feels extremely risky
It’s definitely risky. I agree.

But the alternatives are milk toast. Like most years as Cuse fans we’re once again placed inside a conundrum.

Mr personally? I’m ready to roll the dice.

Last edited:
Hiring a head coach because he can recruit and not coach is a big mistake. In this thread, nobody mentioned anything about his coaching and how well he coaches. What his strengths are on defense etc... The only thing is he is a recruiter. LOL As if that will translate to Syracuse.

Chip Kelly, if he gets fired by UCLA, would be a way better choice. Even if people think he's a jerk. So was Bobby Knight. At least he's been a successful head coach before.

Stop it. Just stop it.

We don't have anybody that has had that kind of proximity to what the pinnacle of success is in college football today.

Being close to a successful coach doesn't make people successful. Football is far more about schemes, and coaching, players matter of course, but a bad coach won't win with great players.

Hard to disagree with this. Are we really going to pound the portal ever at Syracuse with our NIL not being as competitive as other schools?

I do like the gamble. Only because the alternatives all sucked. At least this one is unique.

Man we needed Mullen… :/

Stop it. Just stop it.

I’m with you. I’m fine with Chesney or Brown and if it’s Brown, it means basically every recruit in our main recruiting area and extended is taking notice.

I have no idea if this will work, but I am hoping to god to see some legit talent in the Dome for us.

I’m not not knocking our guys as a handful are currently in the nfl, but we need dudes.

Ya, we need the Xs and Os taken care of, but recruiting is the lifeblood of a program.

Who cares. Buy the ticket, take the ride. If it’s Fran Brown, Wildhack is swinging for the fences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom