Fran Brown | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Mullen seemingly out, potentially due to the financials, couldn't we try to land Chesney and then still offer Brown double what he makes at Georgia as DB coach? All while still likely being ahead of the cost for Mullen?

I know some people in Ohio want Knowles to replace Ryan Day, in the unlikely (IMO) scenario that Day is fired.
Not saying that Knowles is high on the list; but he is on the list.

Yeah I don’t see this working out we don’t have unlimited UGA nil money.

Chesney is the correct hire if we aren’t spending big.
I actually have the opposite opinion. Chesney is the worst hire if we aren't spending big on NIL. His recruiting and ability to identify P5 talent are in question more than any other potential candidate.

If Cuse can't afford to spend big on a staff and NIL, they need to pick one and spending big on Chesneys staff isn't likely

Thats true, and its a legit concern. But as others have said, hes recruiting to GA against Alabama and USC and Ohio State. Hes not looking for those kids here. Hes just gotta beat 2/3 of the ACC guys out, and I don't automatically feel like thats impossible.
Also he worked at Rutgers which means he has contacts in Jersey. He is a good name guy and as someone said we need to take some chance. I think he would be a great get and he is young and energetic. Rather have mullen but whatever.

The Brown thing is hard to figure. He came up in the beginning and I thought SU was just doing its due diligence based on his history but I heard he was a potential serious candidate. Now he's popped up again and appears to have interviewed.
He could be a really intelligent guy who has exact plans on how to build a program. He also may not. I would think brown would be a great get. If he interviews well.

I know some people in Ohio want Knowles to replace Ryan Day, in the unlikely (IMO) scenario that Day is fired.
Not saying that Knowles is high on the list; but he is on the list.
and last year they wanted him fired after the Michigan game or was it the Georgia game? it was actually both.

Reactions: CIL
There’s pros and cons to everyone

Chesney or Brown both need the right staff.

Chesneys never recruited at this level while Brown is considered one of the best in the business. Brown has never been a HC while Chesney is known for building up programs.

Idk man. Browns name probably carries a ton more weight nationally and if I’m in the SUAD I can definitely sell two time national champion, voted best recruiter, etc

Brown you need to know a lot more about his Xs and Os too

What a week it’s been. I think i could talk myself into either eventually

Coen I wouldn’t return his calls
Anybody that coaches here is going to struggling recruiting, especially in this day and age, I don’t care who you are. I’d rather have a good coach and someone that can build a program.

Mm
D
How much recruiting are HC’s doing. This would be an absolutely terrible hire that goes against most of what Wildhack said he is looking for at Cuse. Not to mention 12/4 is creeping here ever so quickly. If this is the hire this makes me think we either missed out on our top 4-5 guys or we couldn’t come up with the requirements for one. So many questions. Why wasn’t he named DC at Rutgers? Just because he can recruit doesn’t mean he can manage a team.
Exactly people are seeing the name Georgia, they hear an internet poll and immediately lose their minds because they’re so sick of the anxiety. The reality is that we are not Georgia, we are not gonna recruit like Georgia ( unless we create a solid consistent winning culture). At this juncture of our program we NEED an X’s and O’s Guy. We are only going to create this culture by coaching up the guys we have and are capable of getting and playing disciplined ball. We need someone that has proven they are capable of running a successful program whether it’s fcs or p4.

I actually have the opposite opinion. Chesney is the worst hire if we aren't spending big on NIL. His recruiting and ability to identify P5 talent are in question more than any other potential candidate.

If Cuse can't afford to spend big on a staff and NIL, they need to pick one and spending big on Chesneys staff isn't likely
Staff money and NIL come from two completely different pools right? Unless they're asking donors to foot both bills.

Adam Terry made a good point on the radio a few minutes ago saying what Fran Brown brings to the table is the ability to land SEC portal transfers.

He heard a lot of good things about Bob Chesney at a football clinic over the weeks and has a lot of contacts in the Northeast. The concern is will he be able to convince SEC caliber players in the portal to come to SU.

Terry has spoken to agents/people in the business and he thinks this process could take another 7-10 days.

I hope we hire a coach before 12/4 because we need to hit the portal hard for a QB, WR, OL, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom