Fran Brown | Page 56 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not going to lie -- will be disappointed if Brown splits time with Georgia to help coach them in the playoffs.

Need our guy all-in.

Hopefully Kirby is Smart enough to coach his DB's, which we all know he is.

Why do we assume Nunzio is staying or wants to stay? Has brown said thst

I wouldn’t assume any assistants are safe until we hear from brown. He may have his guys. We tend to do a live connection when we don’t know how the relationships shake out

Nunzio and brown may be completely redundant

Fwiw I spoke to Nunzios former teammate last night at one of his colleges and he said there isn’t a better guy. So I hope he stays hearing this. My source isn’t a grab @sser for the sake of it so I’m fired up for more Nunzio
can’t be sure if anything, but I listened to his post game presser and comments. He sounded genuine in his excitement for this place. If he doesn’t want to stay good luck to him. If him wants to stay, I’m squeezing for him to hang on.

Not going to lie -- will be disappointed if Brown splits time with Georgia to help coach them in the playoffs.

Need our guy all-in.
Why would Georgia want that? With the portal seems risky.

Renewing my tickets and getting my casual friends back on the wagon. If this is gonna workout, it needs support.

Gotta call on Orange nation to talk up their friends for season tickets like we did before 2019.

Put yourselves on the line again!

Some
Of these top recruits come with strings and can be divas. Thats the part that worries me if things go sideways at a syraxuse

Culture and institutional sanity matter. A pied piper tarkanian type can be good when the food is good but if anything spoils things can be ugly

I really hope he’s a task master. Little things matter . What I liked about Dino was he was unflappable and that’s needed for the kids

In other words don’t want a Deion clone
Culture and sanity mattered the last 8 years and they got 2 winning seasons out of it. This is where SU is at now. Taking risks to stay relevant. You fighting for 5 to 7 wins each year. Using the same blue prinnt wears out. If you can bring in some jimmes and joes's that can be play makers, do it.

He's never called plays - at all. I don't care if he's the f-ing Rain Man of recruiters. This could go bad fast.
Hiring someone with coordinator experience OR head coaching experience could go bad. Urban Meter was never a coordinator, worked out for him. Not saying Fran is close to urban, but Meyer could recruit and then he learned how to coach.

Whats with this “elite recruiter” nonsense. He’s been at Georgia for one season, and their name recruits for themselves.

Before that Rutgers, Temple…Doesn’t exactly scream elite recruits
His Temple recruiting classes were consistently 6-10 win teams. Cuse fans aren't asking for Georgia recruiting classes. We are asking to be competitive in the ACC and consistently be around 8-4 (or better). Francis has shown no matter where he is he can recruit to be competitive.

I highly doubt Wildhack would hire Brown and let him finish the season at UGA. That would be a critical lost month that would be difficult to recover from.
Be so dumb that I fully expect it

Culture and sanity mattered the last 8 years and they got 2 winning seasons out of it. This is where SU is at now. Taking risks to stay relevant. You fighting for 5 to 7 wins each year. Using the same blue prinnt wears out. If you can bring in some jimmes and joes's that can be play makers, do it.
Sure fair point but the diff being we had dignity

Being a 4 win team w zero dignity and issues would be embarrassing. Let’s hope he can coach is my point and I’ll take a bit rascal w this program. If he can’t and inmates run the asylum I’m out

Add Dabo to your list
I said since 2015. And Dabo wouldn’t be included because he was an intern head coach for 7 games prior to being hired as the main guy. They saw how he actually coached when he took over. This is a total roll of the dice. I dont think this is something Syracuse is in the position to do.

At Syracuse, If you want a truly great head coach you need to take a huge risk and you have to skip a step or two, IMO. Gotta find somebody before everybody else does. Chesney and Brown fit this mold, IMO. Neither have everything you would want for a P5 head coach on paper, doesn't mean they can't be great. Plenty of failures with teams that have tried the same.

try to hit a home run, don't choke up with 2 strikes looking for an infield hit. I am good with it.

I also don't think a great coach like Dan Lanning is a great head coach because he was the DC at Georgia for 2 years, I just don't. Sure it's another box checked but great leadership comes from many places. Lanning has also been great at hiring great staff because he is well connected. I get it, Oregon has tremendous advantages but we don't have the same expectations either.

His Temple recruiting classes were consistently 6-10 win teams. Cuse fans aren't asking for Georgia recruiting classes. We are asking to be competitive in the ACC and consistently be around 8-4 (or better). Francis has shown no matter where he is he can recruit to be competitive.
Pretty big difference recruiting against teams in the American Athletic Conference vs the ACC….

Such an overrated statement us locals have convinced ourselves into thinking IMO. How does PSU, OSU, UM do it? It’s simple, winning. We play in a dome, and teams only hold 85 guys, not every good player ends up in warm weather. Yes it has some effect I agree but not that much.
I remember I was walking across campus (not SU, but in NYS) on a cold winter's day and I saw a professor of mine walking about without a coat. I went over to him and asked, "what are you doing walking around without a coat on a cold day like today?" He said, "I went to Michigan; this isn't cold."

Renewing my tickets and getting my casual friends back on the wagon. If this is gonna workout, it needs support.

Gotta call on Orange nation to talk up their friends for season tickets like we did before 2019.

Put yourselves on the line again!
You may be in the minority on this.

Hiring Fran Brown is NOT going to get people excited about SU football. Hoping for the best for the guy, but this isn't a hire that will pump juice into the fanbase. Maybe it does with people here on this website who are the die-hards of the die-hards, but for the rest of Onondaga County it won't.

I am actually shocked this is the hire they are making. Praying for the best and for this to work out. We will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom