Fran Brown | Page 58 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of these reactions are wild. You all realize there is no certainty with any coach? Do some research, the guys been a good recruiter everywhere. Maybe it’s time we make a splash hire after 20 years of mediocrity.
When USC hired Riley, everyone thought they were going to be in playoffs within 2 years. Instead he dropped back to 7-5 and now is looked at as a joke. Dabo was the WR coach and had never been a coordinator.

Not sure what Cuse fans don't get. It's about recruiting to a level to be competitive. Temple isn't going to get ACC level recruits but he was able to find recruits to be competitive at that level and Brown has done so at every stop hes had. It's logically unsound to say he won't be able to do the same moving forward
Have to consistently beat BC, Rutgers, Maryland and Pitt for priority recruits.

Sure fair point but the diff being we had dignity

Being a 4 win team w zero dignity and issues would be embarrassing. Let’s hope he can coach is my point and I’ll take a bit rascal w this program. If he can’t and inmates run the asylum I’m out
Making a lot of assumptions with this post. Not the best look for you.

Fran Brown would be a strong choice if this comes to fruition. He would be Syracuse’s best recruiter at head coach EVER, at least in my lifetime. Recruiting is his lifeblood, and he has done it well at Rutgers, Baylor, and Temple, not exactly the Easiest places to recruit at.

He is a key reason why Rutgers is going bowling this year. We also went bowling in ‘21, but that was because Texas A&M backed out due to Covid. Nevertheless, Going bowling two out of Schiano’s first four years is a huge accomplishment, especially considering we hadn’t gone bowling since ‘14. And Chris Ash ran the program right into the ground, and we had very little talent. Thanks in large part to Fran, that talent base was replenished quickly. That’s why Georgia hired him. He work’s exceptionally hard to bring in talent.

Browns signature recruits at Rutgers were Max Melton, Tyreem Powell, and Robert Longerbeam. All three starters, and future NFLers and Powell was playing at an All American level before his season was cut short due to injury. While at Rutgers, Fran Brown excelled at recruiting the 3 star recruit with 5 star impact. This is the skillset that will be especially relevant to Syracuse. I would expect him him to focus his recruiting in South Jersey, North Jersey, Philadelphia, DC, and VA.

The million dollar question is how well can he coach. The jury will be out on that question. I can tell you he has the attributes to be a successful head coach. When you meet him and shake his hand, I couldn’t help but think that he will be going places and doing big things. I can’t really explain it, but to me he has an aura and a presence about him.

He’s been working his entire career for this opportunity, and will make the most of it, imo.
I think this hire is similar to Oregon hiring Mario Cristobal, who also had not had coordinator experience, but was a huge success, which is why he was subsequently hired by Miami. Surround Brown with strong coordinators and strong assistants and y’all will be set.

Nothing but love for Fran Brown.

Fran Brown would be a strong choice if this comes to fruition. He would be Syracuse’s best recruiter at head coach EVER, at least in my lifetime. Recruiting is his lifeblood, and he has done it well at Rutgers, Baylor, and Temple, not exactly the Easiest places to recruit at.

He is a key reason why Rutgers is going bowling this year. We also went bowling in ‘21, but that was because Texas A&M backed out due to Covid. Nevertheless, Going bowling two out of Schiano’s first four years is a huge accomplishment, especially considering we hadn’t gone bowling since ‘14. And Chris Ash ran the program right into the ground, and we had very little talent. Thanks in large part to Fran, that talent base was replenished quickly. That’s why Georgia hired him. He work’s exceptionally hard to bring in talent.

Browns signature recruits at Rutgers were Max Melton, Tyreem Powell, and Robert Longerbeam. All three starters, and future NFLers and Powell was playing at an All American level before his season was cut short due to injury. While at Rutgers, Fran Brown excelled at recruiting the 3 star recruit with 5 star impact. This is the skillset that will be especially relevant to Syracuse. I would expect him him to focus his recruiting in South Jersey, North Jersey, Philadelphia, DC, and VA.

The million dollar question is how well can he coach. The jury will be out on that question. I can tell you he has the attributes to be a successful head coach. When you meet him and shake his hand, I couldn’t help but think that he will be going places and doing big things. I can’t really explain it, but to me he has an aura and a presence about him.

He’s been working his entire career for this opportunity, and will make the most of it, imo.
I think this hire is similar to Oregon hiring Mario Cristobal, who also had not had coordinator experience, but was a huge success, which is why he was subsequently hired by Miami. Surround Brown with strong coordinators and strong assistants and y’all will be set.

That settles it! RutgersAl is all in!

Cristobal had been a head coach but let's go Fran

No. He will be able to recruit here but being a top recruiter shouldn’t qualify you for a head coaching P5 position. Coordinator sure
I don’t think JW said to himself “he can recruit who cares about anything else”… my guess is he heard he has HC qualities and had doubts and was convinced that he was ready. A call to Matt Rhule, Kirby Smart, etc would help alongside a detailed plan on assistants and some leadership stuff during an interview.

We aren’t privy to any of that stuff so it feels like a worse gamble

Well if you’re going to do this, just dive in head first. Go get Elijah as your DC. Recruit the hell out of New Jersey with Brown and Elijah and keep Nunzio as Tight End coach. With the money you saved, go get addazio for OL, and then throw the rest of the money you saved at the best offensive mind you know.

You should be saving money with brown and Elijah getting the opportunity to be a DC. You’re losing out on potential X and O and experience. But by throwing money at addazio who has HC experience and building OL. You then also have left over money to hire a great offensive mind to score a bunch of points.

IDK, if your going to swing, you minds well swing with all your might. Just get a bunch of dawgs on the recruiting trail. You can’t just rely on Brown to do all the recruiting.

Hope it's after 10 AM.

I need a Wegmans run.

a ridiculous question and i'll ask it

...can Georgia match us even in this mismatch of employment opportunity for Brown? I have no idea what level of money the bluest of blue bloods have now for footballl operations vs us...

Think of it this way.

Dino Babers sucked the life out of our town after 2019. We are beneath the floor right now in hype.

Hopefully Fran does a better job with community, university and alumni outreach.

Land a big name or two in the portal and in HS recruiting.

Open up practices a bit more and funnel some hype to the media.

We can’t do worse producing hype than we were. Dino had us on life support.
This is so true. In my opinion Dino did nothing to energize the fan base or the community.

a ridiculous question and i'll ask it

...can Georgia match us even in this mismatch of employment opportunity for Brown? I have no idea what level of money the bluest of blue bloods have now for footballl operations vs us...
How many shots does one get at a head coaching job?

I dont agree. JB made his bones as a recruiter. He became a great coach over time but in the early years he did well because he landed some very talented players.
Hoops and football are entirely different animals on talent impact. End of JB's career also shows how important talent is in basketball.

Heck, if this flames out we’ll probably know in two years and Chesney might still be available.

The more I think about it the more I like the swing. Really excited to see this come together and have a feeling the roster is going to rally around it.

No Matt. Universities can’t provide NIL money. It has to come from boosters.

Yes, of course you're right. But the money from boosters which may have been used to supplement the pay of the coaching staff is now available for other purposes, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom