Fran Brown | Page 62 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fran Brown would be a strong choice if this comes to fruition. He would be Syracuse’s best recruiter at head coach EVER, at least in my lifetime. Recruiting is his lifeblood, and he has done it well at Rutgers, Baylor, and Temple, not exactly the Easiest places to recruit at.

He is a key reason why Rutgers is going bowling this year. We also went bowling in ‘21, but that was because Texas A&M backed out due to Covid. Nevertheless, Going bowling two out of Schiano’s first four years is a huge accomplishment, especially considering we hadn’t gone bowling since ‘14. And Chris Ash ran the program right into the ground, and we had very little talent. Thanks in large part to Fran, that talent base was replenished quickly. That’s why Georgia hired him. He work’s exceptionally hard to bring in talent.

Browns signature recruits at Rutgers were Max Melton, Tyreem Powell, and Robert Longerbeam. All three starters, and future NFLers and Powell was playing at an All American level before his season was cut short due to injury. While at Rutgers, Fran Brown excelled at recruiting the 3 star recruit with 5 star impact. This is the skillset that will be especially relevant to Syracuse. I would expect him him to focus his recruiting in South Jersey, North Jersey, Philadelphia, DC, and VA.

The million dollar question is how well can he coach. The jury will be out on that question. I can tell you he has the attributes to be a successful head coach. When you meet him and shake his hand, I couldn’t help but think that he will be going places and doing big things. I can’t really explain it, but to me he has an aura and a presence about him.

He’s been working his entire career for this opportunity, and will make the most of it, imo.
I think this hire is similar to Oregon hiring Mario Cristobal, who also had not had coordinator experience, but was a huge success, which is why he was subsequently hired by Miami. Surround Brown with strong coordinators and strong assistants and y’all will be set.

Nothing but love for Fran Brown.
appreciate you checking in man. You're a hard core college football fan as there is and I think you nailed this situation. We're certainly hoping that what your analysis suggests comes to fruition (but hopefully avoiding Cristabals end game decisions :)). It was great meeting you all those years ago and glad to see you're still "in the game" hoping for the best for your own, much like ours, program struggling to emerge. Appreciate you checking in. Best of luck going forward.

It means that Chesney has never held a P5 job and I wasn't sold on him being ready for one now, especially at Syracuse. Nothing against the guy. Brown is ready for this, just ask Rhule and Smart.
I'm sure Chesney could have P5 guys say he is ready too. Both guys have their flaws and I am sure every legit candidate we were considering had them too.

I value scheme and organization just as much as talent. that said I totally get this hire and think it is worth the risk. As I stated earlier - good or bad we are back looking in 3 years.

Good lord, you are talking about getting the casual fan excited. Well, these casual fans don't even know who Dan Mullens is and they don't care. The casual fans will go to games when the team starts winning. So hiring a "named coach" doesn't mean anything to to the rest of Onondaga County.
I disagree. Pedigree would matter once news spread.

Is what it is, we will see how this plays out in time

appreciate you checking in man. You're a hard core college football fan as there is and I think you nailed this situation. We're certainly hoping that what your analysis suggest comes to fruition. It was great meeting you all those years ago and glad to see you're still "in the game" hoping for the best for your own, much like ours, program struggling to emerge. Appreciate you checking in. Best of luck going forward.
I kind of love how Al has gone from somewhat disparaged to legend status.

hard pass on a guy who has been floating around the fake leagues for the last decade
I believe the poster that mentioned him intended it as a joke. My point was this: no need to go back 14 years to find reasons to not want Jag.

Chesney is not coming to Syracuse as an assistant coach.
Agree and we don't need him. His draw was his organization not his offensive genius. I think he is a good coach but his scheme isn't the thing that makes him in my opinion.

There aren't a lot of people that can change your mind that quickly.

But Al is definitely one of them.

#legend
I was looking for a sign, and then…like a lighthouse when lost at see, or the Bat signal late on a crime filled night…I saw a light…and I knew I no longer cared about anything…..

HIRE BROWN

Good recruiters are good at communicating and good at relationships. I’d bet there are guys out there who he’s built connections with who will be all in on being on staff with him. There will be a lot of players in the transfer portal who he’ll have a good relationship with.

He reminds me of Tomlin.

Wildhack mentioned this trait a few times in his presser.

c8edbbb9d4_jeff_1203.jpg

BC sloppy seconds if we ride the Jags express. May as well go get Frank Spaz to coach the Defense too

Rutgers North has a good ring to it.

I'm glad we are taking the tried and true Rutgers blue print and sprinkling in some BC magic too.

I wonder how the former Cuse players feel about this hire? Will they be included in some compacity?

Ga losing this week would help line things up, otherwise he wont be around to do much until mid Jan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom