Fran Brown | Page 63 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willy Love has acquired around 20 scholarship offers. Syracuse football coaches offered him in April of 2022. His full offer sheet includes two-time defending national champion Georgia, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Boston College, Cincinnati, UConn, Maryland, Michigan State, Nebraska, Ole Miss, Oregon, Penn State, West Virginia, Texas A&M and Temple, among others.

Attachments

• IMG_7351.jpeg
    IMG_7351.jpeg
    193.9 KB · Views: 87
I haven’t read anywhere near all 63 pages here but Fran Brown is obviously a great recruiter at RU and Temple as well as Georgia. It is definitely an “out of the box” hire and I am not opposed to that as that can be very innovative. To be a top recruiter you have to be real charismatic and a sales guy. Two qualities we desperately need. Fran needs to get two good coordinators under him. I can see the Interim HC at A&M coming here now as the DC as he is a Cámden NJ guy. Keep Nunzio and we are golden in NJ for recruiting which was a big part of our success in the 80’s and 90’s. He is a younger version, and maybe better, of James Franklin at PSU now. We could do much worse.

LGO!!

Last edited:
It's also a plus that he has worked for some notable head coaches from whom he has learned. Okay maybe not helicopter boy.

I just don't think this is the case.

I have to think ADJW would make starting immediately a requirement in any job offer.
you think he is telling a guy playing for a NC to leave? He might pull double duty but I dont think you tell a guy to leave his team like that.

I really was strongly against the hire initially but I do think we have to look ourselves in the mirror. What we've been doing is not working. We're not the kind of job who can hire away proven P5 coaches either.

This certainly feels risky as hell but we don't win, and haven't won consistently in a long, long time. I guess let's take the shot

Right always a good/great recruiter. He is considered the best recruiter because of Georgia. I am not going to keep talking in circles with you. You believe what you believe its cool not everyone has to think the same...

Like I said I will be waiting to hear about the coordinators that will make or break him not his ability to recruit.
have been talking in circles just fine on your own

Coordinator hires will be beyond critical. No idea what he's thinking but with Lewis unlikely to be back at Colorado I think you have to call and offer him the OC position at $850K+
I am not too sure that Lewis wants to come back to the Cuse

you think he is telling a guy playing for a NC to leave? He might pull double duty but I dont think you tell a guy to leave his team like that.
He's a position coach who already has a ring.

Yes. Yes, I do.

If I were the AD, with the looming start of free-agency, I would want my guy on board. January would be a non-starter for me. And I think it would be for ADJW. If it's not, my opinion of the AD just went down.

I’m 100% on board with Brown. He’s definitely an out of the box hire, but sometimes you have to take big risks when you’re a program like Syracuse. I think he’ll definitely upgrade the talent level. Let’s hope he can quickly figure out how to lead a team of coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom