Fran Brown | Page 76 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would he not try and bring his guys with him? Isn't that kind of standard procedure these days?

Maybe he will. I personally think it's a slippery slope to burn bridges in this industry and might be more work than it's worth considering there's lower hanging fruit that will still be an upgrade. just an opinion.

Outside of the top 15 schools, which syracuse is not and likely never will be, who has been "poaching another P5 coach?" You either get a retread or an up and comer.
We were once and can be again. i never understood the we cant do it talk. Why watch then if u never think we could do damage and i dont mean that in a d way. I just dont understand the thought process. We have been top 15-20 before our last 20 year skid. What did we do then that we aint now. Recruit Jersey like its part of Syracuse, the dmv, and Florida. we had top 15 recruiting classes. we can do it again. Obviously im not huge on negetivety. always super positive.

Dave who?

649b60050a077.image.jpg

No, it's me man; I'm Dave!

Edit: Now I have to see if I can find that on YouTube; I haven't heard that since, like, 1972.

Dave's not here

Last edited by a moderator:
Hiring a db coach because of recruiting from a school that's always good before and after him is a terrible idea

We always throw out the baby with the bathwater. The big unknown about babers was can he recruit.

So now we go opposite in every way. Babers offensive guy from historically irrelevant schools with head coach experience

Well, he's fired so we have to go opposite. D guy coordinator experience but is a good recruiter at a school that's always good forever .

I would've preferred Chesney. Whatever. Either I'm wrong or they'll go oppositesies in three years

The SU AD must think that the most important coaching qualification for staying relevant in the NIL age is being a recruiter. If the talent you develop is going to go elsewhere when they can then you need someone who can replace them quickly.

But if money is the main draw for good talent, then a good recruiter isn't going to overcome that disadvantage. Maybe the donors are looking for evidence that we can get talent here before investing. If so, then someone like Brown can make sense even if he sucks at everything else. He can set a precedent if nothing else.

I personally think it's a slippery slope to burn bridges in this industry and might be more work than it's worth considering there's lower hanging fruit that will still be an upgrade. just an opinion.
Yeah I don't see him trying to bring Georgia recruits with him. Two reasons. First one is, he seems like a straight shooter with the kids - hard to honestly tell a kid who can go play at Georgia that he should go to 'Cuse and it's a better path for him. Second, I doubt he wants to burn bridges. He's telling kids at Georgia who enter the portal to go to Nebraska with Rhule if he thinks that's a good fit, so he's good at maintaining relationships.

My guess is he goes after some Georgia and Nebraska kids in the portal. Also, keep an eye on the name E.J. Barthel. RB coach at Nebraska, has bounced around but has landed back with Rhule a couple times and overlapped with Brown.

Supposedly a top northeast recruiter, especially in NJ... He's from East Rutherford, so might be more of a North Jersey guy.

His coaching resume:

2023: Nebraska (Running Backs)
2022: UConn (Running Backs)
2020-21: Carolina Panthers (Coaching Assistant)
2019: William & Mary (Running Backs/Recruiting Coordinator)
2018: Howard (Running Backs)
2017: Penn State (Recruiting Coordinator)
2016: Temple (Director of Player Personnel)
2014-15: Rutgers (Football Operations & Recruiting)

Asst-OC/Run Game Coordinator? Recruiting Coordinator/Director of Player Development?

Georgia has three of the top 10 2024 recruits in the country coming in, including the top quarterback recruit in the country. It would be really really hard to flip any of them but you never know.
Lol. We're not flipping anyone from Georgia. Great way to immediately set the guy up to fail is to have expectations that don't fit reality.

I can't take much more of this lol.

It would be classic if Wildhack has his cards so close to his vest that the hire comes out of left field with no prior mentions...

This thread and the Mullen thread (in particular) would be shining examples of forum group neurosis!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom