Fran Brown | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown

BillSU

All American
Brown has no experience calling plays - in theory, the OC will handle that duty to start. There’s no guarantee that he can replicate, even partially, the recent success he’s had on the recruiting trail of the south.

All the more reason to keep Jason Beck and Nunzio, maybe even Rocky right where they are. It will be interesting to see what Brown does with the current staff.

I say let him bring in his own staff. Muschamp’s name has been thrown around as DC, that’d be a massive hire who has HC experience to help the transition for Fran. By all accounts he’s well liked, I think he can put together a pretty decent well experienced staff, no need to force our previous staff on him. We clearly are going for a home run or strike out move with Fran Brown, might aswell let him swing.

Last edited:
Brown has no experience calling plays - in theory, the OC will handle that duty to start. There’s no guarantee that he can replicate, even partially, the recent success he’s had on the recruiting trail of the south.

All the more reason to keep Jason Beck and Nunzio, maybe even Rocky right where they are. It will be interesting to see what Brown does with the current staff.
The guy has recruited wherever he's been. Before he was even official, two top northeast players indicated they want to play for him. I believe his talent accumulation will be better than we've had in a LONG time. The question will be whether he can be a head coach of a P4 team. I am not saying he can't, the jury is out. But, I suspect he will bring a lot of excitement in the offseason.

Last edited:
Don’t post much, but Beck love seems strange? CDRW put up perhaps the worst game I’ve ever seen from a D1 QB, and his backups apparently are so bad that we changed the entire offense rather than play them.

I realize that no one can work miracles, but CDRW seemed to regress after working with Beck for two years; feels like that says something about his ability to coach up players?

Don’t post much, but Beck love seems strange? CDRW put up perhaps the worst game I’ve ever seen from a D1 QB, and his backups apparently are so bad that we changed the entire offense rather than play them.

I realize that no one can work miracles, but CDRW seemed to regress after working with Beck for two years; feels like that says something about his ability to coach up players?
I also don’t get the love for Beck. I don’t think he’s awful, but he came with Dr Bob having this aura that he’s the future and a brilliant innovated offensive mind and some seem to not want to let that go even though it seems he’s just an alright coach at this stage.

I say let him bring in his own staff. Muschamp’s name has been thrown around as DC, that’d be a massive hire who has HC experience to help the transition for Fran. By all accounts he’s well liked, I think he can put together a pretty decent well experienced staff, no need to force out previous staff on him. We clearly are going for a home run or strike out move with Fran Brown, might aswell let him swing.
I want it to be but muschamps whole family is from and hoing to georgia. even if he wants too, wife aint going.

Your username is legendary

Brown was at Temple and Rutgers for nearly a decade. He recruited the northeast that entire time.

He should also have carte blanche to build out the staff however he likes. He’s the head coach. If he’s not trusted to do that then he shouldn’t have been hired.

Fran’s the chef, let him buy the groceries.

No.

You don’t post at all. Until now. But welcome. You cannot measure a teacher on one student.

I also don’t get the love for Beck. I don’t think he’s awful, but he came with Dr Bob having this aura that he’s the future and a brilliant innovated offensive mind and some seem to not want to let that go even though it seems he’s just an alright coach at this stage.
Same, although I doubt many coaches are squeezing out much production with a QB that probably had Tommy John surgery and a receiver group that can’t get open or catch

Has anyone ever seen Mames Jungro and James Mungro in the same room together?

I'm still kind of shocked by those last 3 games. I think a lot of football pro's are really looking at it. I'm sure Fran will watch every game several times to look at players. It might appeal to him. He's not a former head coach so he doesn't have a staff to call on. I think he knows Camp from Jersey, it's a possibility. He has to do what he thinks will work for him. I think it's revolutionary, so if he went for it, I would be excited.

Same, although I doubt many coaches are squeezing out much production with a QB that probably had Tommy John surgery and a receiver group that can’t get open or catch
Yep. He definitely didn’t get much help, especially after GS got hurt. One of the things that sticks out to me in a negative way is how long it took to find out Dan Villari is an absolute tank. Should’ve been trying to feed him the ball and get him touches in creative ways from the jump.

Last edited:
I was bored at work last week and read the initial reaction thread between Chesney and Brown. I’m embarrassed for myself.
I wouldn't beat yourself up too much about it. Fran was an outside the box option on the surface that made a ton of sense below the surface. Chesney is exactly what the admin would have done in the past.