Francesca backing JB, absolutely killing complaining SU fan. | Syracusefan.com

Francesca backing JB, absolutely killing complaining SU fan.

JeremyCuse

Renowned lacrosse analyst
Missed the first part of the call but a guy was complaining that JB never changes anything, Mike went on a 5 minute tangent defending JB and somehow brought in Bob Knight, Carneseca, Chaney, St. Johns, etc. Nice to see someone back JB in the mainstream media like that.

I mean, the guy has a point that sometimes JB is resistant to making changes, but Francesa is definitely the wrong guy to be complaining to. He has little to no knowledge of college hoops.

Francesca must like JB. Kind of like Brandon Inge. Total inside joke, sorry to those that don't get it.

Missed the first part of the call but a guy was complaining that JB never changes anything, Mike went on a 5 minute tangent defending JB and somehow brought in Bob Knight, Carneseca, Chaney, St. Johns, etc. Nice to see someone back JB in the mainstream media like that.

francesca is probably the least respected "mainstream media" around.

Although calling him "mainstream media" is a huge stretch at this point. His last few years have been a laughing stock.

"we have a pope. we have a pope. we have a pope. we have a pope. well, ladies and gentlemen we have a pope. anyone have a time? white smoke then what? we have a pope. we have a pope... 15 min later... we have a pope."

"zzzzzzzzzzzzzz" - I WASNT SLEEPING!!!!

Although calling him "mainstream media" is a huge stretch at this point. His last few years have been a laughing stock.

I dont disagree, but his NYC ratings are through the roof and with YES hes pretty much available everywhere. Francesca doesnt know a lot about sports but hes usually spot on about the Yanks and Jets.

I mean, the guy has a point that sometimes JB is resistant to making changes, but Francesa is definitely the wrong guy to be complaining to. He has little to no knowledge of college hoops.
DOn't you remember? He was Seth Davis on CBS before Seth Davis was Seth Davis on CBS!

Can't listen to Francesca..gave him up years ago and assume he's the same. Shows no respect for callers, berates them, thinks he's the smartest guy on the planet. Stinks that the alternate station went fm but I just can't listen to him- would rather have my teeth pulled.

He made the point that a lot of top coaches were (are) one-trick ponies, to the extent that they seldom change the way they do business.

A better point would be that JB must have made some adjustments, as he beat Pitt in the rematch, and reversed the outcome vs. GTown less than a week after being buried.

I think he's funny. There is a station down here in Dallas that tracks him down during Superbowl week & spars with on air. He always brings up how much he is paid. Tries to paint the Ticket guys minimum wage losers without knowing how big they are here. Funny stuff. Completely different approaches to sports talk radio.

Mike doesn't know diddley about college basketball. That was Ruzzo's area. Every March he is forced to talk about it by the callers and you can feel him cringe. Over the years JB has often gone on his program, so Mike says nice things about the Orange.

"we have a pope. we have a pope. we have a pope. we have a pope. well, ladies and gentlemen we have a pope. anyone have a time? white smoke then what? we have a pope. we have a pope... 15 min later... we have a pope."

"zzzzzzzzzzzzzz" - I WASNT SLEEPING!!!!
??

Francesa IS mainstream media. everybody else tries to be him. he & dog basically created the genre, or at least gave it legitmacy.

during the same drive home, you could hear Selig, Stern and Goodell. Eli, Texiera & Jason Kidd. his show is catered the NYCers like myself. we want to hear about our teams, and when shlit hits the fan...we want to hear from the name...like a Commisioner, or the coach of the team the Giants are playing.

he gets the big names on the air, when they need to be on.

does he berate the idiots who call in?? of course, but theyre idiots. he has intelligent conversations all the time as well.

if you dont listen to francessa, i wonder who you people listen too. rome? steven a? mike & mike have become clowns and caricatures of themselves. i dont get it.

this is NYC. we've covered this before, heres what we want to hear...

1. Yankees.
2. Giants
3. Mets
4. Knicks
5. Jets
6. Rangers
8. nets
9. whatever sport is in season and/or in the playoffs.
10. whatever is the topic du jour...golf, the horses, olympics, ncaa bowls & tourney etc.
11. islanders
12. devils

??

Francesa IS mainstream media. everybody else tries to be him. he & dog basically created the genre, or at least gave it legitmacy.

during the same drive home, you could hear Selig, Stern and Goodell. Eli, Texiera & Jason Kidd. his show is catered the NYCers like myself. we want to hear about our teams, and when shlit hits the fan...we want to hear from the name...like a Commisioner, or the coach of the team the Giants are playing.

does he berate the idiots who call in?? of course, but theyre idiots. he has intelligent conversations all the time as well.

if you dont listen to francessa, i wonder who you people listen too. rome? steven a? mike & mike have become clowns and caricatures of themselves. i dont get it.

1. Yankees.
2. Giants
3. Mets
4. Knicks
5. Jets
6. Rangers
8. nets
10. whatever is the topic du jour...golf, the horses, olympics, ncaa bowls & tourney etc.
11. islanders
12. devils

NYC is a great city. The best in the country. It is not the country.

Why in the world would I want to hear yankee talk?

Mike Francessa is the biggest local sports talk guy with out a doubt. But my wife has no idea who he is. He is not mainstream media outside of NYC.

??

1. Yankees.
2. Giants
3. Mets
4. Knicks
5. Jets
6. Rangers
8. nets
11. islanders
12. devils
Hold on. You must have forgotten Rutgizz... :rolleyes:

I think he's funny. There is a station down here in Dallas that tracks him down during Superbowl week & spars with on air. He always brings up how much he is paid. Tries to paint the Ticket guys minimum wage losers without knowing how big they are here. Funny stuff. Completely different approaches to sports talk radio.

Oh yeah, he also isn't shy to mention how many #1 radio shows he has.

??

1. Yankees.
2. Giants
3. Mets
4. Knicks
5. Jets
6. Rangers
8. nets
11. islanders
12. devils

NYC is a great city. The best in the country. It is not the country.

Why in the world would I want to hear yankee talk?

Mike Francessa is the biggest local sports talk guy with out a doubt. But my wife has no idea who he is. He is not mainstream media outside of NYC.
well thats just it. he is the local guy.

the local guy with Goodell on for an hour 1x a month.

you dont get that in other citys.

i guess you are saying he needs to be on espn or nbc or foxsports or whatever to be mainstream and legit.

thats not his niche. his niche is a call from Sal in the Bronx 2nd guessing Girardi...2 mins before Girardi comes on. and 5 minutes later, Eli calls in to go over yesterdays game. followed by 45minutes with David Stern as the NBA is about to tip off for the season.

its fascinating radio.

i get why people in boston dont want to listen, but i dont care about them.

and neither does mike.

its fascinating radio.

I do have to say this is a good way to describe it. He's arrogant, and a lot of times has no idea what he's talking about, but I do kinda have to listen

Loved his Pope announcement. Must have said "The Cardinals" fifty times.
I love when he commentates on non sports events. He's absolutely ridiculous.

He did a great job with Sandy Hook though.

well thats just it. he is the local guy.
i get why people in boston dont want to listen, but i dont care about them.

and neither does mike.

please add chicago, la, houston, atlanta, miami, buffalo, souix city, dallas, vegas, denver, washington dc, portland, san antonio, tampa, jacksonville, macon, nashville, memphis, birmingham, philly, pitt, cleveland, louisville, san diego, detroit, sacramento, boise, oklahoma city, kansas city, and augusta to that list.

please add chicago, la, houston, atlanta, miami, buffalo, souix city, dallas, vegas, denver, washington dc, portland, san antonio, tampa, jacksonville, macon, nashville, memphis, birmingham, philly, pitt, cleveland, louisville, san diego, detroit, sacramento, boise, oklahoma city, kansas city, and augusta to that list.
why would they be listening in the 1st place??

not sure what the point of this is.

christ, i think we just walked into another opportunity to hit a BigFan reference. unlike Philadelphia Phil who actually calls in, is there a silent majority of haters in other towns out there listening to Francessa every day...who are piping hot mad he hasnt discussed the hawks or georgia tech football?

weird

Oh Lord

why would they be listening in the 1st place??

not sure what the point of this is.

christ, i think we just walked into another opportunity to hit a BigFan reference. unlike Philadelphia Phil who actually calls in, is there a silent majority of haters in other towns out there listening to Francessa every day...who are piping hot mad he hasnt discussed the hawks or georgia tech football?

weird

Oh Lord

So how is he mainstream media again? When I think mainstream media... I don't think local sports jocks.

Am I in the twilight zone?

ist2_372282-twilight-zone.jpg