Francesca backing JB, absolutely killing complaining SU fan. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Francesca backing JB, absolutely killing complaining SU fan.

So how is he mainstream media again? When I think mainstream media... I don't think local sports jocks.

Am I in the twilight zone?

ist2_372282-twilight-zone.jpg
then i guess the whole point is, he is different.

NYCers get the best of both worlds, local and national from 1 radio show.

and most knowledgable sports fans, as well as players and front office types...anywhere in the USA, know who he is.

hes a local guy whos mainstream.

then i guess the whole point is, he is different.

NYCers get the best of both worlds, local and national from 1 radio show.

and most knowledgable sports fans, as well as players and front office types...anywhere in the USA, know who he is.

hes a local guy whos mainstream.

I just talked to 2 big sports fans... both live in Atlanta - NFL, NBA, College bball and college football fans both in their upper 20's. Neither have ever heard of him.

1's wife went to Columbia and he has traveled to NYC 10-15 times. He isn't a dumb southerner.

I do have to say this is a good way to describe it. He's arrogant, and a lot of times has no idea what he's talking about, but I do kinda have to listen

Yah, I kinda like his style of interviewing. Hearing him run down a list of teams and having Steve Lappas answer yes or no on whether they can win it all is infinitely more entertaining to me than listening to Mike Golic babble about his brackets (which has potential for a "things I care less about" thread) with Seth Greenberg pretending to care and picking all chalk.

Mike and Dog guessing the ratings for various sporting events was oddly fascinating

Yah, I kinda like his style of interviewing. Hearing him run down a list of teams and having Steve Lappas answer yes or no on whether they can win it all is infinitely more entertaining to me than listening to Mike Golic babble about his brackets (which has potential for a "things I care less about" thread) with Seth Greenberg pretending to care and picking all chalk.
Yes, and heard him today asking Jay Wright about the chances of the various BE teams. It was interesting in how Jay answered him. Because for the ones Jay doesn't like so much in the NCAAT, he would say how well they were coached this season - he did it with JT3 and Buzz. Jay likes LVille and SU in the tourney. He also thinks N Dame has a good team.

Mike and Dog guessing the ratings for various sporting events was oddly fascinating

or when they would go down the list of a team's schedule and predict their record. "lets take a look at the yanks 2nd half schedule. 3 with the blue jays, they should win 2 of 3. 4 with the red sox, thats a split. 3 with the indians, lets give them a sweep. 3 with the orioles, 2 out of 3. 3 with anaheim, lose 2 of 3." then theyd tally it up and tell us what the yanks final record would be lol

dont listen to francessa anymore, does he still do that stuff? it was so stupid yet i loved it.

i don't listen much, only when i'm at my parents place (which makes no sense, since I live in Queens, I can easily listen if i wanted to) but yeah, Mike is still Mike

DOn't you remember? He was Seth Davis on CBS before Seth Davis was Seth Davis on CBS!

I was just about to post that. That was his exact role -- maybe its because I was only 16 or 17, but I thought he was pretty sharp. Listening to him now it can't be possible.

Reactions: MGP
Give me Francesa's show over the crap they have in Boston. WEEI and SportsHub in Boston make me yearn for ESPN Radio and that is bad. Francesa might not be the most knowledgeable guy, but isn't a dbag like Mike Felger in Boston. Boston, New York, Philly local sports radio is the best in the country due to the passion of the fanbases.

Give me Francesa's show over the crap they have in Boston. WEEI and SportsHub in Boston make me yearn for ESPN Radio and that is bad. Francesa might not be the most knowledgeable guy, but isn't a dbag like Mike Felger in Boston. Boston, New York, Philly local sports radio is the best in the country due to the passion of the fanbases.
Francesa knows that if he goes along with any Boeheim trashing Jimmy will never come back on the show. Its all self motivated gentlemen,not real stuff coming from him and he also knows there is a huge Syracuse presence in the Metro area.I always thought he was too smug for my taste. "I hate smug";)

Can't stand Felger, Gresh, and Ordway. Those 3 blowhards suck. Dale and Holley was the best show on WEEI for a while. Don't mind Mutt and Lou. But it's gone down hill bad over the last few years.

I get why people don't like Francesa (I'll admit, half of the reason I listen almost every day is the unintentional comedy that comes with him talking sports he doesn't know and Boomer and Carton fans trolling him), but to deny his presence or his impact on the world of sports talk is pretty ridiculous.

Can't stand Felger, Gresh, and Ordway. Those 3 blowhards suck. Dale and Holley was the best show on WEEI for a while. Don't mind Mutt and Lou. But it's gone down hill bad over the last few years.
Dale was the host you want, somebody who is professional, criticizes when he has too, but isn't looking to be a contrarian and create look at me buzz. Mutt is completely out of his league and Lou is good if baseball is the subject. Felger and Mazz and the old Big Show would force me to turn off the radio. That is what Felger and Ordway do(or Ordway did until weeks ago), and it gets tiresome real fast. Francesca may not have the passion for sports that his listeners have, but he doesn't take stupid positions just to get callers riled up and call in. If Boston fans realized the Boston radio hosts are playing a character and didn't fall for their bait the shows would be a lot easier to listen too.
If EEI had Bob Ryan and Michael Holley their afternoon show would kill Felger & Mazz.

Yes, and heard him today asking Jay Wright about the chances of the various BE teams. It was interesting in how Jay answered him. Because for the ones Jay doesn't like so much in the NCAAT, he would say how well they were coached this season - he did it with JT3 and Buzz. Jay likes LVille and SU in the tourney. He also thinks N Dame has a good team.

Yes that was interesting.

I see you've never listened to anything in Philly.

Yes that was interesting.

I see you've never listened to anything in Philly.
I never said the hosts are what make the radio shows in Philly good, I mentioned the fanbases. Philly fans are as passionate about their teams as New York and Boston fans. Boston local sports talk radio has 2 stations that both have AWFUL hosts who spend their time taking positions a la Skip Bayless to just stoke flames to generate idiots callers or act as company suits for the local teams their stations has the broadcast rights too. I am sure Philly is similar to Boston. WFAN had the best show Mike and Maddog and it was a great show until Mike's ego pushed Chris Russo out and both of them have suffered.