Francis? | Syracusefan.com

Francis?

jr4750

All American
Can you double check my predictions for presumed accuracy...

Chance Nerlens Noel comes to SU
Yes: 25%
No: 75%

Chance NN plays at another School besides SU - (KU)
Yes: 40%
No: 60%

Chance NN skips college and goes right to the pros
Yes: 65%
No: 35%

Chance BF incident, forces JB to retire, resign, ip so facto effects NN
Yes: 20%
No: 80%

Those %s don't add up! but still would be nice to hear Francis' take.

Those %s don't add up! but still would be nice to hear Francis' take.
going all by gut, with rationale thought or mathematical certainty behind it. I also feel there are intangibles that each have uniquely that don't effect the other proposed questions.

For instance, the chance he skips college completely does not entirely correlate to what school he picks if he chooses that option.

think more Lobachevsky than Euclid. Outside the box!

What about the one and done rule...how does he go directly from prep to the NBA?

What about the one and done rule...how does he go directly from prep to the NBA?
believe he would be prepping? I think that is what has been assumed. He also reclassified for 2013, not sure how that plays a part.

Can you double check my predictions for presumed accuracy...

Chance Nerlens Noel comes to SU
Yes: 25%
No: 75%
-No disagreement at the moment. Anything can happen though, as I would never count out Hop on working his magic here.

Chance NN plays at another School besides SU - (KU)
Yes: 40%
No: 60%
50-50 Everybody thinks it's between SU, UConn, and UK. Don't sleep on Providence in this battle as well.

Chance NN skips college and goes right to the pros
Yes: 65%
No: 35%
50-50 His camp has talked about playing overseas since last year. So it's something that has obviously been discussed.

Chance BF incident, forces JB to retire, resign, ip so facto effects NN
Yes: 20%
No: 80%
He loves Hopkins, so as long as Hop is still around I don't think that should be much of a factor. Expect negative recruiting to be at an all time high against SU over the next few years. I'm very interested to see how 2013 will pan out. The staff had big plans for 2013/14

He loves Hopkins, so as long as Hop is still around I don't think that should be much of a factor. Expect negative recruiting to be at an all time high against SU over the next few years. I'm very interested to see how 2013 will pan out. The staff had big plans for 2013/14
Thanks. I wonder how you negative recruit off this incident? " SU has hidden a child molestor for years, don't go there..." Any kid in 2013 or further out has to know JB is towards the end of his career. As long as the school affirms Hopkins placement, there is no threat of a change in coaching. Furthermore, This is seemingly at a point outside the purview of NCAA violations, so unless that changes, we should avoid that angle as well.

The negative recruiting would have more to do with possible NCAA sanctions for "lack of institutional control" which could result in reduction of scholarships or even a post-season ban. Nothing scares a recruit that plans on being at a school for only one or two seasons like, "pity you won't get to play in the NCAA tourney if you go there". The NCAA isn't likely to be that severe given recent punishments handed out...see UConn.

No disagreement at the moment. Anything can happen though, as I would never count out Hop on working his magic here.

Wait Francis...are you now implying Hopkins is in fact a witch? Uh oh...sounds like we need another sub-forum.

meant Kentucky, wrong placement of initials.
ah, gotcha. honest mistake

Am I the only one that wonders how/why Kansas refers to themselves as KU, despite being called the "University of Kansas" (not Kansas University)? Seems backwards to me...(see: Kentucky)

Am I the only one that wonders how/why Kansas refers to themselves as KU, despite being called the "University of Kansas" (not Kansas University)? Seems backwards to me...(see: Kentucky)
I'm confused also
http://www.ku.edu/

I have asked this question to alums and they have said there is no official reason for it. Just what became tradition.

They have been refered to as KU for at least the last 50 years. This is nothing new. One reason might be Kansas State College (changed to University approx. 1958) being close by.

He is prepping right now ...the rule goes that you can enter the draft if you are 21 (I believe) and are 1 year out from your graduating high school class. He would be eligible to enter the NBA draft in 2013.
There is no "one and done rule" ... it just fits the parameters of what was outlined above ... that the kid has been out of school 1 year beyond their graduating high school class. Some kids have avoided the college route and gone to Europe directly out of high school and then attempted to enter the NBA draft the following year.

He is prepping right now ...the rule goes that you can enter the draft if you are 21 (I believe) and are 1 year out from your graduating high school class. He would be eligible to enter the NBA draft in 2013.
There is no "one and done rule" ... it just fits the parameters of what was outlined above ... that the kid has been out of school 1 year beyond their graduating high school class. Some kids have avoided the college route and gone to Europe directly out of high school and then attempted to enter the NBA draft the following year.

Thanks for the clarification...I appreciate it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom