Frank and Taurean... | Syracusefan.com

Frank and Taurean...

supp

Hall of Fame
That's going to be a dynamite one-two punch next year. Taurean has a college body already and some real skills. Hard to believe that there are even 25 freshmen better than him, let alone 70-some. Frank is always looking to push it and has some underrated quicks. If that jumpshot keeps developing, he'll be a superstar.

As for this year's team...man for that last 10 minutes of the first and the first 10 minutes of the second, they looked really impressive. This team can shoot, they can run, they've got bangers and shotblockers underneath, great team speed, crazy length. I feel like we've gone back in time to the late 1980s. And just wait till Lydon gets going.

That's going to be a dynamite one-two punch next year. Taurean has a college body already and some real skills. Hard to believe that there are even 25 freshmen better than him, let alone 70-some. Frank is always looking to push it and has some underrated quicks. If that jumpshot keeps developing, he'll be a superstar.

As for this year's team...man for that last 10 minutes of the first and the first 10 minutes of the second, they looked really impressive. This team can shoot, they can run, they've got bangers and shotblockers underneath, great team speed, crazy length. I feel like we've gone back in time to the late 1980s. And just wait till Lydon gets going.
These guys are examples of what recruiting is about. A coach making his own individual talent and projection evaluation. Jimmy been right more often than not.

These guys are examples of what recruiting is about. A coach making his own individual talent and projection evaluation. Jimmy been right more often than not.
I watched the TT videos and this kid make an unexpected leap over the summer. Lets the game come to him, keeps the ball high, has a variety of solid post moves with a high ball IQ. What a find!!

There was one sequence with Howard during the Colgate game where he was really in charge of the team. I was thinking "general". But I'm not ready to compare him to the The General just yet. But it was there for a moment.

Although Battle did not have a good shooting game, I really think Battle is going to be really good for us. I thought Battle would be our leader scorer this season until I saw AW3's step-back jumper. AW3 can really light 'em up. I think AW3 is the most impressive player so far only because I did not expect him to be this good. I'm very fond of Gillon's game also. Howard hitting threes is huge.

Lydon has to start shooting better.

I watched the TT videos and this kid make an unexpected leap over the summer. Lets the game come to him, keeps the ball high, has a variety of solid post moves with a high ball IQ. What a find!!

He is so impressive with the ball in the postn. He keeps it high with two hands on it, elbows in front, elevated straight up, it's picture perfect! You can almost scratch him in for MIP in the ACC next year when he gets big minutes.

IIRC people were saying the same thing about Lydon last year. JB just knows how to find gus that'll excel in his system.

So, Howard's vision is better than a player who set the all time NCAA career assists record... in THREE years?

Beyond absurd. You're entitled to your opinion, but that is indefensible malarkey.

Let's see - greatest point guards to ever play at SU. There is Pearl and Sherm and......

If Frank Howard can join that list 3 years from now, we can continue the debate.

not mad at all that this is an argument right now

When the Boeheims Army group got together a few of them lavished TT with praise. Devo was very impressed with TT. It's no surprise that he is going to be a huge asset to the program... likely sooner than later. Credit JB with a keen eye for talent and finding kids that many overlook.

Boeheim's Army Big on Current Syracuse Squad

Last edited:
I never got the whole "sky is falling" mentality with Frank's shot last year. His form wasn't all that bad. . . It wasn't a huge correction. I doubt he shoots the lights out all year obviously, but all the people saying he could never play PG for us effectively because he would never have to be guarded were bonkers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom