Frank Anselem portal to Louisville | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Frank Anselem portal to Louisville

Guess other Power conference programs think more of Frank than some of our dope fans who didn’t even want him as 3rd center
That is a good list, can't see it, he did little to nothing with the Dawgs.

Most of those teams are just more desperate for a backup big. If he entered the portal a month ago, he would likely be at a A10 or lower level.
But he didn’t. We were talking about him being third guy here, i am not saying he is great by any stretch but he would have been worthy of the spot. Let’s see who is up next!

They're getting some size.
Season 3 Showtime GIF by Dexter

I heard that his wife/gf in Georgia had a baby and encouraged him to get some NIL $.
Serious question, does a 3rd string center get NIL money? If so, I can't imagine it's very much.

Serious question, does a 3rd string center get NIL money? If so, I can't imagine it's very much.
He's wiry and can move well enough to guard shooting bigs on the perimeter. He could play forward.

I did research on this for a talk I gave at Newhouse a couple months ago.

Starters on D1 / P5 teams make an average of about $75-85,000.
Starters on a G5 team make about $25-35,000.
Bench players make less, but most of them get something.

Football players probably have greater disparity in NIL money within a team, since the rosters are so much bigger, although the dollars are bigger, too.

Basketball teams probably have more similar NIL numbers among members of a team, just because the budget can be spread among fewer of them.

Lower divisions (D2 and even D3) are also getting NIL money, but it's more like $5-10,000 a year, and not everyone gets money, only the star players.

On the other end of the spectrum, star players on good teams make more. All-Americans can get anywhere from $2-5M on the football side, especially QBs.

You have to look at it like it's a continuum - a market-driven price.

You see that experienced guys in the portal who fill a need for a good team can command six figures. That's kind of the market, but it seems like this spring, basketball prices have been rising for the best 50-100 transfers.

Football players probably have greater disparity in NIL money within a team, since the rosters are so much bigger, although the dollars are bigger, too.

Basketball teams probably have more similar NIL numbers among members of a team, just because the budget can be spread among fewer of them.

Lower divisions (D2 and even D3) are also getting NIL money, but it's more like $5-10,000 a year, and not everyone gets money, only the star players.

On the other end of the spectrum, star players on good teams make more. All-Americans can get anywhere from $2-5M on the football side, especially QBs.

You see that experienced guys in the portal who fill a need for a good team can command six figures. That's kind of the market, but it seems like this spring, basketball prices have been rising for the best 50-100 transfers.
I think your numbers are off and a bit outdated. I’d wager our starting 5 makes close to 2 million by themselves.

I think your numbers are off and a bit outdated. I’d wager our starting 5 makes close to 2 million by themselves.

Maybe altogether, but not individually, and even then I think that's kind of high.

Are these guys all getting $400K each? I don't think so, not even close to that.

When Edwards was looking to leave, that was our increased offer to keep him. Whatever we paid to get him was probably half of that, maybe even less.

Judah got paid more, but who is going to pay $400K for a bunch of recruits who were not even Top 150? What was Justin Taylor making, maybe $50K? Chris Bell - how much do you think he was getting?

Everyone focuses on the high end of the market, and the guys who are getting money to go somewhere else. You don't have to spend that kind of money to get average guys in the door in the first place.

My numbers were current as of the January window. As I said above, it seems like basketball prices are going up this spring, as bidding becomes more intense.

But even then, around 2,000 Division 1 basketball players entered the portal so far this year. That's nearly half of every roster - 5.5 guys per team in all of Division 1 hoops.

It's only the top 100 or so who are getting 6 figures. Those are the ones the sportswriters are writing about. What do you think the other 1700 of them are getting?

You have to AVERAGE all the numbers, not just cherry pick the top end.

I don’t think the Cards are a tourney team. Brand new team and a team that was purchased plain and simple. They must have spent out the ass on NIL this year with the 11 guys they landed. Unless Kelsey finds the kind of magic that Tang found at KSt then I don’t see it. A few months to get 11 new guys running your system when basically all of them are there because you offered a bigger check? Meh.

I think they do ok but not good enough and then question marks arise as too them paying that much the following year.

I don’t think the Cards are a tourney team. Brand new team and a team that was purchased plain and simple. They must have spent out the ass on NIL this year with the 11 guys they landed. Unless Kelsey finds the kind of magic that Tang found at KSt then I don’t see it. A few months to get 11 new guys running your system when basically all of them are there because you offered a bigger check? Meh.

I think they do ok but not good enough and then question marks arise as too them paying that much the following year.
Maybe they're hoping to catch lightning in a bottle, the way NC St. did this past season with their 7 (5 starters) portal group.

Maybe they're hoping to catch lightning in a bottle, the way NC St. did this past season with their 7 (5 starters) portal group.

I’d say Kst is their hope. First year coach, completely new team (Nc st had a foundation plus Keatts has been there). Hepburn is their big haul and a good one too.

I think he did a pretty good job. Their roster is definitely better than ours

I think he did a pretty good job. Their roster is definitely better than ours

No way to say at this point. You could say last years roster for the Cards was better than ours on paper… I think the portal era makes it such that you can’t lay down that claim this early.

Doing a good job and putting it together are two different things. Replacing an entire team and installing a system in 3 months is a lot no matter who you are as a coach.

So Frankie might be getting 30-40k?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom