Frank Anselem portal to Louisville | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Frank Anselem portal to Louisville

I don’t think the Cards are a tourney team. Brand new team and a team that was purchased plain and simple. They must have spent out the ass on NIL this year with the 11 guys they landed. Unless Kelsey finds the kind of magic that Tang found at KSt then I don’t see it. A few months to get 11 new guys running your system when basically all of them are there because you offered a bigger check? Meh.

I think they do ok but not good enough and then question marks arise as too them paying that much the following year.
eh...basketball really isnt that complicated...(if you force your players to learn complex systems then yeah it would be difficult, perhaps)

but having 11 new guys isnt that big a deal imo...if they are good they are good...

I dont know their roster well enough to say one way or another what I think they will do this year...but i tuink its a matter of talent plain and simple

we saw how much continuity mattereed with JB's "best class ever" lol

eh...basketball really isnt that complicated...(if you force your players to learn complex systems then yeah it would be difficult, perhaps)

but having 11 new guys isnt that big a deal imo...if they are good they are good...

I dont know their roster well enough to say one way or another what I think they will do this year...but i tuink its a matter of talent plain and simple

we saw how much continuity mattereed with JB's "best class ever" lol
Went from 17 wins to 20 wins despite some team chaos, injuries.

So Frankie might be getting 30-40k?

Probably more than that. He has played a few years at some name programs. Maybe not played a lot, but he's a big man and there aren't a lot of them around. I could see him easily getting $100-200K. He's got 3 or 4 years of experience by now, right?

Probably more than that. He has played a few years at some name programs. Maybe not played a lot, but he's a big man and there aren't a lot of them around. I could see him easily getting $100-200K. He's got 3 or 4 years of experience by now, right?
That’s more than you said starters get. Did you forget some zeroes in your previous comment?

That’s more than you said starters get. Did you forget some zeroes in your previous comment?

Let me spell it out for you. It's like when you are starting out in your career.
They don't have to pay you much when it's your first job.

How much do you think they paid to get guys ranked between 150 and 200 to sign for us? Answer: not over $100K per player, probably not even close to that.

It's not a union job; you don't get automatic annual raises. You get a raise by finding a new employer.

Jesse Edwards was here 3 years, and turned into a very solid player before he got that bigger offer. We didn't have to pay anywhere close to that to get him.

That's why half of all college basketball players went in the portal - to try to get a raise.

Let me spell it out for you. It's like when you are starting out in your career.
They don't have to pay you much when it's your first job.

How much do you think they paid to get guys ranked between 150 and 200 to sign for us? Answer: not over $100K per player, probably not even close to that.

It's not a union job; you don't get automatic annual raises. You get a raise by finding a new employer.

Jesse Edwards was here 3 years, and turned into a very solid player before he got that bigger offer. We didn't have to pay anywhere close to that to get him.

That's why half of all college basketball players went in the portal - to try to get a raise.
I understand that. You also don't have to speak/write to me like I'm five. You said, "Starters on D1 / P5 teams make an average of about $75-85,000." I gave you the opportunity to amend those numbers if you mistakenly wrote a lower figure, If you're sticking to those numbers, paying a backup like Frank $100,000 makes zero sense.

How did Louisville land 5 solid to really good guards on their roster? They have a good point guard who played for Kelsey at Charleston, Chucky Hepburn from Wisconsin (who was a big loss for the Badgers), PG Koren Johnson from Washington, James Madison’s leading scorer who was the Sun Belt player of the year, and JVonne Hadley from Colorado. Where is all that playing time gonna come from? Are some of these guys small forwards? We don’t have anywhere near that kind of proven production coming in, even if Chance is healthy.

They also have a slew of forwards and big guys, more than we do. Anselem will be their third string center at best. I’m surprised we couldn’t land Waterman considering our backup center, McLeod, will still be working his way back from injury.

Last edited:
How did Louisville land 5 solid to really good guards on their roster? They have a good point guard who played for Kelsey at Charleston, Chucky Hepburn from Wisconsin (who was a big loss for the Badgers), PG Koren Johnson from Washington, James Madison’s leading scorer who was the Sun Belt player of the year, and JVonne Hadley from Colorado. Where is all that playing time gonna come from? Are some of these guys small forwards? We don’t have anywhere near that kind of proven production coming in, even if Chance is healthy.

They also have a slew of forwards and big guys, more than we do. Anselem will be their third string center at best. I’m surprised we couldn’t land Waterman considering our backup center, McLeod, will still be working his way back from injury.
Waterman is going to start at the 4 or 5 for Louisville.

LOL - Your last sentence. “we saw how much continuity mattereed with JB's "best class ever" lol” That was about Louisville?
i was saying that continuity didnt help the last years at SU...so it doesnt guarantee anything

you would think a 6 member class playing together for 2 or 3 years...would mean gelling and cohesion on the court...and we saw the exact opposite of that

seems they are gearing up for another round of that if they get kiyan anthony...going big on freshman...hopefully it works this time

I’ll take all the bets that Louisville doesn’t end up in the tournament. Too many people here just look at names and stats. That team is not anything special at all.

I understand that. You also don't have to speak/write to me like I'm five. You said, "Starters on D1 / P5 teams make an average of about $75-85,000." I gave you the opportunity to amend those numbers if you mistakenly wrote a lower figure, If you're sticking to those numbers, paying a backup like Frank $100,000 makes zero sense.

It costs that much to get them. After players have experience, they have leverage to earn more. Those numbers are the average. You change teams to get more money.

How much did we pay Hima? More or less than $50k?

How much did we pay Justin Taylor? More than $50k or less?

How much did we pay Patterson? Anything at all?

How much do you think Copeland got from McNeese State? More or less than $100k? How much do you think we were paying him? More or less than $75k?

Frank is in his 4th year, and he’s 6-11. How many of those guys are still available after most of the top 100 transfers have been taken?

Do you think teams over pay late in the window to fill holes in their li rip?

It costs that much to get them. After players have experience, they have leverage to earn more. Those numbers are the average. You change teams to get more money.

How much did we pay Hima? More or less than $50k?

How much did we pay Justin Taylor? More than $50k or less?

How much did we pay Patterson? Anything at all?

How much do you think Copeland got from McNeese State? More or less than $100k? How much do you think we were paying him? More or less than $75k?

Frank is in his 4th year, and he’s 6-11. How many of those guys are still available after most of the top 100 transfers have been taken?

Do you think teams over pay late in the window to fill holes in their li rip?
What are we doing here? All you need to say is your original numbers were off. You said that P5 starters made an average of 75-85k and then proceed to list 3 bench players from last year two of which were the last players on the bench. The reality is P5 starters make way more than what you originally said.

What are we doing here? All you need to say is your original numbers were off. You said that P5 starters made an average of 75-85k and then proceed to list 3 bench players from last year two of which were the last players on the bench. The reality is P5 starters make way more than what you originally said.
They’re not. Do the math. Half our basketball roster last year made less than the average.

Half of our roster are not starters. You are not even close. I speak to coaches around the country on a weekly basis and your numbers are way off.

I mean, the information is out there, just go look.

Here is an article that talks about how much college athletes earn from social media posts. This one is about 18 months old. I have updated number in excerpts from my presentation below.

The one is an anonymous survey of 4 and 5 star athletes right now who share how much they are being paid conducted by 24/7 sports. This is from 90 days ago.

The self-reported range is from around $70K to nearly $1M, with a bunch in the low to mid six figures.
Remember, these are the top 75 players. Not 3 stars.

Podcaster Income
•Entry Level = $500-900 per 10K Downloads
•Sports Celebrities Can Earn Millions
•Why Are Podcasts Popular?
–Audience: You can listen while multi-tasking or driving, convenient way to pass time & gain greater insight / connection to the personality
•Content Providers – Easy Entry to Market, Audience Conditioned to Expect Content

Types of College / Sports Entrepreneurs
•Influencers – nearly every athlete has social media followers, uses it to promote his/her career
•Social Media used to announce college choice, transfer or going pro, endorsements (NIL)
•NIL brings Athletes / Influencers from Social Media to Mass Media (TV, national brands)
•Influencers Leverage Audience Expectations To Grow Audience, Income
–Paige Spirinac – Golf Influencer (former pro) (4M followers = $3M)
–Olivia Dunne (5.1M followers = $1-2M / year)
–Steph Curry (57M followers - $400K/post) – NBA Star, Social Media Becomes 3rd Income Stream, after traditional endorsements
–Dwayne (The Rock) Johnson ($1.7M / year from 398M Instagram followers!). Social Media reinforces his other projects (movies, WWE, endorsements) – Net Worth $800M

Closer Look at College
NIL and Influencer Income

•Livvy Dunne (LSU Gymnast, Clothing Spokesperson, Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Model) –
–Earns $30K – 40K per Instagram post, $12-18K per TikTok video, Biggest Single Endorsement to date $500K, Earns ~ $1-2M per Year
•Elite College Athletes (e.g., Deion Sanders’ Son, Shadeur) = $2-5M / Year in Name, Image & Likeness
•Appearance Fees - $2,000 to 5,000 per Activity (e.g. Autograph signings, Personal Appearances, Camps)
•Annual Stipends for Starting P5 Athletes = ~ $ 50-75,000 / Year
•Div. 1, but lower leagues = ~ 15-25,000 per player per year
•Lower Divisions (D2 and D3) - ~ $3,500 / Year

Here's a chart that shows ranges of pay scales for football players - current data - by position.

GAcu-tBWAAAHrim.jpg

Half of our roster are not starters. You are not even close. I speak to coaches around the country on a weekly basis and your numbers are way off.

Current information for football. There is a huge premium paid for elite, and scarce, talent.
Notice how big the swing is, based on who the elite athletes are vs. the others. The lowest 2/3 of the chart are getting paid much less than people probably expect to be the case. Not everybody gets a big bag.

Scholarships are still enough to get 3 star talent, and maybe a little more. There are many ways to provide some living money to players - grant in aid money, financial aid, work/study jobs, NIL endorsement opportunities, signing events, etc.

It's not just one check for every guy. Packages get put together. You don't use all your cash where other avenues like financial aid could fill in the gaps, and give that money to the player on the government's dime.

Attachments

• GAcu-tBWAAAHrim.jpg
    GAcu-tBWAAAHrim.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 9
I mean, the information is out there, just go look.

Here is an article that talks about how much college athletes earn from social media posts. This one is about 18 months old. I have updated number in excerpts from my presentation below.

The one is an anonymous survey of 4 and 5 star athletes right now who share how much they are being paid conducted by 24/7 sports. This is from 90 days ago.

The self-reported range is from around $70K to nearly $1M, with a bunch in the low to mid six figures.
Remember, these are the top 75 players. Not 3 stars.

Podcaster Income
•Entry Level = $500-900 per 10K Downloads
•Sports Celebrities Can Earn Millions
•Why Are Podcasts Popular?
–Audience: You can listen while multi-tasking or driving, convenient way to pass time & gain greater insight / connection to the personality
•Content Providers – Easy Entry to Market, Audience Conditioned to Expect Content

Types of College / Sports Entrepreneurs
•Influencers – nearly every athlete has social media followers, uses it to promote his/her career
•Social Media used to announce college choice, transfer or going pro, endorsements (NIL)
•NIL brings Athletes / Influencers from Social Media to Mass Media (TV, national brands)
•Influencers Leverage Audience Expectations To Grow Audience, Income
–Paige Spirinac – Golf Influencer (former pro) (4M followers = $3M)
–Olivia Dunne (5.1M followers = $1-2M / year)
–Steph Curry (57M followers - $400K/post) – NBA Star, Social Media Becomes 3rd Income Stream, after traditional endorsements
–Dwayne (The Rock) Johnson ($1.7M / year from 398M Instagram followers!). Social Media reinforces his other projects (movies, WWE, endorsements) – Net Worth $800M

Closer Look at College
NIL and Influencer Income

•Livvy Dunne (LSU Gymnast, Clothing Spokesperson, Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Model) –
–Earns $30K – 40K per Instagram post, $12-18K per TikTok video, Biggest Single Endorsement to date $500K, Earns ~ $1-2M per Year
•Elite College Athletes (e.g., Deion Sanders’ Son, Shadeur) = $2-5M / Year in Name, Image & Likeness
•Appearance Fees - $2,000 to 5,000 per Activity (e.g. Autograph signings, Personal Appearances, Camps)
•Annual Stipends for Starting P5 Athletes = ~ $ 50-75,000 / Year
•Div. 1, but lower leagues = ~ 15-25,000 per player per year
•Lower Divisions (D2 and D3) - ~ $3,500 / Year

Here's a chart that shows ranges of pay scales for football players - current data - by position.

View attachment 241390
You referenced an article about NIL through brand deals and another article about football NIL. Nobody is referring to money made through brand deals when they are talking about NIL here. They are talking about money that is paid through the collectives. I will say it again your number of 75-85k for power 5 starting basketball players is extremely inaccurate. None of these NIL deals through collectives are public information so the only way you can find out is if you know coaches or people involved in the programs, which I do.

Current information for football. There is a huge premium paid for elite, and scarce, talent.
Notice how big the swing is, based on who the elite athletes are vs. the others. The lowest 2/3 of the chart are getting paid much less than people probably expect to be the case. Not everybody gets a big bag.

Scholarships are still enough to get 3 star talent, and maybe a little more. There are many ways to provide some living money to players - grant in aid money, financial aid, work/study jobs, NIL endorsement opportunities, signing events, etc.

It's not just one check for every guy. Packages get put together. You don't use all your cash where other avenues like financial aid could fill in the gaps, and give that money to the player on the government's dime.
Again this is a basketball board nobody is talking about football here. You can show me all the statistics you can find but you keep changing the topic about power 5 starters in basketball in which your number is way off.

You referenced an article about NIL through brand deals and another article about football NIL. Nobody is referring to money made through brand deals when they are talking about NIL here. They are talking about money that is paid through the collectives. I will say it again your number of 75-85k for power 5 starting basketball players is extremely inaccurate. None of these NIL deals through collectives are public information so the only way you can find out is if you know coaches or people involved in the programs, which I do.

They're all kind of connected. They are not on the university's payroll (yet). These are local sponsorships, like with car dealers, insurance agencies, and so on. Yes, there are collectives, but where do you think the money is coming from (businesses, mostly) and what do you think the athlete is doing for the money. Remember, this is "licensing income" of their name and likeness. They are expected to promote some commercial interest. That's where the money comes from.

When do you suppose Livvy Dunne or Steph Curry gets all that money for a single post on any particular social platform? Because there's a product placement. This is all advertising. Advertising is always ABOUT something, using celebrities and sex appeal to sell that product. It's not about Judah Mintz.

Again this is a basketball board nobody is talking about football here. You can show me all the statistics you can find but you keep changing the topic about power 5 starters in basketball in which your number is way off.

The numbers are roughly the same. Look at the chart - the top 5% get six figures, most get in the $50K range, and the rest get around $25K or so. But that are many sources of revenue to supplement (and make up) these numbers. I mean, go read some stuff.

The numbers are roughly the same. Look at the chart - the top 5% get six figures, most get in the $50K range, and the rest get around $25K or so. But that are many sources of revenue to supplement (and make up) these numbers. I mean, go read some stuff.
Alright this is pointless because you clearly cannot admit you are wrong. I don't need to read anything because I speak to coaches across the country often about NIL. Not only is your number wrong but you are not even close.

And if you think the top quarterbacks in the transfer portal are only making $350,000 you are out of your mind.

Here's basketball. This is from 8 months ago. So go find more current info. This is in the ballpark.
I'm sure you'll disagree.

Again, these numbers are for P5 starters - roughly the top the top 4 or 5% of all Division 1's 1200 portal entrants. Our numbers are not wildly out of line with this article, although I'm sure prices are surprising some people.

Candid Coaches: What NIL price is a projected high-major starter in the transfer looking portal looking for?​

Name, image and likeness has changed the game when it comes to recruiting transfers​

Gary Parrish

By Gary Parrish

Aug 31, 2023 at 11:54 am ET•5 min read

06-candid-coaches-2023-player-endorse.png
Kim O'Reilly, CBS Sports
CBS Sports college basketball insiders Gary Parrish and Matt Norlander spent a month surveying 100-plus Division I men's basketball coaches for our annual Candid Coaches series. They polled across the sport's landscape: some of the biggest names in college basketball, but also small-school assistants in low-major leagues. Coaches agreed to share unfiltered opinions in exchange for anonymity. We asked them 10 questions, and will post the results over a three-week span.

There is nothing more talked about in college athletics these days than student-athletes finally securing name, image and likeness rights around the same time the one-time transfer waiver became a thing. Those two developments have combined to change college basketball in a variety of dramatic ways.
Recruiting high school prospects is no longer as important as it was in previous eras. Roster-building and developing a team over a span of two or three years is increasingly difficult. Organizing collectives to more or less buy or keep desirable players is very much a part of the game at pretty much all levels.
But what are these players really getting?
What's fact? What's fiction?

We've all heard stories -- big and small. But it's often difficult to sift through the tales and figure out exactly what's exaggerated or even made up. So, with this in mind, we decided to go straight to the men who are operating in this world every day and ask roughly 100 college basketball coaches the following question:

Based on your experience recruiting via the transfer portal, approximately what NIL price is a projected starter at the high-major level looking for in college basketball?​

Less than $100,0007.5%
Somewhere between $100,000 and $200,00025.5%
Somewhere between $200,000 and $300,00040.4%
Somewhere between $300,000 and $400,00014.9%
More than $400,00011.7%

Quotes that stood out​

• "Like anything, there are outliers in both directions. But I would say an average would be about $150-250,000. There are a lot of schools who are driving up the market where it is getting out of control. [But I'm] not complaining because if I was them I'd be doing it as well."
  • "I lost [an OK] player to a [power-conference] school for $200,000."
  • "You have bozo-schools offering insane numbers, and typically those coaches get fired. We lost a guy when we offered over $200,000 -- and he would have helped us. But we were blown away by the offer a Pac-12 school made."
  • "I do know between $200k-$400k were numbers talked about when our former player [at the mid-major level] transferred [to a high-major]."
  • "We have (at the mid-major level] been asked for as little as $30,000, and for as much as $400,000, [for a transfer]."
  • "I don't think everybody is getting what they tell people they're getting. That's why I think it would be better if all of this had to be documented and made publicly available. That would stop a lot of the bullshit. But, yeah, the number is about $200,000. If my staff targets a good transfer, we know we better be able to tell him we can get him at least that -- or we're just wasting our time."

The takeaway​

We wanted to be very specific with the way we phrased this question, largely because we were surveying coaches at all levels of the sport, and the so-called price for a transfer at one level is obviously different than it is at another. Beyond that, most fans care mostly about what's happening at the tip-top of the sport. So we decided to ask specifically about transfers who project as starters at the high-major level.
What are they really getting?

Some low-major and mid-major coaches politely declined to answer because they said they simply do not swim in those waters and don't have a good grasp for the market. We appreciated the honesty. But roughly 100 coaches did answer to the best of their ability, and we came away with the impression that transfers who project as high-major starters are typically looking for something between $200,000 and $300,000 -- and often getting promised around $200,000 in NIL deals to enroll at a new school.
Are some getting more? Yes. Are some getting less? Yes.
There are outliers on both ends.
But most coaches told us the floor for transfers who project as high-major starters is around $150,000 -- and then what amounts to a bidding war can and will take things much higher. For what it's worth, many coaches told us SEC schools -- and a few other big brands from other conferences, but mostly SEC schools -- are the ones that tend to drive up prices. (It just means more and all that.) And one other tidbit coaches offered up is that good transfers are almost always more expensive than good high school players because good transfers are usually proven commodities who are older and more likely to make an immediate impact than 99% of high school graduates entering college.

Do all coaches love the current state of things?
Absolutely not.
They now find themselves having to do things they did not get into this profession to do -- like rally boosters to donate to collectives and then use that money to negotiate with parents or grassroots coaches or whomever needs to be negotiated with. And it's especially hard for mid-major coaches who sometimes have their best players bought straight off of their campuses deep in the calendar. A perfect system, this is not.

But the smartest coaches have mostly stopped complaining about NIL deals, at least publicly, and started evolving and adjusting to their new realities. They don't all think it's sensible that somebody averaging 11 points and seven rebounds for a middle-of-the-pack power-conference team is getting hundreds of thousands of dollars. But most of them seem to understand that there's no going back now, and they know that unless they're working off the court to ensure they're competitive in the NIL space, at least relative to their conference foes, it's going to be difficult to turn around and be competitive on the court when things tip off each November.

Here's basketball. This is from 8 months ago. So go find more current info. This is in the ballpark.
I'm sure you'll disagree.

Again, these numbers are for P5 starters - roughly the top the top 4 or 5% of all Division 1's 1200 portal entrants. Our numbers are not wildly out of line with this article, although I'm sure prices are surprising some people.

Candid Coaches: What NIL price is a projected high-major starter in the transfer looking portal looking for?​

Name, image and likeness has changed the game when it comes to recruiting transfers​

Gary Parrish

By Gary Parrish

Aug 31, 2023 at 11:54 am ET•5 min read

06-candid-coaches-2023-player-endorse.png
Kim O'Reilly, CBS Sports
CBS Sports college basketball insiders Gary Parrish and Matt Norlander spent a month surveying 100-plus Division I men's basketball coaches for our annual Candid Coaches series. They polled across the sport's landscape: some of the biggest names in college basketball, but also small-school assistants in low-major leagues. Coaches agreed to share unfiltered opinions in exchange for anonymity. We asked them 10 questions, and will post the results over a three-week span.

There is nothing more talked about in college athletics these days than student-athletes finally securing name, image and likeness rights around the same time the one-time transfer waiver became a thing. Those two developments have combined to change college basketball in a variety of dramatic ways.
Recruiting high school prospects is no longer as important as it was in previous eras. Roster-building and developing a team over a span of two or three years is increasingly difficult. Organizing collectives to more or less buy or keep desirable players is very much a part of the game at pretty much all levels.
But what are these players really getting?
What's fact? What's fiction?

We've all heard stories -- big and small. But it's often difficult to sift through the tales and figure out exactly what's exaggerated or even made up. So, with this in mind, we decided to go straight to the men who are operating in this world every day and ask roughly 100 college basketball coaches the following question:

Based on your experience recruiting via the transfer portal, approximately what NIL price is a projected starter at the high-major level looking for in college basketball?​

Less than $100,0007.5%
Somewhere between $100,000 and $200,00025.5%
Somewhere between $200,000 and $300,00040.4%
Somewhere between $300,000 and $400,00014.9%
More than $400,00011.7%

Quotes that stood out​

• "Like anything, there are outliers in both directions. But I would say an average would be about $150-250,000. There are a lot of schools who are driving up the market where it is getting out of control. [But I'm] not complaining because if I was them I'd be doing it as well."
  • "I lost [an OK] player to a [power-conference] school for $200,000."
  • "You have bozo-schools offering insane numbers, and typically those coaches get fired. We lost a guy when we offered over $200,000 -- and he would have helped us. But we were blown away by the offer a Pac-12 school made."
  • "I do know between $200k-$400k were numbers talked about when our former player [at the mid-major level] transferred [to a high-major]."
  • "We have (at the mid-major level] been asked for as little as $30,000, and for as much as $400,000, [for a transfer]."
  • "I don't think everybody is getting what they tell people they're getting. That's why I think it would be better if all of this had to be documented and made publicly available. That would stop a lot of the bullshit. But, yeah, the number is about $200,000. If my staff targets a good transfer, we know we better be able to tell him we can get him at least that -- or we're just wasting our time."

The takeaway​

We wanted to be very specific with the way we phrased this question, largely because we were surveying coaches at all levels of the sport, and the so-called price for a transfer at one level is obviously different than it is at another. Beyond that, most fans care mostly about what's happening at the tip-top of the sport. So we decided to ask specifically about transfers who project as starters at the high-major level.
What are they really getting?

Some low-major and mid-major coaches politely declined to answer because they said they simply do not swim in those waters and don't have a good grasp for the market. We appreciated the honesty. But roughly 100 coaches did answer to the best of their ability, and we came away with the impression that transfers who project as high-major starters are typically looking for something between $200,000 and $300,000 -- and often getting promised around $200,000 in NIL deals to enroll at a new school.
Are some getting more? Yes. Are some getting less? Yes.
There are outliers on both ends.
But most coaches told us the floor for transfers who project as high-major starters is around $150,000 -- and then what amounts to a bidding war can and will take things much higher. For what it's worth, many coaches told us SEC schools -- and a few other big brands from other conferences, but mostly SEC schools -- are the ones that tend to drive up prices. (It just means more and all that.) And one other tidbit coaches offered up is that good transfers are almost always more expensive than good high school players because good transfers are usually proven commodities who are older and more likely to make an immediate impact than 99% of high school graduates entering college.

Do all coaches love the current state of things?
Absolutely not.
They now find themselves having to do things they did not get into this profession to do -- like rally boosters to donate to collectives and then use that money to negotiate with parents or grassroots coaches or whomever needs to be negotiated with. And it's especially hard for mid-major coaches who sometimes have their best players bought straight off of their campuses deep in the calendar. A perfect system, this is not.

But the smartest coaches have mostly stopped complaining about NIL deals, at least publicly, and started evolving and adjusting to their new realities. They don't all think it's sensible that somebody averaging 11 points and seven rebounds for a middle-of-the-pack power-conference team is getting hundreds of thousands of dollars. But most of them seem to understand that there's no going back now, and they know that unless they're working off the court to ensure they're competitive in the NIL space, at least relative to their conference foes, it's going to be difficult to turn around and be competitive on the court when things tip off each November.
THE ARTICLE YOU SENT LITERALLY SAYS HIGH MAJOR STARTERS AVERAGE 150-250K

This is also from a year ago. The NIL numbers from last year are nowhere near the numbers from this year.

I'm talking about basketball and your bringing up Livvy Dunne's product placement what is going on?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom