Frank Anselem back in the portal | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Frank Anselem back in the portal

be interesting to see who reaches out to him

OIP.gcVKEk1537oOpSH9QQ3lXQHaEK.jpeg

It's interesting how similar his SU and UGA stats are. Rare to see such little improvement in a player's JR and SR seasons. Also, little to no weight gain. Hmm...

It’s not uncommon for our guys transferring out to struggle at their new school. In fact, most regress.

It’s not uncommon for our guys transferring out to struggle at their new school. In fact, most regress.
Historically true with respect to guys who were unhappy under Boeheim due to playing time or other things, and it often turned out Boeheim got the best out of his guys and was right about their shortcomings or how to utilize them.

I expect that to change going forward as we lose high end players to NIL or other things.

I thought that he could have an Edwards like career and really improve. He showed potential at times but was so raw.

Historically true with respect to guys who were unhappy under Boeheim due to playing time or other things, and it often turned out Boeheim got the best out of his guys and was right about their shortcomings or how to utilize them.

I expect that to change going forward as we lose high end players to NIL or other things.

Maliq is going to rock at Duke :(

Last edited:
I remember him scoring a big bucket late in a game for us. Can't remember who it was against.

If anything, he seemed like he was a well-liked player in the locker room.

Be pretty embarrassing for us if the best player on our 2023 team can't even play for them in 2024.
So we look bad if he starts and we also look bad if he doesn’t? I’ve seen both arguments over the last month or so, so which is it?

What he does or doesn’t do at Duke has no bearing on Red or SU. Red got the best out of him last season in a cauldron of chaos. He gave the kid a platform to shine and show his gifts. He just isn’t a starter for what we need next season. Glue guy, sixth man, yes! But he wanted something else, and his friends left. If he doesn’t start at Duke, the only thing it means is he made the wrong choice for playing time. He can be happy with his $$ and clap hard alongside Scheyer.

Be pretty embarrassing for us if the best player on our 2023 team can't even play for them in 2024.
Look at their incoming recruiting class and who stayed. At least two guys will need to be injured or in foul trouble for Brown to get real playing time.

So has anyone followed Frank? I mean UGA was not a juggernaut and he got no run? Has he improved at all?

Why?
Serious question.
Um...if our best player when he was a SO can't be a part of a rotation at what we pretend is a rival school when he is now a Jr and the majority of their roster are Fr? It shows that we are a joke and are closer to a peer with BC and ND then Duke.

That's not even taking into account the financial aspect if teams are spending more on a non-rotation guy then we can afford for what would have been our top returning upperclassmen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom