Frank fouled out it was 42-46 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Frank fouled out it was 42-46

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was an atrocious call.
The ref has to swallow his whistle there. The contact was minimal at best. Just because the MSU player was on the line doesn’t make it s foul.
I don't think they blow the whistle if the MSU player doesn't fall down. It would have been a bad travel call because there was contact, however minor.

Might not have called it if the kid hadn't fallen down. Had to call something.
Call a travel.
The contact wasn’t clear on replay it showed he grazed at most.
The Michigan State player jumped in the air to catch the ball that is why he fell.

Chukwu/Sidibe both also were able to finish the game without fouling out

I know some were complaining about some of the calls but I thought we received a very fair shake today in Detroit.

Call a travel.
The Michigan State player jumped in the air to catch the ball that is why he fell.

Frank extended his arm slightly toward him, whether that caused the guy to lose his balance was debatable. More importantly, with four fouls Frank should never have been in the vicinity.

I know some were complaining about some of the calls but I thought we received a very fair shake today in Detroit.

We definitely got some calls but that doesn't excuse the poor officiating. Too much inconsistency

We definitely got some calls but that doesn't excuse the poor officiating. Too much inconsistency

That's the only thing consistent about NCAA officiating - that it's inconsistent. That's why I say move to six fouls for a DQ.

Nearly bo bo my pants when at work I realized frankie had fouled out. I assumed in my head that Mr. Boeheim had sat him at around 4:30 until after timeout. Then I thought he was hurt until about 2:20 to go and heard he fouled out.

Frank's the leader of the team. You people saying whatever you have to say are crazy.

Izzo = dummy (at least right then)

Did he think we were going to break the press and get easy baskets?

If we broke the press, we were still going to run half court offense.

Call a travel.
I thought the contact was clear. Ref probably couldn't see it but I bet it looked to him like Frank knocked him off balance

It was an atrocious call.
The ref has to swallow his whistle there. The contact was minimal at best. Just because the MSU player was on the line doesn’t make it s foul.
Great defensive effort and watching game first time on a television the zone looked much better with Frankie in theyre.(duh bruh.) Might need a bayer in morning otherwise cmon ppl our leader played hard and inspired this win. Both calls go to show how unaware these clown refs can be.

Have to be smarter with four fouls. The third and fourth fouls were much more phantom than that one, and made that one significant.

That's the only thing consistent about NCAA officiating - that it's inconsistent. That's why I say move to six fouls for a DQ.

While, we're speaking about officiating, I just saw this gem, which perhaps has already made the rounds, but it made me laugh:

Have to be smarter with four fouls. The third and fourth fouls were much more phantom than that one, and made that one significant.
Have you ever competed on any level. More than likely that foul shows the young mans determination.

Tough to be smarter bro when you give your entire life to something. If I was smart for example likely wouldn't play entire game. Loser.

Have you ever competed on any level. More than likely that foul shows the young mans determination.

Honestly, not really. He barely made a play on the ball - not that he should have with four fouls. It was a pretty serious mental mistake but we survived it so not the end of the world.

While, we're speaking about officiating, I just saw this gem, which perhaps has already made the rounds, but it made me laugh:

That’s unbelievable. And then he matter of factly signals the ball to the other team.

Let me know when
Honestly, not really. He barely made a play on the ball - not that he should have with four fouls. It was a pretty serious mental mistake but we survived it so not the end of the world.
He made play. He lost. Cant always win. Cant win w/o trying. Probably hurt him but wouldn't know by looking. Would lovee loveee find a man like that to hire.

Howard is the leader beyond tyus and beyond oshae whom many ppl where so correct about early on.

Frank extended his arm slightly toward him, whether that caused the guy to lose his balance was debatable. More importantly, with four fouls Frank should never have been in the vicinity.

Agree. I mean you could swallow the whistle, thinking our PG should really earn his 5th, but you can also call it.

If MSU complains about all the calls they didn’t get (the Moyer hip check was my favorite), I’d point back to this and say that game should have been yours after the Frank call.

I mean Frank played great today up until that point and made a lot of big plays. Some of you are crazy. We had nobody to handle the ball with him out at the end. We couldn’t even keep possession.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom