Frank has a lot of potential | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Frank has a lot of potential

Which is why me and others have brought up if he can play the 4.

At the 5 his minutes are capped until Jesse is gone - so hopefully through next year.

But we’re weak at the 4. In 1993, he’d be in there at the 4. I realize the game has changed, but could we get him in there 10 mpg at the 4 and 10 at the 5, next year?

Thatd be interesting but im not sure he has the skill set of a four. Maybe he could grow into it. Hes going to be good player, prob in 1.5 years.

Lots of discussion about bench guys not named Frank Anselem, but he’s the guy who has the best chance at being a great college player in the future.

He has plus athleticism and really plays hard. He also seems really coachable and if Griff can replicate what he did with Edwards we will be in good hands at the 5.
And the great thing is that he’s basically a freshman. Last year was essentially a redshirt for him.

Ok. Our best defender and most efficient scorer. Let’s limit his minutes so Frank can play.
You're projecting. I merely said it's crazy talk that Jesse needs to play at least 35 minutes for this team to be successful. I said nothing about limiting his minutes so Frank can play more. I think this team can win (i.e.be successful) with Jesse playing 30 minutes.

Frank has three years left and Jessie has two. They both need to mature a lot. Not big or strong enough to battle big, strong players.

You're projecting. I merely said it's crazy talk that Jesse needs to play at least 35 minutes for this team to be successful. I said nothing about limiting his minutes so Frank can play more. I think this team can win (i.e.be successful) with Jesse playing 30 minutes.
Of course i am projecting…..based on some darn good play that he has already shown all of us.

Keep in mind that Once he got significant court time last year he started to blossom and that has only continued this year. He’s avg 28 mpg right now and he is only limited by his fouls. Skies the limit with this kid. There is no reason to believe his efficiency would drop off with more minutes.

So yes please sign me up for more Jesse. If that makes me crazy then so be it.

Of course i am projecting…..based on some darn good play that he has already shown all of us.

Keep in mind that Once he got significant court time last year he started to blossom and that has only continued this year. He’s avg 28 mpg right now and he is only limited by his fouls. Skies the limit with this kid. There is no reason to believe his efficiency would drop off with more minutes.

So yes please sign me up for more Jesse. If that makes me crazy then so be it.
Oy vey. I'm all for a lot of Jesse. He's had a very good season and when he plays well and is involved, good things generally happen. I was merely pointing out I think it's crazy to assert that Jesse has to play at least 35 minutes for this team to be successful.

Lots of discussion about bench guys not named Frank Anselem, but he’s the guy who has the best chance at being a great college player in the future.

He has plus athleticism and really plays hard. He also seems really coachable and if Griff can replicate what he did with Edwards we will be in good hands at the 5.
Yup. Love the way he attacks the boards. No question who is coming down with the ball.

Not to take anything away from Griffin's coaching, but Jesse goes home to the Netherlands every summer and practices and plays with pros. I think he's picked up some things from them.

Oy vey. I'm all for a lot of Jesse. He's had a very good season and when he plays well and is involved, good things generally happen. I was merely pointing out I think it's crazy to assert that Jesse has to play at least 35 minutes for this team to be successful.
Oy vey……My opinion.

Been high on Frank since Day 1. You cant teach his natural gifts. Plus he has that " It" awareness that all great rebounders have. Just knows where the ball is going to be. His upside is huge.
Gee... surprising

What’s funny about this is he could still technically use his Covid year so basically he will have a solid few years to start here if he stays

Oy vey……My opinion.
200 (14).gif

So you want him to take minutes from Jesse?
when jesse is gassed, ft or we are ahead ---sure. frank needs in game minutes to develop. jb has rarely played him. jb destroys players confidence. confidence is a huge factor in development in anything!!!!you cannot played scared and afraid to be pulled out as soon as you make a mistake.

Jesse had an off night last night and Frank stepped up. The BC coaches strategy of getting him in foul trouble combined with some typical bad officiating combined to make him ineffective and sadly Jesse helped some! This is why we need both!

when jesse is gassed, ft or we are ahead ---sure. frank needs in game minutes to develop. jb has rarely played him. jb destroys players confidence. confidence is a huge factor in development in anything!!!!you cannot played scared and afraid to be pulled out as soon as you make a mistake.
I agree with your comments about playing scared….it has often been a problem.

Frank was huge last night. Once he gets a feel for the game as it takes him a few possessions he is a force on the boards. He isn't the first guy to the ball but he mixes it up and high points the rebounds.

He is a kid who is gonna grab 15 -20 boards a couple times in his career. If he sticks around he absolutely could be a double double guy his Sr year.

Don't see Frank as a 4.
At least not now.
He doesn't have important skills.

Can he shoot from more than 3 feet?
Can he perform the coverage the zone requires?
Can he handle even to the limited degree that may be necessary?

Maybe so...and those skills probably can be learned.
But that takes time...even for a great athlete.

Don't see Frank as a 4.
At least not now.
He doesn't have important skills.

Can he shoot from more than 3 feet?
Can he perform the coverage the zone requires?
Can he handle even to the limited degree that may be necessary?

Maybe so...and those skills probably can be learned.
But that takes time...even for a great athlete.
I agree with you on the offensive side. But, no position in the zone has more coverage responsibility than the 5, as crazy as that is.

Frank seems to be quick off the floor especially on the second jump. Keeps a lot of balls alive that way.
He has a ton of athletic ability and is springy / mobile .., however my 3 year old could pry the ball out of his hands

I've had 60 years of thinking SU players were going to be better than some turned out to be. I like Anslem. I think he has a good upside potential.

So... all of a sudden our 2 big men projects are both physically filling out and fulfilling their potential. I remember the days we all blamed Bernie firing for our lack of big men.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom