Frank Howard’s shooting... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Frank Howard’s shooting...

Are you a real person?
We just beat DOOK, the number 1 team in the country with every guy on their roster was a top 10 recruit at Cameron Indoor where they almost never lose. If you and a number of posters here didn't have this anti-Boeheim agenda,it would be easy to understand how a team without its starting point guard and clear leader would play poorly and continue to struggle while he was playing at less than 60%.

Biggest arguments for this team making the dance are essentially what happened tonight: all hands on deck.

Battle dominant. Frank finally good, at least in second half. Chuk gone wild. Hughes good in a few spots, including “the shot.”

Now, if Oshae could become a good college player before he sails off to the pros, there could be a high ceiling.

We just beat DOOK, the number 1 team in the country with every guy on their roster was a top 10 recruit at Cameron Indoor where they almost never lose. If you and a number of posters here didn't have this anti-Boeheim agenda,it would be easy to understand how a team without its starting point guard and clear leader would play poorly and continue to struggle while he was playing at less than 60%.
Okay so no. Thanks.

Biggest arguments for this team making the dance are essentially what happened tonight: all hands on deck.

Battle dominant. Frank finally good, at least in second half. Chuk gone wild. Hughes good in a few spots, including “the shot.”

Now, if Oshae could become a good college player before he sails off to the pros, there could be a high ceiling.

Realize that’s underrating a great first half by Elijah.

Okay so no. Thanks.
We just beat Duke, who Vegas gave us a 6.5% chance of doing and would have paid 15 to 1. I guess you chalk it up to more of Boeheim's "luck", like runs to the final fours and and last years sweet 16.

We just beat Duke, who Vegas gave us a 6.5% chance of doing and would have paid 15 to 1. I guess you chalk it up to more of Boeheim's "luck", like runs to the final fours and and last years sweet 16.
Shhhh hush child.

Maybe to invoke the Preacher, the great Dino Babers, in his remarks about Jamal Custis in the opener this year:

Who inhabited Frank's body, and Chuk's body, in the second half tonight?

I wouldn't go that far, but when Frank is "on" we are a different team...also need consistency out of our Centers which happens every 5th game...

Agree. Feeling better though that on a given night one of the two centers will play well.

We still have our issues. Idk what’s up with Jalen. Please show up Sat vs Pitt 2nd half Frankie!!

Franks is a decent shooter, no argument. But he's most effective when he shoots at the right time, within the flow of the offense. That flow hasn't always been there, and making it happen is the more important job for him. Trying to force his shot isn't going to be successful very often. He'll get open in step with the rest by trying to help others get open. Kind of like letting it come to him rather than chasing after it.

I hope this is a definitive statement made for running the fast break and not taking the air out of the ball. Watching the Georgia Tech game was excruciating and this game was exciting as hell, win or lose.

I don’t think Brick-ett is ever going to be an efficient shooter near the basket. Touch isn’t really something you can teach. I think he will improve his shooting on squared-up shots though.
it would be nice if he made more shots, but as long as he draws fouls & gets to the line that is good enough. he needs to concentrate on that; it's his best skill. not unlike paul harris

Now if we could get Brissett to make a layup maybe we could be a great team.

I’ts one thing to miss layups, it’s another to routinely air ball them wide and short over and over and Over again

As mich as his shooting helped us tonight, I was just glad to see him driving again. The lob to Chu and the 1 handed floater down the stretch in regulation were beautiful. We are a much better team when he gets in the lane. He's 6'5" so he can finish when he gets in there. Hope what we saw tonight continues

Frank’s only going to get better.

He made enormous strides this offseason, and the 9 weeks of healing up impacted him greatly. We’re going to see our senior guard start showing the dividends during conference play.

All these threads about Buddy and Carey... However it is clear having Frank play like last night is much more important for success this year. Was great to see him shoot with confidence within the flow, like people said. If he is a threat to score 15-20 on a good night, that opens up so much more for the other guys...

All these threads about Buddy and Carey... However it is clear having Frank play like last night is much more important for success this year. Was great to see him shoot with confidence within the flow, like people said. If he is a threat to score 15-20 on a good night, that opens up so much more for the other guys...
Certainly having four legitimate scoring threats on the floor at the same time makes a huge difference. We rarely had that last season due to the thin roster, and we've rarely had that this season due to Frank's injury. If he can return to being the efficient scoring force he was in conference last season, this team will be very dangerous come March.

I don’t think Brick-ett is ever going to be an efficient shooter near the basket. Touch isn’t really something you can teach. I think he will improve his shooting on squared-up shots though.
They don't teach touch around the basket well in Canada, I guess.

Watch Guerrier show up next year and have the same problem. Just watch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom