Frank makes a huge difference | Syracusefan.com

Frank makes a huge difference

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
Top of the zone and creating.

Marek and Frank are the only proven players that look to set up other players for good shots.

Battle hasn't gotten better.

Brissett regressed. His shot looks awful and hesitant.

Carey is a freshman and not ready to play 30 minutes, so Howard will make a difference.

But this team looks like another bubble squad. UConn isn't very good.

Carey is a freshman and not ready to play 30 minutes, so Howard will make a difference.

Marek and Brissett benefit immensely from Frank setting them up.

Battle needs to work on passing when he has nothing imo.

Marek and Brissett benefit immensely from Frank setting them up.

Battle needs to work on passing when he has nothing imo.

Sorry -- Howard will help but he won't solve all the issues.

No one said he’d solve all the issues. We’re just a lesser team when he’s gone.

And even with him, I don't think we are as good as everyone wants us to be. I was hoping another year would have helped with the shooting but it does not appear to be the case. Can't shoot, tough to score, regardless of point guard.

And even with him, I don't think we are as good as everyone wants us to be. I was hoping another year would have helped with the shooting but it does not appear to be the case. Can't shoot, tough to score, regardless of point guard.

I’m afraid of that as well. Howard will help a ton on D. The offense, Brisset not finishing, Battle not showing up for 35 mins. Flashbacks from last year

Its game 3 of 30+, they have time to work out the kinks. Thats what a tough out of conference helps with. They wont be looking past ub or other top 50 teams before the ACC now

Top of the zone and creating.

Marek and Frank are the only proven players that look to set up other players for good shots.

Oshae and Tyus have tunnel vision. Rough games from each.

We'll bounce back tomorrow.

Just wish we let Buddy go down with the ship tonight would have been good to know what we had and if he can hit tough shots in that kind of environment.

Just wish we let Buddy go down with the ship tonight would have been good to know what we had and if he can hit tough shots in that kind of environment.
I agree with this. I think he could have helped create more space on the floor.

Not sure how this was concluded... He was the only one playing basketball.

Tyus frustrates me. All the talent and passion in the world, but doesnt look to open up anyone else on the team

It's easy and convenient to say that Howard will make a huge difference, but Carey had 24 points and played extremely well in the 2nd half. OB and Battle were invisible tonight, and that played a larger role than Frank not being available. Battle ended up with 16 points, but just as that Robbie Hummel (guy next to Seth Greenburg in the ESPN studio) mentioned after the game, that stat was very misleading.

The more things change the more our stagnant offense remains the same. It is an issue and has been the past few years. And, as Fran mentioned during the game, JB is an ISO coach. ISO is great in the NBA when you have higher skilled guys who can break down a defender and in doing so opens things up. Too much standing around.

UConn hit 12 threes, many 2 feet or more beyond the NBA line. It happens, but watching these uncontested bombs and just hoping they don't go in is nerving...tonight the hoping (for SU fans) didn't work.

Not sure how this was concluded... He was the only one playing basketball.

Did you watch the game? He scored points and showed signs that he could be a very good player. He was not very good.

its still crazy how undervalued and questionably biased this board is against Frank.

Im not saying we’re a top 10 team with him. Im saying we get more than 9 assists and give up less than 12 threes.

No bubble team. We look like we sb blowing bubbles in a sand box

Does that b stand for bricks? I'm not up with all the internet lingo these days apparently, lol.

its still crazy how undervalued and questionably biased this board is against Frank.

Im not saying we’re a top 10 team with him. Im saying we get more than 9 assists and give up less than 12 threes.

A lot of people were thinking we'd be a top 10 team with him.

We'll obviously be better. Long season ahead no idea where we'll end up.

A lot of people were thinking we'd be a top 10 team with him.

We'll obviously be better. Long season ahead no idea where we'll end up.
I think we’re capable of being a top 10 team. How tyus, oshae, paschal and marek choose to progress will help with that

I really miss your avatar, and I agree. I've said this for years, myself and the two3 guy were probably the top 2 who were ahead of the curve on it and took much abuse for it, lol. #freefrank

UConn took it to SU, outhustled us, killed us on the boards and just seemed to want the game more than we did. Not sure Frank Howard's presence changes much of that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom