Frank makes a huge difference | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Frank makes a huge difference

and imagine what would bazely have done to these guys ...

UConn took it to SU, outhustled us, killed us on the boards and just seemed to want the game more than we did. Not sure Frank Howard's presence changes much of that.

Frank’s great at helping adjust the games pace towards our favor. We scored 76 tonight in a shootout uconn outshot us in. Uconn doesnt get that momentum if franks controlling our possessions.

Franks not going to give us 18 10 and 5. He will however make senior pg decisions thatll help us on both ends of the court.

Uconn beat us, im not making excuses. Im just saying the skies not falling.

UConn took it to SU, outhustled us, killed us on the boards and just seemed to want the game more than we did. Not sure Frank Howard's presence changes much of that.
They always want it more than we do. That's why we should not schedule them.

Frank is pulling a Kawhi Leonard—trying to force a trade...

This game would have been different with frank. But assuming a win with him is silly. He's not the quickest guard, and he has had his own handle issues against quick pressure. And if we had him, you'd have to take out Carey's 26 points and 7 rebounds. With more assists from Frank, maybe the rest of the team shoots a little better, but who knows? Just give credit to Hurley and Uconn. They came in like it mattered. They defended us like it mattered. They took our guys completely out of their comfort zones. Seeing Brissett looking so completely off-balance was disconcerting.

I'm encouraged by Carey's play. He looked like a Freshman in parts, and like a future star in parts. Not sure what more we could have expected, given that JB didn't start him in the previous games—i guess expecting Frank to be back by now. Maybe that was a mistake.

Frank’s great at helping adjust the games pace towards our favor. We scored 76 tonight in a shootout uconn outshot us in. Uconn doesnt get that momentum if franks controlling our possessions.

Franks not going to give us 18 10 and 5. He will however make senior pg decisions thatll help us on both ends of the court.

Uconn beat us, im not making excuses. Im just saying the skies not falling.

I agree the sky is not falling tho I am concerned that it may take a while to get this thing going in the right direction. The tail end of last year made a lot of folks forget just how uggly this team played for a substantial portion of the season. Offense just doesn't come easy for this bunch (with or without FH) and if they're going to be sloppy defensively and then get seriously outhustled we're gonna get games like tonight. The latter point (hustle) is what bothered me and as I said FH's presence wouldn't have elevated our effort imo.

Not sure how this was concluded... He was the only one playing basketball.

Kids a player his role just isn't as our 1. He came to play tonight tho I love Jalen. That just is clearly not his role.

After listening to JB's presser, youre likely right. PC was manhandled down low, and the 3 experienced scorers really didnt bring much to the table on offense. Also, some have noted this is on JB as much as them. It's interesting to think about how FH would have changed this game, but it's still far from a foregone conclusion that we would have won with him. It's just an easy answer to help us keep hope. And if that helps us emotionally, isnt that what the idea of sports is supposed to be about? Plus it gives the fans from here that harass those on the Boneyard a convenient excuse to negate this major ***whooping we witnessed. "Yeah, you kicked our *** in about every aspect, but it's only because our PG who we hated until a year ago was out, and we only had the highly prized frosh many of us wanted to start over him", lol.

I try not to hate other fans, especially classier ones, the way some on here do. It's either funny or sad that some of the people who speak out against politicians they see as bullies are using the same bully behavior(if not worse) over a game. This statement would probably get "negative likes" if this board had that option, but this is how I see it. We're all a product of our experiences. G*d bless all of you and all of them(Us and Them)... SU will rebound, but the question is how soon? And what needs to be changed? I agree that there's a strong chance that we lose this game even with my boy Frank. So how will JB and the players respond to this?

Howard won’t make much of difference.

This team is just an odd collection. A lot of good players, but they don’t play well together. Too much one on one and lack of ball movement. We need to lower expectations.

Howard won’t make much of difference.

This team is just an odd collection. A lot of good players, but they don’t play well together. Too much one on one and lack of ball movement. We need to lower expectations.

Dog Frankie is the best Pg in college ball. Heart beat of the team. Give us a chance. Season would be over if we had a poser like Quade. We'll start kicking ass taking names when Howard is back trust me.

We have a decent team but we need to move the ball around and improve passing - Carey settled into the game and had nice numbers but I can't remember him making a decent pass - and UCONN is never shooting 60% from 3 again this year - total fluke

We have a decent team but we need to move the ball around and improve passing - Carey settled into the game and had nice numbers but I can't remember him making a decent pass - and UCONN is never shooting 60% from 3 again this year - total fluke
He had a dime that OB fumbled around and ended up doing nothing with.

Not a fluke when we let them have a 3 point shooting contest by themselves. Nobody else will do that to them all year so I’m sure it won’t happen again, but how they shot was not “flukey”. Playing percentages can bite you sometimes.

Frank is pulling a Kawhi Leonard—trying to force a trade...

This game would have been different with frank. But assuming a win with him is silly. He's not the quickest guard, and he has had his own handle issues against quick pressure. And if we had him, you'd have to take out Carey's 26 points and 7 rebounds. With more assists from Frank, maybe the rest of the team shoots a little better, but who knows? Just give credit to Hurley and Uconn. They came in like it mattered. They defended us like it mattered. They took our guys completely out of their comfort zones. Seeing Brissett looking so completely off-balance was disconcerting.

I'm encouraged by Carey's play. He looked like a Freshman in parts, and like a future star in parts. Not sure what more we could have expected, given that JB didn't start him in the previous games—i guess expecting Frank to be back by now. Maybe that was a mistake.

Good ‘voice of reason’ post. Why are people surprised? We always start slow. Tough M2M always gets us out of our comfort zone early and gets us behind immediately. Momentum was on their side early.

We had a couple of 3 assist games with Frank last year. We don’t move the ball. We will more against zone because one is forced to but Boeheim is going to allow all the ISO and bad shots any player wants. We’re not good enough to play that way. Teams know we aren’t going to make an extra pass and that we will likely charge into waiting defenders.

Centers MUST be tougher. That was an abomination down there on D. Like Taurean Thompson was back.

Dog Frankie is the best Pg in college ball. Heart beat of the team. Give us a chance. Season would be over if we had a poser like Quade. We'll start kicking ass taking names when Howard is back trust me.

Chill man, chill. He’s alright but pump the brakes. We were the worst offense in the P5 last year with your boy as the QB.

I agree the sky is not falling tho I am concerned that it may take a while to get this thing going in the right direction. The tail end of last year made a lot of folks forget just how uggly this team played for a substantial portion of the season. Offense just doesn't come easy for this bunch (with or without FH) and if they're going to be sloppy defensively and then get seriously outhustled we're gonna get games like tonight. The latter point (hustle) is what bothered me and as I said FH's presence wouldn't have elevated our effort imo.

Spot on.

W

Put it like that its fair.

But our 2 best players have tunnel vision. I think we are a much different team with our PG.

Jalen battled tonight though no knocks on him but we weren't what we should be as a team we were really really badly out of whack. Frankie changes that. Good game from Jalen though he fought tonight kids is a player thats just not his role.

Im ready to play the Ducks tomorrow my dang bus gets in at noon I can't wait to be honest. I think we respond.

And the WORST thing that could happen to this team with all our issues is a 25-0 start.

Although I'm a huge Frank fan, if he plays tonight, the guy who scored 26 points is sitting.

Maybe this game can be helpful in the long run, as it will make Boheim examine some lineup combinations more seriously than he otherwise would have? On nights like tonight, maybe a Frank AND Jalen combo would work better than what we had out there?

Its game 3 of 30+, they have time to work out the kinks. Thats what a tough out of conference helps with. They wont be looking past ub or other top 50 teams before the ACC now

I’m sorry but UConn should be a team we beat. Doesn’t help when we are are recruiting the same players

In what world do posters think the presence of a senior guard would not help much?

Frank would’ve been ACC comeback/most improved player of the year last year if not for Luke Maye and will likely be an all acc defensive player.

There’s a difference between being another double digit point scorer and being what the team’s missing.

Im hoping for a quick frank return so he can ease his way back in. Hopefully gives us 8 ppg 6 assists and 2.5 steals. If he can average 3 or 4 boards too perfect.

For those who watch this team more than I do...does this team have a guy that can catch hot passes and do something with them? First off, you have to have a good pass but second is to catch it and I saw Carey make a hot pass to Brissett only to see it whiz through his hands. Small sample size but still, I just don't see good hands on this team...am I wrong? Again, I don't watch them all that often so I'm just curious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom