Frank tells how JB taught him to make FTs... | Syracusefan.com

Frank tells how JB taught him to make FTs...

I would like him to get more minutes, but it’s hard to see Jesse coming out of the game when he has been so spectacular. He seems like a great kid who’s really working hard. Hopefully, he can come in when we play cupcakes. (Are we playing any more cupcakes??) His development will be crucial when Jesse makes too many fouls.

““Every day, you’ve got to learn something and get better,’’ Anselem said. “Like today, not just me personally, but everybody, I think we all learned a lot. Where we at as a team? I think we’ve got a good squad. I think we’re going to be all right.’’

very important quote. This team needed that win in the worst way. Curious to see where they go from here.

““Every day, you’ve got to learn something and get better,’’ Anselem said. “Like today, not just me personally, but everybody, I think we all learned a lot. Where we at as a team? I think we’ve got a good squad. I think we’re going to be all right.’’

very important quote. This team needed that win in the worst way. Curious to see where they go from here.

In 7 games there isn't much this team will not have seen. I'm sort of getting the Izzo early season strategy and glad we don't have the injuries they usually do. The big thing with doing that is getting the big wins that get you through these gauntlets.

We have flaws and lots to improve on but haven't come out 2-5 either. Should be 5-2 but still.

In 7 games there isn't much this team will not have seen. I'm sort of getting the Izzo early season strategy and glad we don't have the injuries they usually do. The big thing with doing that is getting the big wins that get you through these gauntlets.

We have flaws and lots to improve on but haven't come out 2-5 either. Should be 5-2 but still.
Agreed...should have clarified. I meant more mentally The way they folded for VCU and Auburn was concerning...and we know it will happen again this year just based on how we play. If we have a game where we aren’t hitting shots, it’s gonna be a blowout. i took the “I think we’re gonna be alright” as a confirmation of “yeah, that’s gonna happen, but we can still win games”

IMO, Frank needs more playing time. He earned
it last night!

there was a cool moment last night; swider missed the first FT and the camera panned to JB; JB was encouraging swider saying "you got this!"; i always see boeheim being critical or assume he is being that way, so it was nice seeing some positive reinforcement

JB needs to give Frank consistent minutes. By subbing out Jessie it allows him to catch his breath and stay focused. It might keep Jessie from picking up cheap fouls.
I kind of disagree. with the way Jesse is playing id try to ride him. He is an offensive threat out there whereas Frank isnt anywhere close. His D is also much better. He is very close and at times is a dominating force out there. If Jesse isn't tired or in foul trouble he should be in the game. That being said JB needs to find some mins for Frank but i think in the 10-15 min range would be ideal. Jesse has been a huge surprise this season in a great way, his game has come a very long way.

JB needs to give Frank consistent minutes. By subbing out Jessie it allows him to catch his breath and stay focused. It might keep Jessie from picking up cheap fouls.
I'm with you on this one. I think Jesse is better, clearly, but we need to get Frank some free and clear minutes without having to look over his shoulder. He got yanked in the first half for fouling a kid that blew right by our forward. Not totally his fault, but either way, let him play.

I'm with you on this one. I think Jesse is better, clearly, but we need to get Frank some free and clear minutes without having to look over his shoulder. He got yanked in the first half for fouling a kid that blew right by our forward. Not totally his fault, but either way, let him play.
And this brings us to a tough discussion about Bourama's eventual clearance to play.. I really can't decide how I feel about it

My son got a big kick out of JB's coaching video where he's ragging on his players for not being able to shoot while making 40 in a row

Uncanny how much his sons' form is almost identical.

Gotta be 50/50 DNA/Coaching.

Only Jesse can keep himself from over the back fouls.

Agreed...should have clarified. I meant more mentally The way they folded for VCU and Auburn was concerning...and we know it will happen again this year just based on how we play. If we have a game where we aren’t hitting shots, it’s gonna be a blowout. i took the “I think we’re gonna be alright” as a confirmation of “yeah, that’s gonna happen, but we can still win games”

Yeah I wasn't disagreeing just tacking on. I'm looking to see if this team is the kind that can take a punch early and claw back into a game. To me that would signal they have something more than what we have usually seen. Jesse, Benny and Symir are the kind of players because of easy buckets, defense and athleticism that you need to be effective to do that.

Maybe that’s when you start giving Anselem minutes at forward.

Nah, I'd put Jesse at F before Frankie.

Frank has no shot other than dunking. Oh, and FT's.
Jesse looks like he could have a decent face-up game, and he has great footwork.

I'm not holding my breath for that. If he makes it back, then bonus for us. But it's been so long, I have no idea what he will bring to the table when/if he returns.
Why take any time from Jesse or Frank

I wonder if it was JB that helped transform Chuckwu into such a reliable FT shooter? THAT was miraculous given his initial form

I kind of disagree. with the way Jesse is playing id try to ride him. He is an offensive threat out there whereas Frank isnt anywhere close. His D is also much better. He is very close and at times is a dominating force out there. If Jesse isn't tired or in foul trouble he should be in the game. That being said JB needs to find some mins for Frank but i think in the 10-15 min range would be ideal. Jesse has been a huge surprise this season in a great way, his game has come a very long way.
If Frank keeps up his progress and hard work on improving - he could become a basic rotational player to give Jimmy perhaps even Cole breathers besides being just Jesse’s foul trouble back up.

Nah, I'd put Jesse at F before Frankie.

Frank has no shot other than dunking. Oh, and FT's.
Jesse looks like he could have a decent face-up game, and he has great footwork.

On offense.

Unless Sidibe makes a return Edwards isn't playing a minute anywhere other than 5 in our zone.

Frank should be ahead of Williams for the first wing sub. Next to Edwards he might make us very tough to score against down low.