Frank | Syracusefan.com

Frank

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
As one of the board's biggest critics of him, he played one heckuva game tonight.

Could have done without the hero ball 3 at the end, but we would not have been close without him throughout.

Hope he plays like this consistently next year. With him & Carey, along with Boeheim, Hughes, Bazley, Brissett (fingers crossed), Dolezaj (?) & Moyer, we'll have some legit depth on paper.

And if Battle, for some reason, stays... we could be a Top 5 team again.

As one of the board's biggest critics of him, he played one heckuva game tonight.

Could have done without the hero ball 3 at the end, but we would not have been close without him throughout.

Hope he plays like this consistently next year. With him & Carey, along with Boeheim, Hughes, Bazley, Brissett (fingers crossed), Dolezaj (?) & Moyer, we'll have some legit depth on paper.

i had no problem with Frank taking that shot. He was on fire tonight. Wished to God he could have capped off his performance with that one. Bummer.

I was telling Frank to drive but since I’m 1500 miles away he must have thought I said to chuck it up. He was terrific and has been for awhile.

It was a decent pull up 3. All you could ask for there was the chance to take a 1 point lead and to get one more stop.

When we stopped pressing the air kind of went out of the balloon if you ask me.

It's not hero ball at all. It was a shot he can make, and literally made in the game already. The play was out of sorts after the screen was not set correctly.

Zero problem with the shot, given the prior blunders.

It was a decent pull up 3. All you could ask for there was the chance to take a 1 point lead and to get one more stop.

Somehow speeding them up even more got them out of sync. Sometimes if something is working they should keep at it...even after they tie the game. It wasn’t like the zone was shutting anybody down prior.

Yeah I still am puzzled on the last play but Frank was terrific, especially in the 2H.

The only problem I have with Howard's shot is we didn't really move the ball at all to try to get a more open three. I would have liked to have seen the ball moved and come back to Frank for the shot. Right shooter, wrong shot.

If there's one person who I want taking that shot there, it's Frank.

That said, Boeheim probably didn't take timeout to tell them to try a 25-footer with time on the shot clock and no ball movement.

This game was well-coached and the players gave great effort, but they lost their focus after tying it at 74 and settled for a few jumpers rather than attacking the rim.

It was a miracle that the press so abruptly changed the tide. Chukwu was the MVP if you really think about it. Without his goalie play we had no chance.

If there's one person who I want taking that shot there, it's Frank.

That said, Boeheim probably didn't take timeout to tell them to try a 25-footer with time on the shot clock and no ball movement.

This game was well-coached and the players gave great effort, but they lost their focus after tying it at 74 and settled for a few jumpers rather than attacking the rim.

Satalin on the post post game show said he thought it was great Frank had the confidence and took that shot. And as we know now, the play we ran got discombobulated cause Chu ran the wrong play. He’s devastated about it. Not gonna bash the kid though because he came up big on defense the last 8 mins and helped us get back in it.

Satalin on the post post game show said he thought it was great Frank had the confidence and took that shot. And as we know now, the play we ran got discombobulated cause Chu ran the wrong play. He’s devastated about it. Not gonna bash the kid though because he came up big on defense the last 8 mins and helped us get back in it.
Frank had a good look that’s all that matters. If we were given the choice of a Frank pull up 3 for the win or door #2... I think we all pass on door 2.

And honestly wish chukwu would screen the wrong guy more often.

Hard to press when we didn't make a basket in the last 3 minutes. I totally agree the press was working for all the wrong reasons but we could not buy a basket to break the tie.

He’s devastated about it. Not gonna bash the kid though because he came up big on defense the last 8 mins and helped us get back in it.
That's OK. There are plenty here who will. Over and over again. And again.

Not saying he doesn't deserve criticism. But the sheer amount of duplicative posts bashing the kid (and with such venom... )
upload_2018-2-22_6-41-7.gif

He played great...and I also have no problem with that 3. you gotta take game winners at that point. We weren't winning in OT.

Wow, I personally would put our chances of winning in OT last night at about 1 in 3. We were starting to hit our offensive stride, the crowd was extremely into it, and none of our guys were in foul trouble.

Wow, I personally would put our chances of winning in OT last night at about 1 in 3. We were starting to hit our offensive stride, the crowd was extremely into it, and none of our guys were in foul trouble.

Chukwu had 4 fouls, that's why UNC consistently attacked him after breaking the press hoping to get him out.

Would have preferred Frank to have driven the ball but I can also see why he took the 3. Bet the happiest people with him taking the 3 were the refs or they probably would have been forced to make a critical game deciding call that one team would have absolutely hated and argued about for days by both teams.

Chukwu was the MVP if you really think about it. Without his goalie play we had no chance.

But the fact that we were down to begin with was in large part due to Chewy being so out of position defensively for much of the first half. I know he finished with 11 rebounds and 4 blocks, but I didn't think PC played a particularly smart game.

i wish we would set that pick with Brissett so he could be a threat off the pick and roll. it forces a guy to stay with the pick man.

i also think taking the 3 was dumb.

Frank dominated their D.

I sat front row infront of the cuse bench for the second time this year, and it was the fifth game of the year I attended.

It is incredible how apprent it is that no one on this team except Oshae Brissett moves without the ball while Frank and Tyus create out of desperation.

We are incredibly fortunate that Frank and Tyus can score like they can..

Chukwu had 4 fouls, that's why UNC consistently attacked him after breaking the press hoping to get him out.

Would have preferred Frank to have driven the ball but I can also see why he took the 3. Bet the happiest people with him taking the 3 were the refs or they probably would have been forced to make a critical game deciding call that one team would have absolutely hated and argued about for days by both teams.

If he drives and scores or gets fouled, it's a tie at best. Then UNC has plenty of time to hold for the last shot..and more than 50 percent chance they either score initially or get the rebound and score.

if we are ahead, they have to rush ..different story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom