Frank | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Frank

Wow, I personally would put our chances of winning in OT last night at about 1 in 3. We were starting to hit our offensive stride, the crowd was extremely into it, and none of our guys were in foul trouble.

I won't say we wouldn't have a shot, but it looked like the guys were sucking wind big time at the end after pressing. I liked going for the win with the 3 in regulation even if it's not what was planned and if anyone was going to take the 3, I wanted Frank over Tyus based on how they were shooting last night.

Frank dominated their D.

I sat front row infront of the cuse bench for the second time this year, and it was the fifth game of the year I attended.

It is incredible how apprent it is that no one on this team except Oshae Brissett moves without the ball while Frank and Tyus create out of desperation.

We are incredibly fortunate that Frank and Tyus can score like they can..

Behind the bench or across from the bench?

they interviewed roy williams pre game and asked him about the difference between frank howard this year and last. roy said " confidence".
not quite sure how that got crushed last season.

But the fact that we were down to begin with was in large part due to Chewy being so out of position defensively for much of the first half.
He was out of position because their interior passing was a clinic. When a team can match our length and pass over the top as well as they did, you just can’t zone them. Period.

Satalin on the post post game show said he thought it was great Frank had the confidence and took that shot. And as we know now, the play we ran got discombobulated cause Chu ran the wrong play. He’s devastated about it. Not gonna bash the kid though because he came up big on defense the last 8 mins and helped us get back in it.

Unless my eyes deceived me last night, you had a heck of a close view on that last play.

He was out of position because their interior passing was a clinic. When a team can match our length and pass over the top as well as they did, you just can’t zone them. Period.

Carolina was excellent at this, it was like a Pitino scheme, only cleaner. I had to tip my hat to them, that was great offensive play. When our guards had to cheat down to help on May (and they did a terrific job adjusting here; he got nothing for the last 25 minutes or so), Berry et al. were able to step into open threes. All things considered, I think that's some of the best defense we could play while still giving up 50% shooting.

Except for their spaz-fest against the press, Carolina made all the right offensive moves to win. In that respect, it was one of the better basketball games we've been involved in this year. Pretty much the polar opposite of the Bonaventure game.

Last edited:
Carolina was excellent at this, it was like a Pitino scheme, only cleaner. I had to tip my hat to them, that was great offensive play. When our guards had to cheat down to help on May (and they did a terrific job adjusting here; he got nothing for the last 25 minutes or so), Berry et al. were able to step into open threes. All things consider, I think that's some of the best defense we could play while still giving up 50% shooting.

Except for their spaz-fest against the press, Carolina made all the right offensive moves to win. In that respect, it was one of the better basketball games we've been involved in this year. Pretty much the polar opposite of the Bonaventure game.

The passing was impressive -- fine display of team basketball.

Most teams can't replicate that.

UNC was laser focused for playing against the SU defense because the got humbled by Virginia who plays with a similar approach. It was almost like a rematch with UVA for them and they wanted payback. SU still almost came out with a win anyway.

UNC was laser focused for playing against the SU defense because the got humbled by Virginia who plays with a similar approach. It was almost like a rematch with UVA for them and they wanted payback. SU still almost came out with a win anyway.
We are nothing like VA. Not sure where you're getting that from. They were zeroed in because they rewatched game film of last year and got excited about a chance to replicate that. Literally. Read the post-game interview by Pinson.

We are nothing like VA. Not sure where you're getting that from. They were zeroed in because they rewatched game film of last year and got excited about a chance to replicate that. Literally. Read the post-game interview by Pinson.
Syracuse and Virginia both play a defense first long possessions on offense to limit the opponents possessions. They held UNC to 49 points and I'm sure for a team like UNC that really annoyed them.

Syracuse and Virginia both play a defense first long possessions on offense to limit the opponents possessions. They held UNC to 49 points and I'm sure for a team like UNC that really annoyed them.

They were salivating about to go up against the zone. They have much better personnel than most to be able to shred a zone. Roy knows what to do as well. They were in a little bit of a funk back then. It happens. Even to score in the 60s against a depleted ND team for them is bad. They are playing lights out now.

They were salivating about to go up against the zone. They have much better personnel than most to be able to shred a zone. Roy knows what to do as well. They were in a little bit of a funk back then. It happens. Even to score in the 60s against a depleted ND team for them is bad. They are playing lights out now.
Meh.

I’m sure it annoyed them but it had nothing to do with their game prep for syracuse. You’re just making things up.

I’m sure it annoyed them but it had nothing to do with their game prep for syracuse. You’re just making things up.
I'm not "making things up" . If you were their coach, wouldn't you tell them, over and over, that Syracuse is going to want to play a limited possession game and if we don't pass and execute efficiently, then we will end up scoring 49 points. Like we did against Virginia, who also likes to play slow.

I'm not "making things up" . If you were their coach, wouldn't you tell them, over and over, that Syracuse is going to want to play a limited possession game and if we don't pass and execute efficiently, then we will end up scoring 49 points. Like we did against Virginia, who also likes to play slow.
Believe what you want. You're already convinced Roy gave his players that pep talk.

North Carolina doesn’t play slow. Against man or zone. I don’t quite understand what the issue is. They just couldn’t get anything going against UVA’s D that day. It can happen against them.

North Carolina doesn’t play slow. Against man or zone. I don’t quite understand what the issue is. They just couldn’t get anything going against UVA’s D that day. It can happen against them.
I don't really want this to be some huge point with you or Francopizza.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom